Windows 10: When should I disable driver verifier If I don't get a BSOD?

Discus and support When should I disable driver verifier If I don't get a BSOD? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have another post where people are helping me with BSODs on my gaming pc whenever I play games and they suggested I run driver verifier and send them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Shady, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Shady Win User

When should I disable driver verifier If I don't get a BSOD?

I have another post where people are helping me with BSODs on my gaming pc whenever I play games and they suggested I run driver verifier and send them the two more bsod minidump files. My question is once I enable driver verifier how long should I wait to disable it? If I don't get a bsod within the first 1 hour of it running should I turn it off and assume my drivers are not the problem since when playing games I always get the bsod within the first 15 minutes.

One more questions, they recommend that I turn off auto restart when I get a bsod, but if I do get a bsod with auto restart disabled how would I boot up again during a bsod? would I just press and hold the power button on the pc?

here's the link to my other thread in case you want to look at it.
    How do I read/analyze this dump file so I know what is causing the BSO - Windows 10 Forums

thanks!!

:)

Shady, Jan 21, 2016
  2. imFHD Win User

Frequent BSOD after updating to Windows 10

I honestly don't know why verifier is not running. I have followed the steps exactly, and when it asks me to reboot, I do but my computer gets stuck on a reboot loop whenever verifier is enabled. I can't access my PC unless I go into safe mode and disable
    verifier. If I don't reboot and check if verifier is running, it shows that it is, but when it crashes it apparently wasn't. I checked the verifier/ query and it did return a list of drivers as you mentioned.

What am I doing wrong?

As for the drivers, I installed all the new drivers available and I don't know if I should manually replace these files? I must be doing something wrong. I follows the site you gave me previously, searched for the driver, followed the link to the website
    that is providing said driver, downloaded and installed the new driver from the website.

I am currently running a memtest, so far it has gone through 5 passes with no errors, but I had to leave for work. I will check back on the progress when I get back.

imFHD, Jan 21, 2016
  3. "PDC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT"???

I have followed your instructions to turn on the Driver Verifier. After restarting the PC I get a Blue Screen upon startup and I am forced to boot into safe mode. I do not know if the Verifier will be able to correctly identify the driver that is causing
    the crash in safe mode, so would you please follow up with this situation.

ST

P.S. I am not getting the blue screens repetitively when the driver verifier has turned off. Should disable the verifier and try the memtest instead?

Surface Tester, Jan 21, 2016
Thema:

When should I disable driver verifier If I don't get a BSOD?

1. When should I disable driver verifier If I don't get a BSOD? - Similar Threads - should disable driver

2. BSOD when running driver verifier

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when running driver verifier: Background: For years my Alienware R3 laptop has been unstable. It seems to relate to drivers and perhaps hardware, but I've never figured it out. The most stable configuration seems to be to disable the Intel graphics driver, leaving the NVIDIA graphics driver enabled. If I...
  3. BSOD when running driver verifier

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when running driver verifier: Background: For years my Alienware R3 laptop has been unstable. It seems to relate to drivers and perhaps hardware, but I've never figured it out. The most stable configuration seems to be to disable the Intel graphics driver, leaving the NVIDIA graphics driver enabled. If I...
  4. BSOD when running driver verifier

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Driver Verifier BSOD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver Verifier BSOD: So for like a year im having random reboots with no BSOD up to 2 times a month, so i researched the topic for a bit and ruled out some faulty hardware like GPU was already in my old PC and ran fine or RAM Memtest86 passed without problems, changed PSU too. i also changed some...
  6. Driver Verifier BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Driver Verifier BSOD: So for like a year im having random reboots with no BSOD up to 2 times a month, so i researched the topic for a bit and ruled out some faulty hardware like GPU was already in my old PC and ran fine or RAM Memtest86 passed without problems, changed PSU too. i also changed some...
  7. Still getting DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION BSOD after I disabled my verifier.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Still getting DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION BSOD after I disabled my verifier.: I turned on verifier to problem-solve bsod issues in windows10 (I know, not a very good idea). Now every time I press the sleep button on my laptop I get the DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION blue-screen error. This did not happen prior to me turning on verifier, and now that...
  8. I ran Driver Verifier but I don't know which driver is casuing BSOD. Please help!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I ran Driver Verifier but I don't know which driver is casuing BSOD. Please help!: I ran Driver Verifier to check which driver is causing my computer to malfunction. When I reboot my computer to activate Driver Verifier, it just blue screened with the stop code, DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION. It repeated until the system tried automatic repair. I...
  9. BSOD driver_verifier_DMA Violation but Driver Verifier is disabled?

BSOD driver_verifier_DMA Violation but Driver Verifier is disabled?: I've recently received this blue screen error: Driver_verifier-DMA-violation When I looked into event viewer a bugcheck was raised the same time my computer crashed : Error Code: 0x000000e6 The strange thing is my Driver Verifier is not enabled. I was hoping to get help...
  10. I started Driver verifier to check on bsod I'm getting. Now I'm in loops of driver verifier...

I started Driver verifier to check on bsod I'm getting. Now I'm in loops of driver verifier...: How to turn it off if pc cant boot. How to check what driver verifier detected exactly. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-started-driver-verifier-to-check-on-bsod-im/f3e99d7d-761c-436b-870d-fdea5b0bc390