Windows 10: When will Windows get the time from the internet

Discus and support When will Windows get the time from the internet in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows reads the time from the system clock which might be wrong. Windows also updates the system time from the internet when I toggle the "automatic"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by H2ONaCl, Jul 7, 2018.

1. H2ONaCl Win User

When will Windows get the time from the internet

Windows reads the time from the system clock which might be wrong. Windows also updates the system time from the internet when I toggle the "automatic" option to OFF then to ON.

Otherwise, it might eventually get the time from the internet but it would not be soon enough.

Is there a way to get this to happen shortly after a reboot.

(Aside: The reason the system time is wrong is not because the RTC battery is dead but because Ubuntu and Windows seem to write to the system clock differently. This is not a problem for Ubuntu because Ubuntu will display the wrong time (interpret what Windows wrote in an Ubuntu-manner) but then consults the internet shortly after the user login. The displayed time is wrong only between boot up and login. Windows will read the Ubuntu-written time and do nothing about it for an unknown time even if the internet is available.)

:)

H2ONaCl, Jul 7, 2018
  2. mixa Win User

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

When will Windows get the time from the internet wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

mixa, Jul 7, 2018
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 7, 2018
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond When will Windows get the time from the internet :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jul 7, 2018
Thema:

1. When will Windows get the time from the internet - Similar Threads - internet

2. My PC has completely locked me out. I cannot get any internet whatsoever and the pin I used...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC has completely locked me out. I cannot get any internet whatsoever and the pin I used...: Hi everyone,My PC is having a problem. Last night it was working perfectly, but now all of a sudden I cannot log in at all. Not only that, the pin I used to get in is now incorrect, and I have no internet connection. I can’t get any internet, I only have the airplane mode...
  3. My PC has completely locked me out. I cannot get any internet whatsoever and the pin I used...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC has completely locked me out. I cannot get any internet whatsoever and the pin I used...: Hi everyone,My PC is having a problem. Last night it was working perfectly, but now all of a sudden I cannot log in at all. Not only that, the pin I used to get in is now incorrect, and I have no internet connection. I can’t get any internet, I only have the airplane mode...
  4. Normal internet, extremely slow upload and download speeds on laptop but not any other device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Normal internet, extremely slow upload and download speeds on laptop but not any other device: I was installing a game on steam when my download speed dropped from 46 Mbps to 2-4 Mbps. I have scanned for malware, restarted my router, and flushed the DNS. I have also updated my drivers. However, my phone, in the same room, has 200-300 Mbps download and upload speed, and...
  5. Normal internet, extremely slow upload and download speeds on laptop but not any other device

Normal internet, extremely slow upload and download speeds on laptop but not any other device: I was installing a game on steam when my download speed dropped from 46 Mbps to 2-4 Mbps. I have scanned for malware, restarted my router, and flushed the DNS. I have also updated my drivers. However, my phone, in the same room, has 200-300 Mbps download and upload speed, and...
  6. Internet Download Speed Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Download Speed Problem: Having a problem with download speeds, they are around .75KBS at moment, speed test is telling me my Network Internet Download Speed should be 12.5MS upload .80KBS my provider is tell me that there mite be a problem but they don't seem to be able to track down what's causing...
  7. Internet Download Speed Problem

Internet Download Speed Problem: Having a problem with download speeds, they are around .75KBS at moment, speed test is telling me my Network Internet Download Speed should be 12.5MS upload .80KBS my provider is tell me that there mite be a problem but they don't seem to be able to track down what's causing...
  8. Issue of "No audio output/input devices found"; no solutions on the internet works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue of "No audio output/input devices found"; no solutions on the internet works: I have updated several drivers suggested on the Dell Support site, including audio drivers. After these updates, no audio output/input device shows. Audio only works with AirPods. I have tried every possible "fix," and none are working.I discovered that the "Realtek Audio...
  9. Issue of "No audio output/input devices found"; no solutions on the internet works

Issue of "No audio output/input devices found"; no solutions on the internet works: I have updated several drivers suggested on the Dell Support site, including audio drivers. After these updates, no audio output/input device shows. Audio only works with AirPods. I have tried every possible "fix," and none are working.I discovered that the "Realtek Audio...
  10. What is the Difference Between IPV6 Local and IPV6 Internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the Difference Between IPV6 Local and IPV6 Internet: in the NetworkProfile logs of Event Viewer, I can see Event ID 10000 which show wifi connections and display their names; either "Identifying", my wifi's name, or "Unidentified network", which I've been told refers to the built in Wifi Adapter I use an Ethernet...