Windows 10: Where can I find unsaved files after Windows restart?

Discus and support Where can I find unsaved files after Windows restart? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was working all day (13 hours) mainly using notepad, and left the computer a few moments to get something to eat. When I came back, the PC had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Hersom, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Hersom Win User

Where can I find unsaved files after Windows restart?

I was working all day (13 hours) mainly using notepad, and left the computer a few moments to get something to eat.

When I came back, the PC had entered sleep mode, and when hitting a key the PC blue screened with the message "Restarting...", and then it used an hour or two for installing updates. ("Don't turn the computer off")

Now, I have thoroughly searched Documents and C:\Users\[username]\AppData\ including subfolders, but no relevant temporary files was found.

Please don't tell me to change "update settings". I have done this a billion times, and every time it goes back to notification off and 8:00 - 17:00.

(Exactly this scenario has happened many times before)

:)

Hersom, Jul 17, 2018

2. How can I recover files lost on automatic Restart

Hi,

We'd like to elaborate on the information provided by Gil deG
    about an option to recover your Word document. There is an option for you to check the unsaved file that you have lost. If you are using Office 2013 or later version, follow the steps below:

• Open Word app and click on File menu.
    • Click Info and Manage Versions then click
      Recover Unsaved Documents
    • From there, you can look for the unsaved files.
    Feel free to respond for additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Jul 17, 2018
  3. little cat, Jul 17, 2018
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Where can I find unsaved files after Windows restart? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jul 17, 2018
Thema:

1. Where can I find unsaved files after Windows restart? - Similar Threads - Where find unsaved

2. Unsaved Notepad files disappear after Windows 11 restarted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unsaved Notepad files disappear after Windows 11 restarted: Hi all,I need help here please. I have been working on a project with lots of jottings kept on two separate notepads. This afternoon, I just finished a project review session and I needed to pick my kids up from school.I dashed of the house because I was already late. I...
  3. Unsaved Notepad files disappear after Windows 11 restarted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unsaved Notepad files disappear after Windows 11 restarted: Hi all,I need help here please. I have been working on a project with lots of jottings kept on two separate notepads. This afternoon, I just finished a project review session and I needed to pick my kids up from school.I dashed of the house because I was already late. I...
  4. Where can I find the icon for text files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where can I find the icon for text files: I'm trying to figure out where the icon for text files are but I cant seem to find them, I'm not sure where abouts the icons are stored https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-can-i-find-the-icon-for-text-files/709928ea-9053-47eb-b2db-d5dc09f75c45
  5. Where can I find the icon for text files

Where can I find the icon for text files: I'm trying to figure out where the icon for text files are but I cant seem to find them, I'm not sure where abouts the icons are stored https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-can-i-find-the-icon-for-text-files/709928ea-9053-47eb-b2db-d5dc09f75c45
  6. WHERE CAN i FIND SAVED FILES?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WHERE CAN i FIND SAVED FILES?: i HAVE MY OLD COMPUTER WITH wINDOWS 8.1 AND MY NEW COMPUTER WITH WINDOWS 10. i HAVE SAVED MANNY E MAILS ON BOTH COMPUER BUT WHERE OR HOW CAN i FIND THEM ON BOTH COMPUTERS?...
  7. WHERE CAN i FIND SAVED FILES?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHERE CAN i FIND SAVED FILES?: i HAVE MY OLD COMPUTER WITH wINDOWS 8.1 AND MY NEW COMPUTER WITH WINDOWS 10. i HAVE SAVED MANNY E MAILS ON BOTH COMPUER BUT WHERE OR HOW CAN i FIND THEM ON BOTH COMPUTERS?...
  8. WHERE CAN i FIND SAVED FILES?

9. Where can I find Windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where can I find Windows: I've heard so many things like I can buy it from eBay or that any activation keys that don't come from Microsoft are illeagal. But Windows on Microsoft's sight is soo expensive, does any one know a place where I can Find a Cheap Legal Windows key? submitted by...
  10. Where can I find the Windows 10 upgrade file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Where can I find the Windows 10 upgrade file: I's like to run the upgrade on multiple PC's without downloading each time. Is the upgrade file available anywhere. Windows 10 deletes the "GetWindows10-sds.exe " file after it performs the upgrade so I cannot save it 31898

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do i find unsaved spreadsheet after automatic system restarrt

2. how to recover unsaved file after restart

3. recover unsaved word document after restart

4. where will the unsaved files be in windows 10 after an accidental restart