Windows 10: Where are Windows Store apps downloaded to?

Discus and support Where are Windows Store apps downloaded to? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Something very odd is happening. I tried to install a number of Windows Store apps ---- none of them would download, so I thought I would try again... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by clayto, Mar 30, 2016.

1. clayto Win User

Where are Windows Store apps downloaded to?

Something very odd is happening. I tried to install a number of Windows Store apps ---- none of them would download, so I thought I would try again later, it might be a temporary glitch. Then by pure chance I discovered a lot of files from these apps on an external USB drive, drive E, on which I only keep the ISO file from the re-install. They are all together in a folder called Windows apps. None of them will launch from there.

I know of no reason why they would be in E. I expect Store apps to be somewhere in drive C. Where should they be, and how did they manage to get downloaded to E?

:)

clayto, Mar 30, 2016

2. Where are the downloaded apps from the store located in Windows 10?

How to CHANGE the location of downloaded apps, even after they have been installed, please?

Reverend Eslam, Mar 30, 2016
  3. Where are the downloaded apps from the store located in Windows 10?

I would like to find them and be sure they are their.Also,where can I download Windows Server 2003 OS iso?

bfsgtnhtndrtnfytnfdn, Mar 30, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello clayto, *Smile

Store apps are installed to the hidden protected "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps" folder by default.

Brink, Mar 30, 2016
  5. clayto Win User
    Thanks, I will have a look in there. How on earth did the downloads from the Store getin to not only another folder but another drive? I did nothing to change the default download location.

clayto, Mar 30, 2016
  6. clayto Win User
    PS. I should have said, I am fairly familiar with that folder and should have remembered, as it was very much involved in my efforts to restore the apps which had been trashed by the November update bug.

clayto, Mar 30, 2016
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Mar 30, 2016
  8. clayto Win User

I have read the tutorial, Thanks.

When trying to move an app(s) from C to D (my main apps / programs drive) I get this unexpected response: "This drive has apps from another device. To use this drive, the other apps must be deleted. Do you wish to continue?" No is certainly the answer. What is the 'other device' referred to and why cannot apps be moved from C to D? I do not understand this at all.

clayto, Apr 3, 2016
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    It's saying that it can't change storage locations to install new apps on D since you already have apps installed on D without deleting the already installed apps on D first. *Sad

Brink, Apr 3, 2016
  10. clayto Win User
    Of course but why, since there are several GB of space free on D? So what is stopping it? It is after all a significant limitation apart from being unexplained.

clayto, Apr 3, 2016
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    It appears to be a limitation that won't let you change to that location again if apps were already installed on it unless you delete them first.

Brink, Apr 3, 2016
  12. davidhk Win User
    davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Where are Windows Store apps downloaded to? - Similar Threads - Where are Store

2. I can't change where Microsoft Store downloads apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I can't change where Microsoft Store downloads apps: I have been trying to download Forza Horizon 5 on my S: drive. I have gone to "Change where new content is saved" and changed where apps should go to. This didn't help, it still tried to download on the C: drive which I don't have enough space on. I don't know what the issue...
  3. I can't change where Microsoft Store downloads apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't change where Microsoft Store downloads apps: I have been trying to download Forza Horizon 5 on my S: drive. I have gone to "Change where new content is saved" and changed where apps should go to. This didn't help, it still tried to download on the C: drive which I don't have enough space on. I don't know what the issue...
  4. I can't change where Microsoft Store downloads apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Where is the downloaded update stored in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Where is the downloaded update stored in Windows 10?: I had downloaded Windows 11 but, suddenly the settings had closed and after opening it the update was restarted. I want the file of Windows 11 and if you can please tell me to how to manually install it. Android handles a update in a lot better way. Windows gave me the worst...
  6. where is windows adk download stored

in Windows 10 Support
    where is windows adk download stored: I downloaded 7.5 Gb of Windows ADK (in my opinion I downloaded it is to be verified) this is the link Windows ADK downloads 7.5 GB https://developer.microsoft.com/en-u...deployment-kit Here are a couple of screenshots I took while downloading it [img] [img] [img] the...
  7. Windows store will not download apps

Windows store will not download apps: Hi im having tons of trouble with windows after installing a new motherboard. Windows would not activate with my old key at all, so I bought a new one spent an hour last night on the phone with MS trying to activate my new product key and finally did. Problem today is I cant...
  8. Change where apps are stored

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change where apps are stored: Hey guys I have a few windows apps (specifically games) that I would like to move over to a new drive. I used to do this by either redownloading them and changing the download drive by clicking settings>system>storage>change where new content is saved. Later on I found out...
  9. Downloaded Microsoft Apps, Where Are They?

Downloaded Microsoft Apps, Where Are They?: I have downloaded some apps from the Microsoft Apps Store, I have been told I now own them, but How do I open them. There are no shortcuts/links to them. They are not listed in the start menu and I can see no obvious reference to them anywhere. Can someone please help me?...
  10. Not downloading apps in Windows Store

Not downloading apps in Windows Store: I wanted to get the adblock extension on Edge through the MS store but this appeared (see the picture below). And yes I tried logged in with a microsoft account too and the same thing appears. Honestly I don't know what to do. I tried clearing the cache and reseting the store...