Windows 10: Where can I find the list of file names shown under QuickAccess

Discus and support Where can I find the list of file names shown under QuickAccess in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have found a couple of scripts for the registry that supposedly can control How Many files can be shown in the Quick Access space at once with a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by questorfla, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Where can I find the list of file names shown under QuickAccess

I have found a couple of scripts for the registry that supposedly can control How Many files can be shown in the Quick Access space at once with a limit of close to 60. Normal display is more like 15. This has led me to hope that there might be a location where these names are pulled from. I am hoping to be able to see a list of all items that were shown in the Quick Access list for the past few days. The longer the better.

These will be files that are not on the system in use, but were touched by it in some manner. Such as files that were in a network drive that were renamed or relocated to another place.

I Only need the names showing path. I do not need to find the file or any other info about them in this way.
    I am currently working from ScreenShot printouts of the Quick Access lists as shown on some of the systems that worked on the files.

The short story is that we THINK we are missing some files from a server but as no one has a list of what files are supposed to be there at all. So I have no way to know if a file is really missing or was just never added.
    I have already done all the usual file recovery etc. This is more a way to prove what certain people added.
    If it shows in their quick access as being in a folder on the server but is no longer there then we have a problem. I will ask another question in a separate poston that as i do have one possible cause

*Sad

:)

questorfla, Aug 27, 2018
  2. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Aug 27, 2018
  3. dark2099 Win User
    Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

I want to be able to generate a .txt file that lists all the files and folders in a specific folder on my PC, but don't know the name of any programs that do that. Searched on google a bit and came up with this guide, but it's for XP and I can't seem to find some of the folder options to modify the .bat file. Any suggestions? Thanks

http://www.theeldergeek.com/file_list_generator.htm

EDIT: The .bat file will do what I want if it is in the folder I want to do it in, but the option I want to add is having the right click option that it shows.

dark2099, Aug 27, 2018
  4. Where can I find the list of file names shown under QuickAccess

win10 usb-memory: listed file shown is not found

win10 usb-memory: listed file shown is not found

morphingstar, Aug 27, 2018
Thema:

Where can I find the list of file names shown under QuickAccess

1. Where can I find the list of file names shown under QuickAccess - Similar Threads - Where find list

2. Where can I find my IM name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where can I find my IM name: where can I find my IM name * Moved from Community Participation Center* Original title: IM name https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-can-i-find-my-im-name/243a485f-6aa3-453a-b605-cbfff15a86ec
  3. Where can I find my IM name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where can I find my IM name: where can I find my IM name * Moved from Community Participation Center* Original title: IM name https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-can-i-find-my-im-name/243a485f-6aa3-453a-b605-cbfff15a86ec
  4. Programs not shown under Win/Progs but listed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs not shown under Win/Progs but listed?: I am thinking in due course not too soon to take my PC up from Windows 10 to Windows 11. So I am doing preparation work. So I wanted to find out all the apps/Progs using PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Get-ItemProperty...
  5. Programs not shown under Win/Progs but listed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs not shown under Win/Progs but listed?: I am thinking in due course not too soon to take my PC up from Windows 10 to Windows 11. So I am doing preparation work. So I wanted to find out all the apps/Progs using PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Get-ItemProperty...
  6. Programs not shown under Win/Progs but listed?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Where can I find a list of 'protocols'?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Where can I find a list of 'protocols'?: I've just posted an almost identical version of this to the Excel forum, but I then realised it's probably more appropriate here. I'm trying to disable the unwanted warning message when trying to open hyperlinks in Excel 365. I'm following these instructions....
  8. Where can I find windows 10 for under 100$?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where can I find windows 10 for under 100$?: Anyone know where I can get the full version of windows 10 without having to shell out a hundred bucks? Thanks submitted by /u/yyyashiro [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lapj95/where_can_i_find_windows_10_for_under_100/
  9. Where can I find the list of connected Bluetooth devices?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Where can I find the list of connected Bluetooth devices?: I am unable to find my connected bluetooth devices in Windows 10. I am currently connected to 2 devices but I see nothing under bluetooth settings [ATTACH] I was trying to troubleshoot windows failing to connect to my headphones (again) after connecting it to my phone...
  10. Where can i find a wifi code listed?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where can i find a wifi code listed?: I forgot it ands its for my phone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-can-i-find-a-wifi-code-listed/9868022a-07ce-4309-9998-47249a078b45