Windows 10: Where are the default Windows backgrounds saved?

Discus and support Where are the default Windows backgrounds saved? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I started changing my desktop backgrounds with my own images, but now, in "Settings", I no longer see the backgrounds that are included with Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bobjoe, Aug 16, 2015.

1. bobjoe Win User

Where are the default Windows backgrounds saved?

So I started changing my desktop backgrounds with my own images, but now, in "Settings", I no longer see the backgrounds that are included with Windows 10, like the blue Windows logo one. They don't show up in the 5 boxes.

This new "Settings" Personalisation page is terrible...

Where are they saved?

:)

bobjoe, Aug 16, 2015

2. Where are the Windows Phone 7.5 default pictures stored?

Actually that doesn't happen with me... i added 4 pictures to favorites and only those pictures cycle through the live tile and the picture hub background..

what you do is you select a few pictures and add them as favourites... it depends on the number of pictures you add.. try three or four.... after you do.. press shuffle background

The background will be set to one of the images in the favourites... normally the first one...

Exit the hub... Lock and Unlock ur phone... the images in the tile wud have changed and you will not get the system images...

HimanshuShirodkar, Aug 16, 2015
  3. Rose b Win User
    Where are the Windows Phone 7.5 default pictures stored?

I agree Michael - it is really annoying! I have tried adding more pictures to favourites, and only the first one I ever added appears on the tile....followed by the 'system' photos, which are truly awful!

Rose b, Aug 16, 2015
  4. Edwin New Member

C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper

Edwin, Aug 16, 2015
  5. bobjoe Win User
    Thanks... MS makes it a lot harder than it should be.

I wish they would give us back the old Control Panel already! With everything it had and controlled!

bobjoe, Aug 16, 2015
  6. Bazz Win User
    If you right click the start menu you will find the old control pannel.

7. bobjoe Win User
    Indeed, but the Personalisation settings from W8 and W7 are not there. The "Themes" I mean.

bobjoe, Aug 16, 2015
  8. Bazz Win User

Ahh yes indeed.

9. Edwin New Member
    Edwin, Aug 16, 2015
  10. topgundcp Win User
    Try this:
    Win+R->C:\Windows\System32\control.exe /name Microsoft.Personalization /page pageWallpaper

topgundcp, Aug 16, 2015
  11. bobjoe Win User
    Thank you.. Yes, those worked somewhat. The Personalisation screen in the Control Panel still doesn't show the 4 buttons on the bottom like it did on W8 or W7, but it's nice to have the normal settings back.

I wonder why MS didn't just give users a choice???

bobjoe, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Where are the default Windows backgrounds saved? - Similar Threads - Where are default

2. background setting default

in Windows 10 Gaming
    background setting default: background setting default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-setting-default/a2b579b3-6526-42a8-abd2-f468b21527b9
  3. Not saving background

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Not saving background: [ATTACH] Does anyone know why it won't save my background? submitted by /u/_leo____ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/12qf8gc/not_saving_background/
  4. Windows Default background (edited)

Windows Default background (edited): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Beneficial_Type_8421 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/pdv688/windows_default_background_edited/
  5. Windows 10 Default Backgrounds

Windows 10 Default Backgrounds: Hey, just wanted to ask if any of you guys have a google photos album or something like that with all the Windows 10 Default Background? I would be especially happy about the one with the green tent under the stars. I couldn’t find anything with a decent high resolution....
  6. Windows 10 Changing App default save location ("Change where new contant is saved")

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Changing App default save location ("Change where new contant is saved"): Hi all, So aside from Microsoft's support sucking and their support bot being as useless as a calculator for an chinese kid, I got the Xbox (Beta) app for PC for the Game Pass, I want to install games but for some dumb reason, you can't have your own custom...
  7. save as (default)_

in Windows 10 Customization
    save as (default)_: Hi Dear Sir... My respect I don't know what happen but since a while when I "SAVE AS" an image it became with extention: .jfif I was before .jpg How i make win10 return to that "save as" default : .jpg Many thanks...
  8. Saving background picture

in Windows 10 Customization
    Saving background picture: How can I save my background picture properly so that I will reappear again after machine restart? The posts shown in the community is very complicated. I don't understand...
  9. Where Does Win 10 Save Cam Shots By Default?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where Does Win 10 Save Cam Shots By Default?: Why does Win 10 have to make things so freakin' complicated? For YEARS it has saved all pics in the Pictures Library, why all of a sudden change that? And what did it change to? And WHY can't I find out where they're saved? And FINALLY, why doesn't the Win 10...
  10. Where are saved my preferences to switch background pictures desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Where are saved my preferences to switch background pictures desktop: Hello guys, actually I have actually formated my computer and realized all my old preferences to switch different pictures of background for desktop were saved somewhere but I don't really know where are they. It was saved preferences like switching each 10 minutes, it saved...