Windows 10: Where can I find the list of file names shown under QuickAccess

Discus and support Where can I find the list of file names shown under QuickAccess in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have found a couple of scripts for the registry that supposedly can control How Many files can be shown in the Quick Access space at once with a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by questorfla, Aug 27, 2018.

1. questorfla Win User

Where can I find the list of file names shown under QuickAccess

I have found a couple of scripts for the registry that supposedly can control How Many files can be shown in the Quick Access space at once with a limit of close to 60. Normal display is more like 15. This has led me to hope that there might be a location where these names are pulled from. I am hoping to be able to see a list of all items that were shown in the Quick Access list for the past few days. The longer the better.

These will be files that are not on the system in use, but were touched by it in some manner. Such as files that were in a network drive that were renamed or relocated to another place.

I Only need the names showing path. I do not need to find the file or any other info about them in this way.
    I am currently working from ScreenShot printouts of the Quick Access lists as shown on some of the systems that worked on the files.

The short story is that we THINK we are missing some files from a server but as no one has a list of what files are supposed to be there at all. So I have no way to know if a file is really missing or was just never added.
    I have already done all the usual file recovery etc. This is more a way to prove what certain people added.
    If it shows in their quick access as being in a folder on the server but is no longer there then we have a problem. I will ask another question in a separate poston that as i do have one possible cause

*Sad

:)

questorfla, Aug 27, 2018
  2. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Aug 27, 2018
  3. dark2099 Win User
    Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

I want to be able to generate a .txt file that lists all the files and folders in a specific folder on my PC, but don't know the name of any programs that do that. Searched on google a bit and came up with this guide, but it's for XP and I can't seem to find some of the folder options to modify the .bat file. Any suggestions? Thanks

http://www.theeldergeek.com/file_list_generator.htm

EDIT: The .bat file will do what I want if it is in the folder I want to do it in, but the option I want to add is having the right click option that it shows.

dark2099, Aug 27, 2018
  4. morphingstar Win User

win10 usb-memory: listed file shown is not found

win10 usb-memory: listed file shown is not found

morphingstar, Aug 27, 2018
Thema:

1. Where can I find the list of file names shown under QuickAccess - Similar Threads - Where find list

2. What is a WEP key and where can I find it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is a WEP key and where can I find it?: I printed something... and next to WEP Key Length is printer 'inactive'. I tried to enter that but it said it was not correct. At another point it asked for a WPS number which I couldn't find either; but, now I don't even know where that was. I am trying to connect a Canon...
  3. where can I find an audio output device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    where can I find an audio output device: I have no sound on my HP laptop running Windows 10. I clicked on the carrot on the bottom of the screen and was advised that no audio output device is installed. How do I correct this issue? Please help! Thanks!...
  4. where can i find properties in a notepad please

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    where can i find properties in a notepad please: dewqeww2eweqwewwqeeqweq https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_cal/where-can-i-find-properties-in-a-notepad-please/2fcad450-9154-4978-92e5-4105cc5faca1
  5. where can i find my network bandwidth

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    where can i find my network bandwidth: where can i find my network bandwidth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/where-can-i-find-my-network-bandwidth/11b314a5-a75c-481c-ae0d-4cae293f2eec
  6. Where can I find unsaved files after Windows restart?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Where can I find unsaved files after Windows restart?: I was working all day (13 hours) mainly using notepad, and left the computer a few moments to get something to eat. When I came back, the PC had entered sleep mode, and when hitting a key the PC blue screened with the message "Restarting...", and then it used an hour or two...
  7. Where can I get the wallpapers that are shown at login screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Where can I get the wallpapers that are shown at login screen?: After Creator's Update, Windows 10 shows these new set of pictures along with some fun facts. Where can I get these images as wallpapers without the text? [img] 88509
  8. Where do I find a list of user accounts for my computer?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Where do I find a list of user accounts for my computer?: Dear @ausgumbie: if, as appears to be the case, the recommended solution worked for you, please mark this thread solved by clicking the green button at the top right of the window for this thread: [img] That way, other visitors to TenForums will know that your question...
  9. Where can I find the Windows Product Key?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Where can I find the Windows Product Key?: Where can I find the Windows Product Key in the computer? 65722
  10. Where can I find the Windows 10 upgrade file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Where can I find the Windows 10 upgrade file: I's like to run the upgrade on multiple PC's without downloading each time. Is the upgrade file available anywhere. Windows 10 deletes the "GetWindows10-sds.exe " file after it performs the upgrade so I cannot save it 31898