Windows 10: Where are System Restore Points...

Discus and support Where are System Restore Points... in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; ...stored on my computer; the physical location (folder)? Thanks! 18352 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by kkorotev, Aug 21, 2015.

1. kkorotev Win User

Where are System Restore Points...

...stored on my computer; the physical location (folder)?
    Thanks!

:)

kkorotev, Aug 21, 2015
  2. Sara209 Win User

Where did my system restore points go?

Hi,

I restored it to an early version but it re-download the update and keeps telling me to restart my computer so that it can install. I want to restore to before it downloaded the update.

I already turned off auto updates but it was too late because the update already downloaded and now I'm stuck with it telling me that I need to restart to finish it and there's no way for me to revert back to an earlier version of windows again. So.....
    what do I do?

EDIT: If I let the stupid update install again then make sure the auto updates are completely turned off can I restore to an earlier version of Windows for a second time?

I really don't want this update.

Sara209, Aug 21, 2015
  3. Where did my system restore points go?

Hi Sara,

Since you are able to restore to an earlier version of Windows and just want to prevent Windows Fall Creators Update to install to your computer, kindly visit this
    thread and check the solution provided by
    Andre Da Costa. You can also check this link on how to use
    Disk cleanup
    in Windows 10.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Aug 21, 2015
  4. Berton Win User

As far as I know it's the same as in previous versions of Windows, System Volume Information. But it is intentionally difficult to get into and really no need for user access.

Berton, Aug 21, 2015
  5. System Reserved, I would really like to know what made you ask this question?

Windows10users, Aug 21, 2015
  6. kkorotev Win User
    "I would really like to know what made you ask this question?"

Curiosity. You can set the size of the restore files cumulative storage amount...but I couldn't find WHERE it was. Now I do. Thanks, Berton

kkorotev, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Where are System Restore Points... - Similar Threads - Where are System

2. System restore restore point

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System restore restore point: Hello,There is something wrong with my computer so I wanted to run system restore but all I see is one restore point when I go to the menu even when I click choose a different restore point. I am POSITIVE that I made more then one restore point .Can you please help me...
  3. System restore restore point

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System restore restore point: Hello,There is something wrong with my computer so I wanted to run system restore but all I see is one restore point when I go to the menu even when I click choose a different restore point. I am POSITIVE that I made more then one restore point .Can you please help me...
  4. System restore restore point

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Where are System Restore Points stored? How to view Restore Points in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 News
    Where are System Restore Points stored? How to view Restore Points in Windows 10?: System Restore Points contains the necessary information needed to restore your system to the chosen state. Restore points are automatically generated when you install a new app, driver, or Windows update, and generated when you create a restore point manually. In this post,...
  6. System Restore Point

System Restore Point: When I tried to use a restore to a system restore point. Windows asked for a password. I tried every password I knew, including local and microsoft account. I even tried to reintall windows and reset it. None worked, what can I do?...
  7. System Restore is on But No Restore Points

System Restore is on But No Restore Points: I've had System Restore on for drive c: for the last 3 days. I want in there today ad there are no restore points/ Is this by default?!? James...
  8. Where is the Restore Point located?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Where is the Restore Point located?: I have created a Restore Point that I titled Restore Point - Oct 2 2017 on my W10 system and would to know where I can find it / where it's located on my computer so that I can delete it when I create new Restore Points? Thank you Bob 94749
  9. System Restore points

System Restore points: I am helping my church with some of their computer problems. A couple of weeks ago, Windows 10 was automatically updated on their machines running Windows 7. This has caused a problem with one of their main applications that is used to track church business. While trying to...
  10. System restore points

System restore points: Restore points being deleted. Older restore points are being auto-deleted. And I'd like to keep them. I saved some restore points in October, but now they're gone, and the only ones left, are the ones I created in November. I've allowed 90 Gb of memory space for...