Windows 10: When Windows refuses to eject mass storage, Windows' own Remove Hardware tool cannot offer...

Discus and support When Windows refuses to eject mass storage, Windows' own Remove Hardware tool cannot offer... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi Everyone! If you had improved the Windows' own Remove Hardware tool in Windows 10 to offer to stop the program or even force it to stop when it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by a cooperator, Jul 11, 2018.

1. When Windows refuses to eject mass storage, Windows' own Remove Hardware tool cannot offer...

Hi Everyone!

If you had improved the Windows' own Remove Hardware tool in Windows 10 to offer to stop the program or even force it to stop when it can't safely remove the drive, then we wouldn't have used a third-party utility, such as USB Safely Remove, when it can't safely remove the drive, it tells you what program is causing the problem, and offers to stop the program or even force it to stop.

Why doesn't Windows' own tool offer this capability? I don't have an answer.

I really sometime had to restart my Windows, and then try to use Windows' own Remove Hardware tool to remove the device which was in use.

:)

a cooperator, Jul 11, 2018

2. Problem Ejecting UBS Mass Storage Device

Hi,

You may click this
    link
    and check the post of Ajay K on March 24, 2011 to resolve your problem in ejecting USB mass storage device.

Hope this helps.

Marilou Ser, Jul 11, 2018
  3. Mark Isi Win User
    Missing Eject in "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" List

Hi Tze Lin Wong,

The configuration to this can be found under settings. To enable this feature follow these steps:

• Right-click the taskbar and select Taskbar settings.
    • Under Notification Area, choose
      Select which icons appear on the taskbar.
    • Scroll to Windows Explorer: Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media
      and turn it on.

If this doesn't work, I suggest that you check with your USB drive manufacturer for new drivers or other updates.

All the best.

Mark Isi, Jul 11, 2018
  4. metaclay Win User

When Windows refuses to eject mass storage, Windows' own Remove Hardware tool cannot offer...

unable to eject usb mass storage

Most of the time , i fail to eject the usb mass storage. I have 6 wd external and after connecting any of these drives to windows 10 , i can't eject or safely remove them ... not all the time, but most of the time i can't. Even with no (visible) running
    application and i checked task manager also. What is it wrong with windows 10 ? i finally have to use third party app just to eject my external usb drive. Any solution i can get to deal with this problem ?

Moved from Windows / Apps on Windows 10 / Other Windows apps / Productivity

metaclay, Jul 11, 2018
Thema:

When Windows refuses to eject mass storage, Windows' own Remove Hardware tool cannot offer...

1. When Windows refuses to eject mass storage, Windows' own Remove Hardware tool cannot offer... - Similar Threads - refuses eject mass

2. Mass Storage Device Not Ejecting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mass Storage Device Not Ejecting: I don't know why this happens, but no matter what I do, nothing works this message always appears to pls help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mass-storage-device-not-ejecting/0a565c9e-c658-4d33-b561-2f4a84e3910a
  3. Problem Ejecting USB Mass Storage Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem Ejecting USB Mass Storage Device: I have been a Windows user for my whole life... starting sometime around 20 years ago I noticed that occasionally when connecting an external HDD with USB, Windows will refuse to safely eject the device even though there are no programs using it that I know of and no open...
  4. Windows cannot eject mass storage device on all ports 'solved' Windows 10 Pro

Windows cannot eject mass storage device on all ports 'solved' Windows 10 Pro: Hi guys Recently I couldn't understand why I was unable to eject my flash drives from any of my ports. Well....after extensive searching I found the solution to my stupidity. A while ago I was clicking around on my laptop due to boredom, well, I found my way into 1Settings...
  5. problem ejecting USB mass storage device

problem ejecting USB mass storage device: hi there: I received an error when trying to eject my portable drive. It states the error message in the screenshot. I can't find what program or programs/windows. How can I tell what is it? I don't have any thing opened and I still got the error message. It seems like I...
  6. cannot eject usb mass storage device

cannot eject usb mass storage device: Hi, I am using windows 10 in a dell desktop. I cannot eject usb mass storage device. With all programs closed I am told "this device is currently in use. Close any programs or windows that might be using the device. with everything closed this still comes up. How can I...
  7. Problem ejecting USB mass storage device

Problem ejecting USB mass storage device: Three USB devices were used to transfer files from one computer to another. Each was an open of file explorer then copy and paste into one drive. One drive and file explorer were each closed. How come the Problem Ejecting USB Mass Storage Device displayed this device is...
  8. Problem Ejecting USB Mass Storage Device

Problem Ejecting USB Mass Storage Device: It is getting to the point where every time I leave a USB device plugged into my computer for more than 5 minutes, when I try to eject it, I get the INCREDIBLY annoying message: “Problem Ejecting USB Mass Storage Device. This device is currently in use. Close any programs or...
  9. Probem Ejecting USB Mass storage Device ( Eject Hard Drive) WINDOWS 10

Probem Ejecting USB Mass storage Device ( Eject Hard Drive) WINDOWS 10: I want to eject USB storage device safely by command eject for it, i also check that device is not currently in use but i can't eject it safely [ATTACH] please suggest me about this issue...
  10. When Windows refuses to eject mass storage, Windows' own Remove Hardware tool cannot offer...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When Windows refuses to eject mass storage, Windows' own Remove Hardware tool cannot offer...: Hi Everyone! If you had improved the Windows' own Remove Hardware tool in Windows 10 to offer to stop the program or even force it to stop when it can't safely remove the drive, then we wouldn't have used a third-party utility, such as USB Safely Remove, when it can't...