Windows 10: Where are all the startup screen pictures?

Discus and support Where are all the startup screen pictures? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I start my computer I picture briefly flashes on the screen and then windows starts: I want to know where all the pictures are stored since I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bha19, Nov 4, 2016.

1. bha19 Win User

Where are all the startup screen pictures?

When I start my computer I picture briefly flashes on the screen and then windows starts:
    I want to know where all the pictures are stored since I was able to find the folder that has the lock screen pictures (which I assume are the same) and rename them to .jpg to view them all but some of my start up pictures are not in there. Also Is there a list of where these pictures were taken?

:)

bha19, Nov 4, 2016

2. Where are the apps!??!!

[Off Topic]

As I told you on another post you are right but from my own developer experience those websites also let users posting comments without being able to explain them. I published one of my apps on one of the website you list, the application was banned after a
    user "warning" and other users comments that my application was dangerous and blabla without any proof or any tests......I tried to contact website owners/admins/moderators without success : my application was simply banned without telling me (I learned this
    by a friend trying to get it there!)... I which the marketplace to be "the place to be" because of validation stuff and potential users (every winmo 6.5 have the marketplace pre-installed).

So yes there are many non-microsoft websites providing freeware, shareware, ... but the applications are "to be tested" on your device and should get bad comments because no-one guarantee that your application is ok or not...

[/Off Topic]

Back to the topic of this post @andersgreen : you don't find more applications because of geographic rules on the marketplace, search this forum for "geographic discrimination" and you will have your answer Where are all the startup screen pictures? :eek:))

DarkAngel_FR, Nov 4, 2016
  3. Where are the apps!??!!

Cyberg00se is right of course. This is really the LAST place anyone with a Windows Mobile phone should come to for apps. Thanks for absolutely nothing Microsoft. I got an HTC Touch Pro 2 a couple of months ago. Awesome phone with great build quality. WinMo
    is a bit sluggish at times if I forget to close out other programs but not bad. However, Microsoft knows as well as anyone that the apps are what appeals to people who buy large touch screen phones yet what do they do ? Charge developers for hosting the programs
    and alienate the end user.....

I'll be switching to Andoid within a couple of months and buying a 500 dollar phone outright to do it....

Edison Starfire, Nov 4, 2016
  4. EdTittel Win User

EdTittel, Nov 5, 2016
  5. bha19 Win User
    Thanks for the link (Spotlight is free on APPSTORE), but I already have the default one saved as JPEG. My questions are:
    1) How come some of the pictures that display on lock screen are not in that folder? For example I sometimes get the picture of a bridge over a bay at night but it is not the folder with the other pictures.
    2) Is there a way to find out where the pictures were taken?

bha19, Nov 6, 2016
  6. mrgeek Win User
    "Is there a way to find out where the pictures were taken?"
    Good start point - open Google Images here - Google Images and drag thumbnail into the search box.

mrgeek, Nov 6, 2016
  7. bro67 Win User
    This is where those photos are stored. They kept certain Exif data in them as required by the copyright of the party that took those photos. First, you should know, themes installed (not default ones that comes with Windows 10) from Personalization gallery will be installed to : C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Themes.

Location of wallpaper and lock pictures: C:\Windows\Web If you right click on the folder and open properties, there should be copyright exif data. Exact location is sometimes to figure out with a few searches in Flickr and google image search.

Also if you hover over the image and you allow Cortona to connect with Bing, you should be able to use "Like what you see" to show you info on the picture.

bro67, Nov 6, 2016
  8. bha19 Win User

Thanks as that is exactly what I want to know. but do I have to be on the lock screen to do this.

bha19, Nov 7, 2016
  9. EdTittel Win User
    Thanks for the lookup info, bro67. Always nice to learn something new!
    Best,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Nov 7, 2016
  10. bro67 Win User
    Ed I had to do a bit of hunting. It took a couple of tries to find something about the pop-over when you "Look at".

bro67, Nov 7, 2016
  11. bro67 Win User
    I would not think so. You would need to have stuff enabled in System to make sure you can allow items to be available on the Lock Screen. There are programs out there to rip the image out of the Lock Screen and change to one that you want to use. There was three screens before. Lock, Login and Desktop. Now it should just be Login and desktop. You are supposed to be able to use same background on desktop on your login screen.

bro67, Nov 7, 2016
  12. Bree New Member
    You didn't mention the Spotlight lock images. These are to be found in:
    %localappdata%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState\Assets

They are named with a very long hex number with no extension. Copy then to another folder and rename them to add a .jpg extension (I haven't yet found one that isn't a jpeg). They don't appear to contain any Exif information.

13. bro67 Win User

Bree that I could not find anything on when I checked. Spotlights are the ones that not everyone always thinks that they are. I am sure that it would be easy to find info with some google image search the right way.

bro67, Nov 7, 2016
  14. Bree New Member
  15. bha19 Win User
    So when I right click on a picture and then file info nothing really comes up. I found a free EXIF reader and I tried it out and it gave information about some of the pictures but not many all. I also can't seem to get like what I see so I must be doing something wrong. Anyhow I was just curious so thanks for all your help.

bha19, Nov 7, 2016
Thema:

1. Where are all the startup screen pictures? - Similar Threads - Where are startup

2. Where all other option in advanced startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where all other option in advanced startup: I need command prompt where all other option there only startup settings I need help it serious https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-all-other-option-in-advanced-startup/48d5fae6-d749-41fb-9d7b-8de5daec45da
  3. Where all other option in advanced startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where all other option in advanced startup: I need command prompt where all other option there only startup settings I need help it serious https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-all-other-option-in-advanced-startup/48d5fae6-d749-41fb-9d7b-8de5daec45da
  4. startup picture

in Windows 10 Customization
    startup picture: Hi, The lock screen or startup picture on my PC has stayed on one picture for a couple of weeks. How do I fix that. The other devices don't have this problem. Thanks! William...
  5. Is there a page where you can find all of the Windows 10 lock screen pictures?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a page where you can find all of the Windows 10 lock screen pictures?: Everytime I turn on my PC I get a new background on my lock screen, some of those are really cool and I would like to save them. I know about this long way of finding the pictures, but the problem is they get deleted after a couple of days. Isn't there a website where you can...
  6. startup pictures

startup pictures: Some how I shut off the program that puts pictures on my screen when I start up. How do I turn it back on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/startup-pictures/e6410e91-3d98-4cbe-9ee2-e429e0ef7f68
  7. Screen pictures at startup

Screen pictures at startup: I am asking for a SIMPLE step by step way to delete some photos at start-up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-pictures-at-startup/d68e131e-afd2-4694-a1dc-28961a4864ba
  8. Microsoft Startup Screen Pictures

Microsoft Startup Screen Pictures: On several occasions, I have tried to click the "What is this?" button and must have inadvertently clicked that I don't like the picture. The picture has disappeared and it seems I have lost it forever. I guess I have also accidentally voted against a picture I really liked....
  9. No profile image in startup screen and pictures in lock screen.

No profile image in startup screen and pictures in lock screen.: These aren't very important problems, but I'm just curious why this happen after Anniversary Upgrade. - When I start my PC or when I shutdown/restart, in the log screen there isn't my profile image. Just the generic blank one. The image is still present when I click on...
  10. Where are the lock screen pictures located?

Where are the lock screen pictures located?: So I want to see all of the lockscreen pictures for Windows 10 but can't find them. Any ideas? 15427