Windows 10: When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

Discus and support When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; OK, so the Windows 10 engineers bollixed up the wifi connectivity part of the operating system. Everybody knows that by now. It seems they are making... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by wabbles, Jan 7, 2016.

1. wabbles Win User

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

OK, so the Windows 10 engineers bollixed up the wifi connectivity part of the operating system. Everybody knows that by now. It seems they are making some progress in resolving it. Now, instead of seeing "Secured, No Internet" on your list of wifi connections, you see "Connected, Secured" EXCEPT no webpages will load. So you really aren't connected. It does seem to be a step in the right direction. Does anybody know when they plan on a full and complete repair of this screw up of epic proportions?

:)

wabbles, Jan 7, 2016
  2. DamoMils Win User

When will the Nokia N8 will be in the market?

Guess I'll believe that when I see it! Won't be holding my breath. Thanks for your information though.

DamoMils, Jan 7, 2016
  3. alzaeem80 Win User
    When will the Nokia N8 will be in the market?

will the N8 take place of the nokia communicator?

alzaeem80, Jan 7, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

Hi Wabbles and welcome to Tenforums.

I've got 4 systems connecting via wireless; all adapters are different makes; all have zero issues, and two of them are old (wireless-G only). Most every issue I have seen with wireless connections has been driver-related. (Or, impending router failure.) I would suggest identifying your adapter model/make, and searching for different drivers that you can try out. And, sometimes an older driver works better than a newer one (just had this issue on a system I was working on yesterday). Also, verify you have these same connection issues when connecting to different routers, just to rule that out.

simrick, Jan 8, 2016
  5. Kari Win User
    +1

Well said Simrick.

I was wondering this silly "everybody knows" statement in OP's post:

Every time I have had wireless connectivity issues, it has been caused either by an outdated or otherwise false driver, or my router. I have used Windows 10 exclusively since the first preview build and have had no wireless issues I could not have solved with installing a proper driver or restarting my router.

Kari, Jan 8, 2016
  6. Nothing to do with Microsoft, as others have put either router or driver playing up or out of date.
    Our router played up last week all had to do which took 4-5 mins was shut it down and reset it via reset button on back.
    Been ok ever since

hTconeM9user, Jan 8, 2016
  7. brummyfan Win User
    Hi,
    Go to Network sharing centre, click Change Adapter settings, right click Wi-Fi and disable it, reboot and enable it, might work. If you still find it difficult to get the connection working, let us know the Wi-Fi card make and the driver you have at the moment.

brummyfan, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved? - Similar Threads - wifi connectivity problems

2. WiFi is connect but no internet I to solve it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi is connect but no internet I to solve it: The wifi problem I want to clear please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-is-connect-but-no-internet-i-to-solve-it/75750a28-a763-4495-b250-16ddfd02570f
  3. WiFi is connect but no internet I to solve it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi is connect but no internet I to solve it: The wifi problem I want to clear please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-is-connect-but-no-internet-i-to-solve-it/75750a28-a763-4495-b250-16ddfd02570f
  4. How to solve this problem of not connecting?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to solve this problem of not connecting?: I play every day the solitaire events. I am currently having 900+ events on the first place, but monthly, 2-3 days, I have a big problem: I play the event and after solving the event quest in, let”s say 1.30 min, it wont connect to play the next challenge. The message is :...
  5. How to solve this problem of not connecting?

How to solve this problem of not connecting?: I play every day the solitaire events. I am currently having 900+ events on the first place, but monthly, 2-3 days, I have a big problem: I play the event and after solving the event quest in, let”s say 1.30 min, it wont connect to play the next challenge. The message is :...
  6. WiFi Connection Problem

WiFi Connection Problem: Hey there!I have installed dual band wifi i.e 2g and 5g. But I have not able to connect to 5g network. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-connection-problem/5113afc6-630f-436c-b128-23b8bad347ef
  7. Wifi connection problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi connection problem: HelloI have been reading my emails when suddenly lost the internet connection... My Wifi is on and I see the available connections but I can't connect. I tried a lots of things like reinstall the utility, on/off the realtek wifi in the device manager realtek type: 8822ce...
  8. how to Keep the wifi connection when there is a problem in the internet connection?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how to Keep the wifi connection when there is a problem in the internet connection?: Hello Windows 10 cuts the connection to the wifi router automatically when there is a problem in the internet connection... how to stop that ? Because I have unstable internet connection and the local network throw wifi is important for me I have many PCs use it (Printers...
  9. Wifi Connectivity Problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wifi Connectivity Problem: [ATTACH] I have tried updating wifi driver, rollback wifi driver, Resetting tcp, tried power-saving mode ones too. But the wifi keeps disconnecting after a minute or two. Every time I have to manually disconnect and connect again. Other devices just work fine. Please help...
  10. Wifi connectivity problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi connectivity problem: Hi Over the past week or so,my internet connection(Wifi) has been disconnecting.I am using a TPlink Wireless USB adapter:- https://www.amazon.co.uk/Archer-T2U-Wireless-Supports-10-7-10-11/dp/B00K11UIV4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1546962138&sr=8-2&keywords=Archer+T2U When my...