Windows 10: When you scale DPI up, does it also scale games?

Discus and support When you scale DPI up, does it also scale games? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Does it upscale the text and everything in games as well? 81506 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by bobsagetfullhou, Apr 10, 2017.

1. When you scale DPI up, does it also scale games?

Does it upscale the text and everything in games as well?

:)

bobsagetfullhou, Apr 10, 2017
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Scaling issue or a resolution issue or a projection issue: My screen settings are off.

Also please note, you will have to sign out for the changes to take effecton some applications.

That Cube Viewer application does not look like it was written to handle Windows 10 DPI Scaling, since some parts of the Window are scaling and some are not - see if they have an updated version specifically written to handle DPI scaling!

DaveM121, Apr 10, 2017
  3. Windows Photo Viewer Disable DPI Scaling (Slideshow High DPI problem)

When viewing a slideshow (fullscreen) (F11) with Windows photo viewer at 150% DPI Scaling on a 4K monitor only part of the image is shown! The DPI scaling should be ignored when fullscreen. Anyone knows how to fix this bug??

The strange thing is that with PNG and JPG images Photo Viewer starts with DPI scaling.

However when opening a BMP photo viewer starts without DPI scaling and full screen slideshow works fine.

So a better question would be how to always start photo viewer without DPI scaling.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unfortunately it's a dll and compatibility settings are not available...

Christina Nancy Komninou, Apr 10, 2017
  4. When you scale DPI up, does it also scale games?

If I'm not mistaken, the answer here is generally yes. I have a high-DPI laptop monitor, some games look weird if you don't disable DPI scaling in the exe's right-click --> Properties. There used to be a very simple Registry edit fix in Windows 7 that would fix scaling/DPI/aspect ratio issues in most games, but this no longer works in 10. Are you using AMD, NVIDIA, or something else? Go check the control panel options for your video card to see if there are any options related to DPI/aspect ratio/etc.

AnonVendetta, Apr 11, 2017
  5. I have NVIDIA but didn't see any helpful settings in the control panel. Do you set "override high DPI scaling behavior" to application?

bobsagetfullhou, Apr 11, 2017
  6. No, I ticked the box "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings". This can be found in the context menu. Right click the exe, go to Properties, Compatibility tab, then tick the box, then click Apply then OK. Try running the game again, hopefully should be fixed.

AnonVendetta, Apr 11, 2017
  7. Are you on the anniversary update still? I think they changed the dpi wording for the creators update.

bobsagetfullhou, Apr 11, 2017
  8. When you scale DPI up, does it also scale games?

I do have the Anniversary updates. I last installed updates last night. I haven't installed the Creators Update, it's optional and I don't want it, judging by the # of people that are complaining. I'm running Windows 10 Enterprise. You probably have Home or Pro, but the options you're seeing should be the same as mine.

AnonVendetta, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

When you scale DPI up, does it also scale games?

1. When you scale DPI up, does it also scale games? - Similar Threads - scale DPI does

2. High-DPI-awareness scaling factors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    High-DPI-awareness scaling factors: Hello, all Whan I check the value of GetSystemMetricsSM_CXSCREEN on a high-DPI device with Widnows 10, I see that the ratio between virtual and physical pixels is exactly two: GetSystemMetricsSM_CXSCREEN == 2736; // high-DPI-aware GetSystemMetricsSM_CXSCREEN == 1368;...
  3. DPI Scaling Still Doesn't Work?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DPI Scaling Still Doesn't Work?: Made the terrible, terrible mistake of letting Dell send me a laptop with a 1920x1080 screen to replace one with a busted 1366x768 screen. I've been fucking with it all day and most things are mostly legible now, but there are some ghastly exceptions. Like the fucking File...
  4. Where's the option to Disable DPI Scaling?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where's the option to Disable DPI Scaling?: Recently bought a few games off steam and had some issues with the size of the windows, so after some reading, I found that the way to fix it is to disable dpi scaling. However, after multiple checks of the applications property menus, I have found that there is no such...
  5. Resolution & DPI scaling on 32inch monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Resolution & DPI scaling on 32inch monitor: I've got a 32inch monitor, using Windows10. I'm unable to reduce app size and content to less than 100% scaling. Apps are huge and take up lots of real estate on the screen but I am unable to make smaller. Windows 10 version does not let you adjust below 100% Unable to...
  6. DPI scaling fixed and cannot be altered

in Windows 10 Customization
    DPI scaling fixed and cannot be altered: Hi I am getting this when I try to change the DPI, I am curious cause originally it wasn't like this ( the scale and layout is fixed and cant be changed) but it happened after I played a game at fullscreen, namely epic battle fantasy 5. Could this be caused by a virus and can...
  7. DPI scaling on the second screen?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    DPI scaling on the second screen?: Windows 10 Anniversary... I can go to 150% scaling in PRIMARY and MIRROR but when I use only the secondary screen (it's a TV) the DPI scaling is disabled... why? 63249
  8. Multi monitor DPI scaling issue

Multi monitor DPI scaling issue: Hi, I've got a 4K monitor and a 1920x1200 monitor hooked up but the current "solution" for separate DPI scaling seems flawed. If I set the 4K monitor as my main display and set it to 200% scaling with the 1920 display set to 100% what seems to happen is that windows...
  9. Disable dpi scaling for high Dpi for programs doesn't work.

Disable dpi scaling for high Dpi for programs doesn't work.: Hi guys, i really hope that here someone can help me. I'm trying for 2 days to get windows 10 works corrrectly with dpi scaling but nothing. After installation everything is fine but after a while, and some programs installed, something goes wrong. I use rocketdock like dock...
  10. High DPI scaling

in Windows 10 Support
    High DPI scaling: Hey, I bought a 4k screen yesterday and I have this annoying issue with scaling. In 100% I can't see anything, so the solution is windows scaling. The issue is that a lot of programs doesn't work well with this method and makes the app almost unusable. Example:...