Windows 10: Where and how are Favorites synced

Discus and support Where and how are Favorites synced in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I am running Windows 10. My Favorites are different in Microsoft Edge than IE. In the past I did sync IE. I have never added any Favorites to Microsoft... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jbfoster, May 29, 2015.

1. jbfoster Win User

Where and how are Favorites synced

I am running Windows 10. My Favorites are different in Microsoft Edge than IE. In the past I did sync IE. I have never added any Favorites to Microsoft Edge.

How are the Favorites Synced ?
    Where is Edge getting the Favorites from vs where IE is getting the Favorites from?
    If I add a Favorite in IE will it show up in Edge ?

In Edge Favorites I have folders but the folders do not open.

Thanks
    Jim

:)

jbfoster, May 29, 2015

2. Where are the Edge Favorites Synced to when Sync Browser Settings is set to ON?

Where are the Edge Favorites Synced to when Sync Browser Settings is set to ON?

Francesca Woodman, May 29, 2015
  3. rayloke Win User
    Where are the Edge Favorites Synced to when Sync Browser Settings is set to ON?

...as yet to see the improvement from WINDOWS 7 .....

rayloke, May 29, 2015
  4. PhilSE1 Win User

Nobody has an answer to this? Phil

PhilSE1, Jun 23, 2015
Thema:

1. Where and how are Favorites synced - Similar Threads - Where are Favorites

2. Favorites reverting back to an old sync?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Favorites reverting back to an old sync?: submitted by /u/GiusMara [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m8dapr/favorites_reverting_back_to_an_old_sync/
  3. Sync Edge and Chrome Favorites

in Windows 10 Support
    Sync Edge and Chrome Favorites: I want to sync my favorites in Chrome and Edge. I used XMARKS to remove duplicates and sync between different browsers but cannot find an equivalent app since they went out of business. I have found some app that claim to sync just not Chrome and Edge. Any suggestions? 170911
  4. Stop Edge Favorites Syncing on Startup

in Browsers and Email
    Stop Edge Favorites Syncing on Startup: For some reason, despite having the Settings->Profiles->Sync->Favorites=Off my old favorites keep syncing every time my computer is restarted. Any help to stop this occurring would be appreciated. Win 10 Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.388) Edge Version 84.0.522.44 (Official...
  5. Syncing Edge favorites between computers

in Browsers and Email
    Syncing Edge favorites between computers: I recently did a clean install of 10 on an older deskstop that I resuscitated. Is there a secret to syncing favorites/reading list between desktop and laptop? I know forever when I would add one to my phone it would show up on my laptop, and vice versa. I have sync enabled on...
  6. Edge favorites sync

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge favorites sync: Edge favorites won't sync from pc to Android https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/edge-favorites-sync/e2d40dc9-7ea1-4625-b43d-ea9896d023bc
  7. where is my favorites

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    where is my favorites: where did my favorites go https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/where-is-my-favorites/e55dbf5b-6bf3-4d92-9154-c035c88cf73a
  8. sync favorites-IE11 in win 10

in Browsers and Email
    sync favorites-IE11 in win 10: hello i have an issue after(clean) reinstalling win 10.i use IE11 as a default browser(not edge) i noticed that all favorites i have recently added gone!!i can't sync favoritew in IE11 with win 10?also in IE11 the option ''import from another browser'' is disable.any help...
  9. get syncing of favorites to work

in Browsers and Email
    get syncing of favorites to work: Has anyone been able to get the advertised syncing of favorites to work? I have Edge on two pc's and one ultra-light, and a windows phone. All are set to sync but no favorites have synced as yet. Latest fall update has been running for a week on all computers and phone has...
  10. Where are Edge Favorites stored ?

in Browsers and Email
    Where are Edge Favorites stored ?: I was able to import them for ie to edge but I am not sure if there are stored on the hard drive or some place else. I liked in ie that you could edit favorites directly in the folder structured. I would like to edit edge so it uses the favorites folder instead of where it...