Windows 10: When "sfc /scannow" does not fix missing bcrypt.dll message

Discus and support When "sfc /scannow" does not fix missing bcrypt.dll message in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; K. This is weird. But here goes. Had a problem with my PC where Windows 10 stopped applying updates. So I did a complete rebuild, installing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AndyBacka, Jul 24, 2018.

1. AndyBacka Win User

When "sfc /scannow" does not fix missing bcrypt.dll message

K. This is weird. But here goes.

Had a problem with my PC where Windows 10 stopped applying updates. So I did a complete rebuild, installing latest Windows 10 (x64) on a fresh HD. Install went great, moved my Users directory to a separate disk, and then started re-installing my apps. Firefox installed as expected, so then I tried iTunes, using the version from the Microsoft Store. Install went well (no errors), but when I went to start the application, I received 4 errors that the following dll files are not found:

• bcrypt.dll
    • dwmapi.dll
    • dxva2.dll
    • iphlpapi.dll

So I took the error messages' advice and uninstall/reinstalled iTunes. Still borked. So I found these commands after a search:

• dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    • sfc /scannow

Ran them as Administrator, but no integrity violations were found. Rebooted anyway, and tried re-installing iTunes from the Microsoft Store - still borked.

Then I discovered all 4 dlls are where they are supposed to be under C:\Windows\system32\

I'm not sure what the problem is. I could download the iTunes binaries from Apple and attempt to install it that way, but I'd prefer to use the Store version to avoid getting requests to install other software.

:)

AndyBacka, Jul 24, 2018
  2. Kem Mon Win User

Missing VCOMP140.DLL

Hi Brenda,

Have you tried performing the
    SFC scan? If not, we suggest that you perform it. SFC will scan, fix and restore any corrupted and missing system files.
    To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.

Note:
    The scanning might take a while. Make sure that you
    DO NOT CANCEL
    the process.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jul 24, 2018
  3. Msvcr100.dll missing after Windows 10 update, sfc/ scannow showed no mistakes

Dear Microsoft Support,

I have a problem, and i see no other option than to write a message here,

msvcr100.dll file is missing after Win10 (x64) Update (not the initial upgrade, but update from the last month). Nothing helped.

I tried to copy the old .dll file from windows.old, then i tried for some tools to fix - no result, than manually downloaded this dll and system showed - "The module "MSVCR100.dll" was loaded but the entry-point DllRegisterServer was not found. Make sure
    that "MSVCR100.dll" is a valid DLL or OCX file and then try again."Then tried to write: "sfc /scannow" in command line, after several hours of checking - it was written, that there are no mistakes.

Is there anyway You may help me in solving this problem?

The problem appeared after updating Windows 10, it never occured before.

Regards

Uninstallity, Jul 24, 2018
  4. David Haz Win User

MSVCP100.dll and MSVCP100.dll missing

Hello,

May we know if you have made any software changes to your device prior to the missing DLL files?

As a first troubleshooting step, we suggest that you run the System File Checker tool and see if it helps with the issue. System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted
    files. If a Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave as expected.

To run the System File Checker tool, you may follow the steps below:

• Open an elevated command prompt. To do this, click Start, type
      Command Prompt or cmd, then right-click it, and click
      Run as administrator.
    • At the command prompt, type the following command, and press Enter:
      • sfc /scannow
    • After the process is finished, you may receive the results of the scan, if it found any corruptions within your device.

We look forward to an update from you.

Regards.

David Haz, Jul 24, 2018
Thema:

1. When "sfc /scannow" does not fix missing bcrypt.dll message - Similar Threads - sfc scannow does

2. sfc /scannow does not work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    sfc /scannow does not work: I have tried C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service. C:\WINDOWS\system32>sc config trustedinstaller start= auto [SC] ChangeServiceConfig SUCCESS C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow Windows Resource Protection...
  3. A customer ran SFC /scannow and does not know if there was or was not a message about...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A customer ran SFC /scannow and does not know if there was or was not a message about...: A customer ran SFC /scannow and does not know if there was or was not a message about corruption – where can you confirm this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-customer-ran-sfc-scannow-and-does-not-know-if/23a7d2b2-3fee-444c-87b5-c6e31737eeb8
  4. sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    sfc /scannow: Hi all, does anyone know anything about the logs in sfc /scannow? When I scan my Windows I get no integrity violations however in my logs I see a few things such as: 0000018b Warning: Overlap: Directory \??\C:\Program Files (x86)\ is owned twice or has its security set...
  5. sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sfc /scannow: i ran sfc /scannow and got when it reched around 54% i got the followingmessage "Windows Resources Protection could not perform the requested operation" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfc-scannow/425af61f-5e61-4f8e-badc-1e44ae02698e
  6. HP computer bsod’s, sfc /scannow does not fix.

HP computer bsod’s, sfc /scannow does not fix.: Hello! I have been having problems eith my HP laptop recently, it has been bluescreening and particulary glitchy display crashing. This has happened after I have reinstalled windows using the options you can find in settingsThe full clean, no personel files kept, I have run...
  7. sfc /scannow

sfc /scannow: when I run sfc /scannow in command prompt it will only run to 71% and than it stop, how can i fix that problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfc-scannow/5f81a97e-769a-413c-8139-2871d8c08b5f
  8. Error message when running sfc /scannow

Error message when running sfc /scannow: I get an error message when running scannow saying that some files are corrupt and could not be fixed. How do I fix them? My laptop seems to be in an unstable state. Thanks for your help...
  9. sfc/scannow does not exist

sfc/scannow does not exist: sfc/scannow will not work says does not exsist https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfcscannow-does-not-exist/a6682673-efa3-4868-8177-b0b04d49e9cc
  10. Does DISM/Restorehealth fix all issues with SFC/SCannow?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Does DISM/Restorehealth fix all issues with SFC/SCannow?: Really weird. Ran SFC Scannow. Says I have some corrupt files. So I went ahead and did the DISM/Restorehealth and it said it completed successfully. But when I run SFC again getting same error. Wouldn't a DISM/Restorehealth fix any issues with SFC/Scannow? 51039

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the module bcrypt.dll was loaded but the entry-point DllRegisterServer was not found

2. missing dll scannow