Windows 10: Where are contacts in W-10 Mail app?

Discus and support Where are contacts in W-10 Mail app? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; As a longstanding WLM user recently switched to Thunderbird, I'm really trying to like the new Mail app as my permanent mail client. But I can't find... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by lbeck, Nov 15, 2015.

1. lbeck Win User

Where are contacts in W-10 Mail app?

As a longstanding WLM user recently switched to Thunderbird, I'm really trying to like the new Mail app as my permanent mail client. But I can't find contacts. Where are they?

Also, I want to export contacts to a database of some sort (CSV?) like I can do with Gmail so that I can organize and then import back to Mail App. If I can't find or export contacts then I'll need to stay with one of the vintage apps.

Any help or comments?

:)

lbeck, Nov 15, 2015

2. Where are the "Contacts" in Windows 10 Mail, they are not in "People".

Upgraded Windows 7, which used the now defunct Windows Live Mail, to Windows10 which uses "Mail". When I look in "People" for my contacts it is empty. but as I create an Email and start to enter the names of recipients I am prompted with names and addresses from
    my contacts list. So if my contacts are not in "People" where are they if I want to find them but not send an Email. ?

I have already contacted Microsoft Answer Desk Team ref SRX1358616204ID - but their suggestion of using the chain link symbol wasn't the answer.

Blencathra, Nov 15, 2015
  3. Allan Mej Win User
    Where are the "Contacts" in Windows 10 Mail, they are not in "People".

Hi,

The People app stores all your contact email addresses. By typing your contact's name or email address, the Mail app will automatically search all of your stored contact email addresses in the People app and show you a suggested list of matches.

If you want to see your saved contacts, you can find them at C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Comms\Unistore\data.

For further questions, feel free to post here in our community.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Nov 15, 2015
  4. tomseys Win User

tomseys, Nov 15, 2015
  5. lbeck Win User
    lbeck, Nov 15, 2015
  6. tomseys Win User
    No problem. If you have a microsoft account I think you can log in to that url and add contacts there and it will synch to people on all devices. If you do, you may notice that some contacts have info missing (on the website)- but it's actually there, you'll see it if you edit them. Just a future heads up if you do that.

Of course, you could just add contacts to the people app on your computer.

I first became aware of People with a windows phone and it was easier using the website then entering info into the people app on the phone. And I noticed the issue on the website. So just wanted to mention in case you do and see that.

tomseys, Nov 15, 2015
  7. lbeck Win User
    Thanks for the heads up. One of my objectives is to have my contacts synced with my windows mail app and iPhones that my wife and I have (also an iPad). I'm one of those people who is basically a Windows devotee for everything except my phones.

Google (Gmail) seems to navigate the two fairly well but I have problems with automatically syncing email and calendars. If you know right now that the mail app and "people" will not sync with iPhones then let me know now and I'll abandon my attempt at getting the two to communicate.

Thanks again for your followup

lbeck, Nov 15, 2015
  8. tomseys Win User

Hi Ibeck... I really don't know. Just from reading online I've seen that people are/were able to use Windows live Mail on apple devices a few years ago but I don't know about People/Windows 10 mail.

tomseys, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Where are contacts in W-10 Mail app? - Similar Threads - Where are contacts

2. List of contacts in Windows 10 mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    List of contacts in Windows 10 mail app: I can not find any way to get to a list of contacts in the mail app. I know it collects a list of all people who send me emails, because when I start to type a name in a new email, it automatically comes up with the complete name and address. How can I edit this list or add...
  3. List of contacts in Windows 10 mail app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    List of contacts in Windows 10 mail app: I can not find any way to get to a list of contacts in the mail app. I know it collects a list of all people who send me emails, because when I start to type a name in a new email, it automatically comes up with the complete name and address. How can I edit this list or add...
  4. Mail app contacts

Mail app contacts: Ok here goes. windows 10. I add a contact. When sending an e-mail to that person it comes back undeliverable. Then I realize I spelled it incorrectly. I go to that contact, click edit & correct & save the info. Now, when I forward an e-mail I click in the To: window, start...
  5. Windows mail app contacts problem

Windows mail app contacts problem: Contacts in windows people app not showing in mail app when composing the mail and typing in To field. Please tell the best possible solution of this problem as soon as possible....
  6. Windows Mail App Auto Contact

Windows Mail App Auto Contact: When I receive emails, the Windows Mail app automatically creates a contact for that company. The contact it creates is often incorrect. When I sent an email to myself the app created a contact about me, but the contact information was incorrect. So now when I send emails, it...
  7. Windows Mail App contacts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Mail App contacts: Dear Team, I am using windows mail app and when i given any reply to new contact it is automatically saving in contacts list. Means if i try to compose mail to the same contact it is showing that contact in list but in Peoples app that contact is not there. Please help me...
  8. Saving Mail App Contacts to People

Saving Mail App Contacts to People: How can I save a person as a Contact when I receive an email from them? Whenever I received an email, the person used to be automatically saved in Contacts/People. Not anymore. Tapping on the person's email info only opens a reply. The only way I can save a Contact is by...
  9. Import contacts to mail app

Import contacts to mail app: Hey, How can I import contacts from my ...mail.com email account into the mail app on the new microsoft surface laptop. I can only see support for Google accounts...
  10. Import contacts into Windows 10 mail app

Import contacts into Windows 10 mail app: I am trying to import my email contact list from Windows Live Mail to the Windows 10 mail app. It says to import contacts to the People app but that doesn't seem to work. I have the file on a SD card in the .csv format...any ideas? Thanks...