Windows 10: When Windows refuses to eject mass storage, Windows' own Remove Hardware tool cannot offer...

Discus and support When Windows refuses to eject mass storage, Windows' own Remove Hardware tool cannot offer... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi Everyone! If you had improved the Windows' own Remove Hardware tool in Windows 10 to offer to stop the program or even force it to stop when it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by a cooperator, Jul 11, 2018.

1. a cooperator Win User

When Windows refuses to eject mass storage, Windows' own Remove Hardware tool cannot offer...

Hi Everyone!

If you had improved the Windows' own Remove Hardware tool in Windows 10 to offer to stop the program or even force it to stop when it can't safely remove the drive, then we wouldn't have used a third-party utility, such as USB Safely Remove, when it can't safely remove the drive, it tells you what program is causing the problem, and offers to stop the program or even force it to stop.

Why doesn't Windows' own tool offer this capability? I don't have an answer.

I really sometime had to restart my Windows, and then try to use Windows' own Remove Hardware tool to remove the device which was in use.

:)

a cooperator, Jul 11, 2018
  2. Marilou Ser Win User

Problem Ejecting UBS Mass Storage Device

Hi,

You may click this
    link
    and check the post of Ajay K on March 24, 2011 to resolve your problem in ejecting USB mass storage device.

Hope this helps.

Marilou Ser, Jul 11, 2018
  3. Mark Isi Win User
    Missing Eject in "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" List

Hi Tze Lin Wong,

The configuration to this can be found under settings. To enable this feature follow these steps:

• Right-click the taskbar and select Taskbar settings.
    • Under Notification Area, choose
      Select which icons appear on the taskbar.
    • Scroll to Windows Explorer: Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media
      and turn it on.

If this doesn't work, I suggest that you check with your USB drive manufacturer for new drivers or other updates.

All the best.

Mark Isi, Jul 11, 2018
  4. metaclay Win User

When Windows refuses to eject mass storage, Windows' own Remove Hardware tool cannot offer...

unable to eject usb mass storage

Most of the time , i fail to eject the usb mass storage. I have 6 wd external and after connecting any of these drives to windows 10 , i can't eject or safely remove them ... not all the time, but most of the time i can't. Even with no (visible) running
    application and i checked task manager also. What is it wrong with windows 10 ? i finally have to use third party app just to eject my external usb drive. Any solution i can get to deal with this problem ?

Moved from Windows / Apps on Windows 10 / Other Windows apps / Productivity

metaclay, Jul 11, 2018
Thema:

1. When Windows refuses to eject mass storage, Windows' own Remove Hardware tool cannot offer... - Similar Threads - refuses eject mass

2. Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media: Over the last several days, I have been installing and grooming Windows 10 and other programs on my PC. Suddenly and for no apparent reason the taskbar icon "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" disappeared. I typically have an external harddrive plugged in to a rear USB...
  3. USB mass storage error

USB mass storage error: After a recent Microsoft update my USB ports are not detected and I get an error message. When I troubleshoot I get this. How can I get it to my read my flash drives again?!...
  4. Probem Ejecting USB Mass storage Device ( Eject Hard Drive) WINDOWS 10

Probem Ejecting USB Mass storage Device ( Eject Hard Drive) WINDOWS 10: I want to eject USB storage device safely by command eject for it, i also check that device is not currently in use but i can't eject it safely [ATTACH] please suggest me about this issue...
  5. SD card slot 'ejected' when "Safely remove hardware and eject media " selected

SD card slot 'ejected' when "Safely remove hardware and eject media " selected: This question has been hanging around for at least 5 years, but as far as I can discover, there has never been a successful solution. Having migrated from Windows 7 (where everything worked) - to Windows 10, I now have this problem. My PC is an up-to-date quad-core CPU...
  6. Safely remove hardware tray icon refuses to eject USB media

Safely remove hardware tray icon refuses to eject USB media: I can no longer eject a USB key drive from my computer using the "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" tray icon. I don't know what version or patch level this started with, as I haven't used the tray icon since the last time I made recovery sticks. Yesterday, I made a...
  7. When Windows refuses to eject mass storage, Windows' own Remove Hardware tool cannot offer...

in Windows 10 Customization
    When Windows refuses to eject mass storage, Windows' own Remove Hardware tool cannot offer...: Hi Everyone! If you had improved the Windows' own Remove Hardware tool in Windows 10 to offer to stop the program or even force it to stop when it can't safely remove the drive, then we wouldn't have used a third-party utility, such as USB Safely Remove, when it can't...
  8. Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media icon Missing in Windows 10

Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media icon Missing in Windows 10: It's not hiding. It's gone. I tried right clicking on taskbar to get to properties and that's missing too. I used to have it. I think it was there last month. I also opened the open action center to make sure I wasn't on tablet mode, and I'm not. Can't seem to get there from...
  9. Accidentally ejected internal storage (Windows 10)

Accidentally ejected internal storage (Windows 10): I have ejected my internal hard drive by accident on Windows 10 (it came up in the list of removable devices). When I go to device manager the disk still shows up but in the properties panel it says unavailable as it needs to be disconnected and reconnected. Is there a...
  10. SSD shown in Safetly Remove Hardware and Eject Media

SSD shown in Safetly Remove Hardware and Eject Media: I have a problem with two of my SSD's showing up as removable and non internal. One has my operating system on it so I'm hesitant to remove that one, but the other one only has games on it so I can use that for testing purposes. Here's some of what I've tried based on...