Windows 10: where are internet explorer favorites stored in windows 10?

Discus and support where are internet explorer favorites stored in windows 10? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; still using internet explorer at times, but my favorites are old, and I want to delete them all, and import my current ones from Cyberfox, but cant... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by wase4711, Sep 30, 2015.

1. wase4711 Win User

where are internet explorer favorites stored in windows 10?

still using internet explorer at times, but my favorites are old, and I want to delete them all, and import my current ones from Cyberfox, but cant find any info on where these are kept now..

thanks!

:)

wase4711, Sep 30, 2015
  2. GuruAid Win User

IE 11 has not got my favorites anymore. I found the file but I don't know where to put it so explorer can "see it".

To help you restore and import the internet explorer favorites from the backup location, Please follow the steps to check the favorite’s folder. You may check the default location where the ‘Favorites’ is stored is:

C:\Users\Username\ Favorites.

To find where favorites are located, we can run a search for *.url files.

OR you can do it by below given steps,

- In Internet Explorer, click Favorites, click the down-arrow next to Add to Favorites, and then click Import and Export.

- Click Import from a file, and then click Next.

- Click to select the Favorites check box, and then click Next.

- By default, Internet Explorer creates a Bookmark.htm file in your Documents folder.

- However, you can import favorites that are saved under another name.

- To do this, click Browse, select a file or type a location and file name, and then click Next.

- Select the folder where you want to put the imported bookmarks, and then click Import.

- Click Finish.

Hope this will help you.

GuruAid, Sep 30, 2015
  3. slance310 Win User
    Where are my favorites from internet explorer.

Hi,

Internet Explorer is still there... maybe just it's icon is missing...

You should be able to click on Start... All Apps...

It's in the Windows Accessories folder...

Your actual Favorites should be in C:\USERS\YOUR FOLDER\Favorites...

slance310, Sep 30, 2015
  4. JohnC Win User

Internet favorites are found in c:/Users/"Your name"/Favorites
    Where "your name" is your user account

JohnC, Sep 30, 2015
Thema:

1. where are internet explorer favorites stored in windows 10? - Similar Threads - where are internet

2. where do you store internet explorer 11

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    where do you store internet explorer 11: I want Internet Explorer browser to log into https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-do-you-store-internet-explorer-11/112b13cb-ce68-4d55-80d4-16a4f4712a24
  3. Problems with Internet Explorer 11 and "Favorites"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problems with Internet Explorer 11 and "Favorites": Just received a fairly new computer back from the shop where I had to have the SSHD reimaged with Windows10. The computer seems to have developed and issue with its "Favorites" file: 1) You can not easily arrange the contents of the file. 2) The "Favorites Bar" folder -...
  4. Where are Edge Favorites stored ?

in Browsers and Email
    Where are Edge Favorites stored ?: I was able to import them for ie to edge but I am not sure if there are stored on the hard drive or some place else. I liked in ie that you could edit favorites directly in the folder structured. I would like to edit edge so it uses the favorites folder instead of where it...
  5. Where is Edge Favorites stored again?

in Browsers and Email
    Where is Edge Favorites stored again?: I used to know this, but I don't remember anymore. 81515
  6. Where Does Edge Store Favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Where Does Edge Store Favorites: Where Does Edge Store Favorites. James 34442
  7. Import or Export Internet Explorer Favorites with HTM in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Import or Export Internet Explorer Favorites with HTM in Windows 10: How to: Import or Export Internet Explorer Favorites with HTM in Windows 10 How to Import or Export Internet Explorer Favorites with HTM file in Windows 10 [img] Information Keep track of the websites you visit frequently by storing them as favorites in Internet...
  8. Import Favorites from Internet Explorer to Firefox in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Import Favorites from Internet Explorer to Firefox in Windows 10: How to: Import Favorites from Internet Explorer to Firefox in Windows 10 How to Import Favorites from Internet Explorer to Firefox in Windows 10 [img] Information You can keep track of the websites you visit frequently by storing them as bookmarks in Firefox. The...
  9. Import Favorites from Internet Explorer to Chrome in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Import Favorites from Internet Explorer to Chrome in Windows 10: How to: Import Favorites from Internet Explorer to Chrome in Windows 10 How to Import Favorites from Internet Explorer to Chrome in Windows 10 [img] Information You can keep track of the websites you visit frequently by storing them as bookmarks in Chrome. The...
  10. Where are 'Favorites' and 'Recent places' in file explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where are 'Favorites' and 'Recent places' in file explorer?: Much as I like Windows 10 (despite an unnecessarily difficult installation), I'm horrified to find that they have apparently abandoned the 'Favorites' and 'Recent places' folders - which I used constantly and had grown to love. Are they hiding them somewhere? Is there a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. where are internet explorer favorites stored windows 10

2. where are internet explorer favorites stored

3. where are ie favorites stored

4. ie favorites stored windows 10,
  5. where are the favorites stored in the ie in windows 10,
  6. internet explorer favorits stores at,
  7. where to get internet explorer favorites store?,
  8. internet explorer 11 favorites location windows 10,
  9. where are bookmarks stored in ie,
  10. where are internet explorer favorites stored on windows 10,
  11. where is internet explorer favorites stored in windows 10,