Windows 10: Where are Windows TEN "restore files" saved/stored on Windows 10

Discus and support Where are Windows TEN "restore files" saved/stored on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Where are Win10 restore files stored on this system ? I just upgraded to Win10, and it seems to be working fine. thanks for any info... 18152 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by acmanten, Aug 20, 2015.

1. acmanten Win User

Where are Windows TEN "restore files" saved/stored on Windows 10

Where are Win10 restore files stored on this system ?

I just upgraded to Win10, and it seems to be working fine.

thanks for any info...

:)

acmanten, Aug 20, 2015

2. Proverbial question " where are the maps stored on the memory card "? ANSWER!!!

Hi xemaniac

Somewhere in Maps "settings" there is a slider where you can decide what percentage of memory card you will let it grab.

Yours is probably at 80% of 2GB which is 1.6GB

Until such as FExplorer is freely available without having to certificate it yourself, we'll probably have to wait to find it's structure.

Look for something similar to Private\20001f63\diskcache"

scoobyman---01, Aug 20, 2015
  3. xemaniac Win User
    Proverbial question " where are the maps stored on the memory card "? ANSWER!!!

I have been searching for them bt can not find them. What others me is that I have like 1GB of movies on my N95 and like 20MB of other stuff, on a 2GB Memory Card, and i says 1,6GB used.

I mean I have some maps on it, but according to the size of the maps on the "maploader" all my maps should b like only 100MB all in all...if that!

And if u delete all the maps not all space is freed, so, does ANYONE have an answer for this? Maybe nokia?!

And when I am at it: if I want to ask nokia to implement a function on the maploader, where should I turn to?

Wouldn't u guys want a function on the maploader to CHOSE what maps to delete instead of deleting them all?!
    Message Edited by on 03-Jun-200712:18 AM

xemaniac, Aug 20, 2015
  4. acmanten Win User

Is there an info file showing steps 1,2,3,4,etc what is suggested to be done, saved, and or backed-up right after a new Upgrade to Win 10 has been done.

Thanks for your comments..

acmanten, Aug 20, 2015
  5. acmanten Win User
    Are there any suggestions in a tutorial file for making a OSI file (with names of folders and file names) on DVD or USB which would be bootable in case of needed system recovery ?

I also have a valid/usable Nero 2015 on this desktop. Thanks,,,

acmanten, Aug 20, 2015
  6. acmanten Win User
    Does Microsoft have a Windows 10 backup program available to Windows 10 users....

*** that would have info and show/tell all the files/folders needed....- free or otherwise. ?

I just upgrade to Windows 10, and it seems to be working well. Thanks

acmanten, Aug 20, 2015
  7. The windows.old file is in the root of the system drive.

Cbarnhorst, Aug 20, 2015
  8. Where are Windows TEN "restore files" saved/stored on Windows 10

Show "all the files/folders needed" -- for what?

If your intention it to backup your Win10 install so that it could be restored later, that is not a file/folder backup; instead, that is an image backup -- and images off entire partitions, not just selective files and folders.

Mark Phelps, Aug 20, 2015
  9. There is not a single file or list of files that you would backup in order to do a full recovery. IF your intent is to have a backup that can be used to restore a working system, then what you need is a full image backup. And, in that case, my recommendation is using a third-party tool like Macrium Reflect.

Mark Phelps, Aug 20, 2015
  10. acmanten Win User
    I wonder if anyone knows the folder or area where Windows 10 restore files are maintained. ?

... not referring to anything else.... so where are they ?

Thnaks,.. Cliff M.

acmanten, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Where are Windows TEN "restore files" saved/stored on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Where are TEN

2. Where Does Windows 10 Store Restore Points?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Where Does Windows 10 Store Restore Points?: I'm using Windows 10.0.19042 on a Dell laptop. I needed to return to an earlier restore point this evening, but System Restore said there weren't any. It turns out that something, I don't know what, turned off System Protection for my C: drive, so Windows hasn't been saving...
  3. Where does Windows save or store Device Drivers?

in Windows 10 News
    Where does Windows save or store Device Drivers?: [ATTACH]All of us use different types of peripherals with our computers. A hardware device that we connect to a computer externally is referred to as a peripheral, like a keyboard, mouse, printer, etc. When you connect a peripheral to your computer for the first time, Windows...
  4. Where are System Restore Points stored? How to view Restore Points in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 News
    Where are System Restore Points stored? How to view Restore Points in Windows 10?: System Restore Points contains the necessary information needed to restore your system to the chosen state. Restore points are automatically generated when you install a new app, driver, or Windows update, and generated when you create a restore point manually. In this post,...
  5. Where are restore points saved - Win 10 Pro ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Where are restore points saved - Win 10 Pro ?: When creating restore points where are they located on the dik? Can I back them up to a removable drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-are-restore-points-saved-win-10-pro/a4a727bf-abd9-4491-82c8-8e755bad4ae7
  6. where are saved email addresses stored in Windows 10?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    where are saved email addresses stored in Windows 10?: Whenever I visit e.g. an on-line retailer and am asked to provide my email address, as soon as I enter a couple of characters, Windows brings up a list of email addresses from which I can select my latest one. The list contains many old email addresses of mine and my late...
  7. Created Restore Point where saved

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Created Restore Point where saved: Created a restore point but now unable to locate it in the computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/created-restore-point-where-saved/efe3081a-8cfa-44a9-973f-cf2b3350fc07
  8. Where is the "save" folder for Window Store games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is the "save" folder for Window Store games: My new machine shipped today, (!!!!!YAY!!!!!!), and should be here soon. My question : is there a folder/file I can save to a flash drive that will save my progress in a game? I've played this one silly little Tower defense game ,BTD5, for years now. First online then I...
  9. System Restore Windows ten

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore Windows ten: Could you tell me how to do a system restore please, where to start??*Smile 103115
  10. System Protection - Restore files. Where are they stored in Win 10 ?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Protection - Restore files. Where are they stored in Win 10 ?: Maybe someone knows where the System Restore files are stored on Windows 10 ? If so, please tell us or please post any info about subject. Thanks for your time...., Cliff M. 20841

Users found this page by searching for:

1. where is windows restore files saved in windows 10