Windows 10: When should I disable driver verifier If I don't get a BSOD?

Discus and support When should I disable driver verifier If I don't get a BSOD? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have another post where people are helping me with BSODs on my gaming pc whenever I play games and they suggested I run driver verifier and send them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Shady, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Shady Win User

When should I disable driver verifier If I don't get a BSOD?

I have another post where people are helping me with BSODs on my gaming pc whenever I play games and they suggested I run driver verifier and send them the two more bsod minidump files. My question is once I enable driver verifier how long should I wait to disable it? If I don't get a bsod within the first 1 hour of it running should I turn it off and assume my drivers are not the problem since when playing games I always get the bsod within the first 15 minutes.

One more questions, they recommend that I turn off auto restart when I get a bsod, but if I do get a bsod with auto restart disabled how would I boot up again during a bsod? would I just press and hold the power button on the pc?

here's the link to my other thread in case you want to look at it.
    How do I read/analyze this dump file so I know what is causing the BSO - Windows 10 Forums

thanks!!

:)

Shady, Jan 21, 2016
  2. imFHD Win User

Frequent BSOD after updating to Windows 10

I honestly don't know why verifier is not running. I have followed the steps exactly, and when it asks me to reboot, I do but my computer gets stuck on a reboot loop whenever verifier is enabled. I can't access my PC unless I go into safe mode and disable
    verifier. If I don't reboot and check if verifier is running, it shows that it is, but when it crashes it apparently wasn't. I checked the verifier/ query and it did return a list of drivers as you mentioned.

What am I doing wrong?

As for the drivers, I installed all the new drivers available and I don't know if I should manually replace these files? I must be doing something wrong. I follows the site you gave me previously, searched for the driver, followed the link to the website
    that is providing said driver, downloaded and installed the new driver from the website.

I am currently running a memtest, so far it has gone through 5 passes with no errors, but I had to leave for work. I will check back on the progress when I get back.

imFHD, Jan 21, 2016
  3. "PDC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT"???

I have followed your instructions to turn on the Driver Verifier. After restarting the PC I get a Blue Screen upon startup and I am forced to boot into safe mode. I do not know if the Verifier will be able to correctly identify the driver that is causing
    the crash in safe mode, so would you please follow up with this situation.

ST

P.S. I am not getting the blue screens repetitively when the driver verifier has turned off. Should disable the verifier and try the memtest instead?

Surface Tester, Jan 21, 2016
Thema:

When should I disable driver verifier If I don't get a BSOD?

1. When should I disable driver verifier If I don't get a BSOD? - Similar Threads - should disable driver

2. I started Driver verifier to check on bsod I'm getting. Now I'm in loops of driver verifier...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I started Driver verifier to check on bsod I'm getting. Now I'm in loops of driver verifier...: How to turn it off if pc cant boot. How to check what driver verifier detected exactly. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-started-driver-verifier-to-check-on-bsod-im/f3e99d7d-761c-436b-870d-fdea5b0bc390
  3. Should I get 1809?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Should I get 1809?: Hi people of the world, I got a new HP Pavilion 14-ce0518sa for Christmas (hooray!) and I wondered whether or not I should upgrade to 1809 since my laptop is too good to screw up, so I thought I should ask the community. Seeing the havoc that went on when 1809 was first...
  4. i don't get response when i type in cortana

in Cortana
    i don't get response when i type in cortana: cortana search https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-get-response-when-i-type-in-cortana/47b72de1-8230-494e-aeae-8ac80d018c1e"
  5. Driver Verifier for a BSOD

Driver Verifier for a BSOD: Hello, I used driver verifier to find out why i'm having freeze and BSOD, there is my DMP file, I hope someone can help me out https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ansh37cgsCUtiWNq5QmTy7pI3giE Thanks !...
  6. Should I get Antivirus?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Should I get Antivirus?: Hi, I'm just wondering is it enough to have Windows 10 built in Windows Defender, or should I get 3rd party Antivirus? I mean is that Defender full functioning Antivirus or it's just for some malware/spyware and etc? 71882
  7. Driver Related BSOD - Driver Verifier

Driver Related BSOD - Driver Verifier: I recently started a new job and was given a new Dell Laptop. I am having seemingly randomly BSOD issues. Some days it doesn't happen at all and some days it can happen up to ten times. I've got several BSOD errors (mainly CRITICAL PROCESS DIED). I believe it's a driver...
  8. Should I disable my modem firewall when I have a router?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Should I disable my modem firewall when I have a router?: I have a modem, and a netgear nighthawk R7000 router. I do not use the modem for wireless, as I have a router. Does my modem's firewall need to be on or does the router take care of that? And, is windows firewalll not good enough? 64154
  9. Should I disable the pagefile?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Should I disable the pagefile?: Just curious if I have enough memory to disable the pagefile without causing any harm?? [img] I have no idea how this happened! It's an older laptop that hasn't been booted in a year or so. It really has 8 GB of system memory, but apparently, Windows 7 forgot the...
  10. Should I disable Superfetch?

in Windows 10 Support
    Should I disable Superfetch?: I know it loads programs to the RAM so they can open faster and actually It doesn't really bother me but I just want to ask - Does it really improve performance that much? My system runs pretty fast, considering its age, and I'm just wondering, will there be a significant...