Windows 10: Where are my disabled tasks located in Win 10?

Discus and support Where are my disabled tasks located in Win 10? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Guys, I just got a Win 10 computer, and I am in the process of starting to prep it for moving all my old files over from my XP computer (using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cottersay, Dec 31, 2015.

1. cottersay Win User

Where are my disabled tasks located in Win 10?

Guys, I just got a Win 10 computer, and I am in the process of starting to prep it for moving all my old files over from my XP computer (using PCmover).

One of the things PCmover told me to do was go into Win 10's Task Scheduler and disable the tasks under the Active Tasks tab, which I did.

But now I can't find those disabled tasks to enable them after I complete the PC-to-PC file move. They've disappeared completely. *Banghead Can anyone please tell me where to find those disabled tasks?

Thank you!

-Cotter

:)

cottersay, Dec 31, 2015
  2. Arul_D Win User

Hi Cotter,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Task scheduler in search box and press enter

• Under Actions

• Select Enable All Tasks History
    Reply us back with the status of this issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Dec 31, 2015
  3. Arvind Ram, Dec 31, 2015
  4. jds63 Win User

jds63, Dec 31, 2015
  5. cottersay Win User
    Yes, thank you, but I am very sure. Also, since there is only an 'Active Tasks' tab visible, I can understand why the tasks that I disabled disappeared, but I just don't know where they disappeared to...

cottersay, Dec 31, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Cotter, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

If you like, you can use the command below in an elevated command prompt to see the status of all your scheduled tasks. Check to see which ones show as "Disabled", then check to see what "Folder" they are in. The folder location is where you would look in Task Scheduler for them.

SCHTASKS /QUERY

Brink, Dec 31, 2015
  7. cottersay Win User
    Thank you Brink! I guess Microsoft likes to leave something imperfect in all their OS's. What a step back for such a simple operation.

Best Regards,

-Cotter

cottersay, Jan 1, 2016
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

You're most welcome Cotter. I'm glad it could help. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Where are my disabled tasks located in Win 10? - Similar Threads - Where are disabled

2. Win 10: where are pinned tiles in start menu located?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10: where are pinned tiles in start menu located?: With Win10 pro 21H2 I found that a pinned tile in start menu is broken no icon, though it works as a link. It is the Edge tile to be precise, and the broken icon occurred after a restore system. The rest is ok. Work done:The same broken icon of Edge was also in the taskbar....
  3. Win 10: where are pinned tiles in start menu located?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10: where are pinned tiles in start menu located?: With Win10 pro 21H2 I found that a pinned tile in start menu is broken no icon, though it works as a link. It is the Edge tile to be precise, and the broken icon occurred after a restore system. The rest is ok. Work done:The same broken icon of Edge was also in the taskbar....
  4. Win 10: where are pinned tiles in start menu located?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. win 11 where are images of screenshots location on my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win 11 where are images of screenshots location on my computer?: win 11 where are images of screenshots location on my computer? there are 50 plus pages of more questions similar to mine. after reading or just glancing the first page, none addressed my very specific question. if there are 50 pages of similar issues why in gods name doesn't...
  6. win 11 where are images of screenshots location on my computer?

win 11 where are images of screenshots location on my computer?: win 11 where are images of screenshots location on my computer? there are 50 plus pages of more questions similar to mine. after reading or just glancing the first page, none addressed my very specific question. if there are 50 pages of similar issues why in gods name doesn't...
  7. Where are my snip & sketch SS located/where is the clipboard located?

Where are my snip & sketch SS located/where is the clipboard located?: It says it was saved to the clipboard. Where then is access to the clipboard? i understand i can choose to save it yet again from this pop-up if i catch it on time, but why would i bother since it's already saved for me? tyia [ATTACH]...
  8. Where is the location of the Win 10 start menu files?

Where is the location of the Win 10 start menu files?: For whatever reason, even without updates, the start menu no longer works. I can't roll back to a previous version because there was no actual update. I do not have time to download, customize, and transfer all files to a new account (which is bizarre, seeing as how a start...
  9. Where is Help & Support center located in Win 10?

Where is Help & Support center located in Win 10?: I downloaded & installed Win 10. I managed to locate the Help & Support center I was used to in Win 7. Afterwards, I could not find it again. Cortana of course helps. But I would really like to open the old Help & Support center from time to time to search for special items...
  10. Where is Task View.exe located?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where is Task View.exe located?: I want to show the Task View button on my second monitor taskbar using DisplayFusion. 16782