Windows 10: Where did "From the Web" option go?

Discus and support Where did "From the Web" option go? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; We've installed Win 1709 and MS Photos on all of our devices but some of them have the option to add Photos and Videos "From the Web" and some of our... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AppGuy, Aug 10, 2018.

1. AppGuy Win User

Where did "From the Web" option go?

We've installed Win 1709 and MS Photos on all of our devices but some of them have the option to add Photos and Videos "From the Web" and some of our devices don't have that option. Why is there a difference and how do I make them all have the option to add "From the Web"?

Where did "From the Web" option go? 4010c1ad-9447-403b-a42b-4d3358608933?upload=true.png Where did "From the Web" option go? ab032723-eb80-4965-9ef5-7e62cd6333bd?upload=true.png

:)

AppGuy, Aug 10, 2018
  2. Polarman Win User

Looking for a particular web site ?

I remember seeing this here but i can't find it using the search thingy.

A guy posted a web site that had a comprensive list of all Windows update 32&64. I used to have it in my favorites before i formatted my HD.

Does someone know it?

They suggested a sticky for it but they never did.

Polarman, Aug 10, 2018
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Aug 10, 2018
  4. Where did "From the Web" option go?

Disable Web Search Results in Windows 10 Start Menu

Hi Taira,

Disabling web results in the search box depends on the version and build of your Windows 10. We suggest checking the Windows 10 version and build installed on your computer. To check the version and build, follow the steps below:

• On Cortana search, type winver and press
      Enter
    • A pop-up box will appear containing the version and build of your operating system.

Meanwhile, you can try these steps on how to disable web results in the search box:

• Click the search box in the taskbar.
    • Select the Notebook icon
      Where did "From the Web" option go? a0c1fa7c-1198-4621-a19b-ece827a34a33.png

in the left pane.
    • Click Settings from the list.
    • In the Settings page, turn off the Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more option.
    • Also, turn off the Search online and include web results option.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

Gerard Qui, Aug 10, 2018
Thema:

Where did "From the Web" option go?

1. Where did "From the Web" option go? - Similar Threads - Where did Web

2. Where did my power options go?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where did my power options go?: I updated my laptop about a week ago to the most recent Windows 11 update and ever since I have gotten the "Task Manager has been disabled by your administrator" message as well as "There are currently no power options available". The only way for me to turn my computer on...
  3. Where did my power options go?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where did my power options go?: I updated my laptop about a week ago to the most recent Windows 11 update and ever since I have gotten the "Task Manager has been disabled by your administrator" message as well as "There are currently no power options available". The only way for me to turn my computer on...
  4. Where did the file go?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where did the file go?: I've given up on trying to get OneDrive to work again. Someone from Microsoft told me to uninstall OneDrive. Now, when i click on that folder at the bottom of the screen, there is no OneDrive file, and the biggest file of all, one that is very important to me, is missing. It...
  5. Where did the file go?

Where did the file go?: I've given up on trying to get OneDrive to work again. Someone from Microsoft told me to uninstall OneDrive. Now, when i click on that folder at the bottom of the screen, there is no OneDrive file, and the biggest file of all, one that is very important to me, is missing. It...
  6. Where did that program go?

Where did that program go?: Hello I've just discovered that all the password entried in my password program, BOX has vanished and I cant find them anywhere. The program is there yesterday. I have started using Blackmagic Davinci Resolve 17 Studio Beta 9 and that crashed yesterday but is back up without...
  7. Where did that program go?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where did that program go?: Hello I've just discovered that all the password entried in my password program, BOX has vanished and I cant find them anywhere. The program is there yesterday. I have started using Blackmagic Davinci Resolve 17 Studio Beta 9 and that crashed yesterday but is back up without...
  8. Where did the option to change a Folder Icon go?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where did the option to change a Folder Icon go?: It used to be that you could right-click on an Icon, click Properties>Customize>Change Icon and select a new icon image for a given folder. That option no longer appears under the Customize sub-menu for some Folder, but it does for others. What's up with that and how do I...
  9. where did mrt go

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    where did mrt go: I usually type mrt into the white bar and it opens up, not any more, also the big box that came up over white box is now empty, is there another way to bring up mrt, latest update done a few days ago - - - Updated - - - found start run, that works, I still don't know why my...
  10. Where did the shape of native option go ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Where did the shape of native option go ?: In previous version of Windows, I had the ability to change shape of native digits, but in update 1903, that option has gone, as well as when to the option to set when to use the native digits. I was able to change the native digits, but required me to make modification in...