When will Windows get the time from the internet

Discus and support When will Windows get the time from the internet in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows reads the time from the system clock which might be wrong. Windows also updates the system time from the internet when I toggle the "automatic"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by H2ONaCl, Jul 7, 2018.

1. H2ONaCl Win User

Windows reads the time from the system clock which might be wrong. Windows also updates the system time from the internet when I toggle the "automatic" option to OFF then to ON.

Otherwise, it might eventually get the time from the internet but it would not be soon enough.

Is there a way to get this to happen shortly after a reboot.

(Aside: The reason the system time is wrong is not because the RTC battery is dead but because Ubuntu and Windows seem to write to the system clock differently. This is not a problem for Ubuntu because Ubuntu will display the wrong time (interpret what Windows wrote in an Ubuntu-manner) but then consults the internet shortly after the user login. The displayed time is wrong only between boot up and login. Windows will read the Ubuntu-written time and do nothing about it for an unknown time even if the internet is available.)

:)

H2ONaCl, Jul 7, 2018
  2. mixa Win User

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

When will Windows get the time from the internet wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

mixa, Jul 7, 2018
  3. exodusprime1337 Win User
    windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 7, 2018
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond When will Windows get the time from the internet :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jul 7, 2018
Thema:

1. When will Windows get the time from the internet - Similar Threads - internet

2. Constant disconnect of Wifi Internet on Windows10, Outlook 2013

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Constant disconnect of Wifi Internet on Windows10, Outlook 2013: Over and over again Wifi disconnects. On Comcast/Xfinity. Just a constant problem. On HP desktop computer. relatively new. So why can't Microsoft fix this?...
  3. No Internet (wiered or wireless) on Sony Vaio desktop after system autoupgrading to Win10

No Internet (wiered or wireless) on Sony Vaio desktop after system autoupgrading to Win10: My parents used a 10+ year old Sony Vaio desktop(WinXP) mainly just for internet browsing. Around Nov 2017 it seemed that they clicked Ok to a pop up message to upgrade to Win10 and now the desktop has Win10 but no internet/wifi even when using an Ethernet cable. We tried to...
  4. Internet problems

Internet problems: So I have had this internet provider for about 3 years right 2 years ago my internet didn't experience any kind of issue in gaming(no delays, stable internet) a year ago I changed up my computer a bit. but recently(this year), gaming has been a lot harder for me my ping...
  5. Stop Google Chrome 'cycling' though internet ports?

in Browsers and Email
    Stop Google Chrome 'cycling' though internet ports?: I've noticed Google Chrome 'cycles' through high-range internet ports while connected to the internet. To further explain: It opens a new port each time you open a new tab, and those new ports are usually sequentially one number higher than the last port opened. Is there a...
  6. Stop Google Chrome 'cycling' though internet ports?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop Google Chrome 'cycling' though internet ports?: I've noticed Google Chrome 'cycles' through high-range internet ports while connected to the internet. To further explain: It opens a new port each time you open a new tab, and those new ports are usually sequentially one number higher than the last port opened. Is there a...
  7. No internet connection unless computer restart after initial startup

No internet connection unless computer restart after initial startup: The concern is when the user logs in for the first time in the A.M. to start the day in office; the internet icon shows internet access, but when tries to browse or access Outlook for emails. Browser ends up with the error “This Site can’t provide a secure connection – sent...
  8. Internet connectivity problem in my windows 10 PC

Internet connectivity problem in my windows 10 PC: I have a windows 10 PC which was upgraded from windows 7. On resetting the PC recently, I am facing with connection problems. When I try to connect via wifi hotspot or usb teethering for the internet connectivity, I am able to surf the internet from the browser but the...
  9. Internet randomly dropping connection, on my PC only.

Internet randomly dropping connection, on my PC only.: All other devices on the network stay connected just fine so it is a problem with my PC in particular. So far I have tried updating the drivers for my network adaptor and disabling "Turn this off to lower power consumption" option within device manager. Neither of these...
  10. Internet works on non window store apps

Internet works on non window store apps: Internet seems to work on every thing that is not a windows store app for some reason it says im not connect to ethernet which i am ive tried everything i get a error when i try to buy or open window 10 store i get error message if you could help it would be a huge...