Windows 10: when shuting down, windows puts the NTFS into an non-editable state

Discus and support when shuting down, windows puts the NTFS into an non-editable state in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] which shut-down option should i change to remove that hibernation part (fast restarting)from the shutdown process i could find any help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MasterAndreas, Mar 24, 2017.

1. when shuting down, windows puts the NTFS into an non-editable state

when shuting down, windows puts the NTFS into an non-editable state [​IMG]
    which shut-down option should i change to remove that hibernation part (fast restarting)from the shutdown process

i could find any help anywhere else

:)

MasterAndreas, Mar 24, 2017
  2. MrDoggery Win User

When I press e or caps windows is shutdowning

When I press e or caps windows is shuting down

MrDoggery, Mar 24, 2017
  3. WINDOWS 10 64bit

I am having problems with Task Host Window when shuting down, the same as others had with Windows764bit.

douglasgillan, Mar 24, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

when shuting down, windows puts the NTFS into an non-editable state

Check your drive settings in Device Manager. To remove the Hibernation partition, you just need to go into a Command Window and enter powercfg /hibernate off.

bro67, Mar 24, 2017
  5. could you please go in more detail i am not familiar with windows-OSs

MasterAndreas, Mar 24, 2017
  6. DavidY Win User
    By default, when you select ShutDown, it doesn't actually fully shut-down and instead goes into a form of Hibernation.
    I would suggest you turn off Fast Startup:
    Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10

DavidY, Mar 24, 2017
  7. Bree New Member
  8. Berton Win User

Last time I saw that message [couple of weeks ago] was when booting to a Linux Mint LiveDVD to enable copying data from the Windows NTFS-formatted drive that wouldn't boot but Linux couldn't Mount the drive. I pulled the drive and put it in a BlacX External dock connected to my Win10 computer and ran chkdsk which found some issues but at least I was able to save the needed data. In the process I discovered that the drive was getting too hot and slowing down the platters, had to replace it.

Berton, Mar 24, 2017
  9. bro67 Win User
    What Operating Systems do you use? Not much detail to go into for simple steps that are basic user actions.

bro67, Mar 24, 2017
  10. Berton Win User
    The OP shows OS: W10/Arch linux (dual boot) in the System Specs.

Berton, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. when shuting down, windows puts the NTFS into an non-editable state - Similar Threads - shuting down puts

2. PC keeps shuting down, faster

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keeps shuting down, faster: Hi,My PC randomly crashed, while i was playing CP77.I then restarted it, which worked, but it would keep turning off, just going out like pulling the power supply.This would keep happening faster, so less and less time between starting and just turning off, not even fully...
  3. PC keeps shuting down, faster

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC keeps shuting down, faster: Hi,My PC randomly crashed, while i was playing CP77.I then restarted it, which worked, but it would keep turning off, just going out like pulling the power supply.This would keep happening faster, so less and less time between starting and just turning off, not even fully...
  4. VSS is stop the windows from shuting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VSS is stop the windows from shuting down: Hello,I have Windows 11 and sometimes I see at the windows logs>application the errorVolume Shadow Copy Service information: The COM Server with CLSID {4e14fba2-2e22-11d1-9964-00c04fbbb345} and name CEventSystem cannot be started. [0x8007045b, A system shutdown is in...
  5. VSS is stop the windows from shuting down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VSS is stop the windows from shuting down: Hello,I have Windows 11 and sometimes I see at the windows logs>application the errorVolume Shadow Copy Service information: The COM Server with CLSID {4e14fba2-2e22-11d1-9964-00c04fbbb345} and name CEventSystem cannot be started. [0x8007045b, A system shutdown is in...
  6. Laptop suddenly shuting down

Laptop suddenly shuting down: After I have installed and run a software called 'Advance System RepairPRO Ver', my laptops' noise increase and randomly shuts down. But before I have installed the said software, my laptop already has this problem. While searching for a possible solution, I've encountered...
  7. unusual delay when shuting down PC

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    unusual delay when shuting down PC: Hi guys, on my 6700K rig I've noticed today unusual delay when I click to shutdown PC,and for sure it wasn't like this before. Immediately monitor turns off but rig not,there is like almost 1 min delay for rig to power off after I clicked shutdown in W10,even after first...
  8. whidows not shuting down

whidows not shuting down: hello I have a toshiba u500 from 2009 with 4GB ram and T4200 cpu and GMA4500M gpu no battery. when I want to shutdown my laptop all systems stop working but the cpu fan keeps running and if I force it to shut down the windows starts much slower with a failure report and if...
  9. Either it's not shuting down properly or it's when starting/powering up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Either it's not shuting down properly or it's when starting/powering up: [IMG] Asus G60Jx Laptop 6 GB RAM Nvidia 360m Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC So this is What I get after about every 4th startup/ power up or out of hibernation. Comes up with the first screen when bios boots. At first I removed the power and battery, then held the power...
  10. microsoft photos keeps shuting down when open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft photos keeps shuting down when open: Every time I open up my photos a few seconds go by and it shuts down. I think I tried every thing help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-photos-keeps-shuting-down-when-open/d8e86d8a-d0c2-4d55-82ee-0c337a80bee5

Users found this page by searching for:

1. shuting down windows ntfs locked