Where did "From the Web" option go?

Discus and support Where did "From the Web" option go? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; We've installed Win 1709 and MS Photos on all of our devices but some of them have the option to add Photos and Videos "From the Web" and some of our... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AppGuy, Aug 10, 2018 at 1:32 PM.

1. AppGuy Win User

We've installed Win 1709 and MS Photos on all of our devices but some of them have the option to add Photos and Videos "From the Web" and some of our devices don't have that option. Why is there a difference and how do I make them all have the option to add "From the Web"?

Where did "From the Web" option go? 4010c1ad-9447-403b-a42b-4d3358608933?upload=true.png Where did "From the Web" option go? ab032723-eb80-4965-9ef5-7e62cd6333bd?upload=true.png

:)

2. Polarman Win User

Looking for a particular web site ?

I remember seeing this here but i can't find it using the search thingy.

A guy posted a web site that had a comprensive list of all Windows update 32&64. I used to have it in my favorites before i formatted my HD.

Does someone know it?

They suggested a sticky for it but they never did.

3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

4. Gerard Qui Win User

Disable Web Search Results in Windows 10 Start Menu

Hi Taira,

Disabling web results in the search box depends on the version and build of your Windows 10. We suggest checking the Windows 10 version and build installed on your computer. To check the version and build, follow the steps below:

• On Cortana search, type winver and press
      Enter
    • A pop-up box will appear containing the version and build of your operating system.

Meanwhile, you can try these steps on how to disable web results in the search box:

• Click the search box in the taskbar.
    • Select the Notebook icon
      Where did "From the Web" option go? a0c1fa7c-1198-4621-a19b-ece827a34a33.png

in the left pane.
    • Click Settings from the list.
    • In the Settings page, turn off the Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more option.
    • Also, turn off the Search online and include web results option.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

Thema:

1. Where did "From the Web" option go? - Similar Threads - Where did Web

2. How do I remove the "Quick Access Toolbar" from Windows File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I remove the "Quick Access Toolbar" from Windows File Explorer?: Let me be clear, I'm asking about the Quick Access TOOLBAR. I am not asking about how to change the Quick Access page. I am not asking about how to remove items or add items or customize items in the Quick Access TOOLBAR. I'm asking how to remove it. I can remove all the...
  3. How do i move apps and games to data from this pc

How do i move apps and games to data from this pc: I don't have enough space in the this pc drive but I have enough in the "data" drive how do I move it??????????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-do-i-move-apps-and-games-to-data-from-this-pc/249f9b4c-b4f4-4a86-a647-53c39176b67e
  4. Problems with Windows10 Photos App: 1) all pictures go to 1 file instead of files indexed...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with Windows10 Photos App: 1) all pictures go to 1 file instead of files indexed...: I try to import photos from my iphone 8 to my Dell laptop with Windows10, both running with up to date versions of their software. I connect iphone to the PC with a USB cable. Photos app came with the laptop. I read most of the answers from the community but they didn't solve...
  5. Web pages will not load on Edge or Chrome

Web pages will not load on Edge or Chrome: I have just purchased a new Computer and installed Windows 10/64 Pro on brand new m.2 drive never used before, I updated windows to the current Windows Ver 1803 build 17134.228 and from then on I cannot load any pages on Edge or Chrome. I am Computer literate and have done...
  6. I just purchased a Surface Go. It has a slot for a micro SD card and I have inserted one....

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I just purchased a Surface Go. It has a slot for a micro SD card and I have inserted one....: I just purchased a Surface Go. It has a slot for a micro SD card and I have inserted one. But when I try to add the card to the History Backup Files, I get an error. Is there something in Windows that does not allow backing up of the SD card or folders on that card?...
  7. software communication error when i try to print from my wireless printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    software communication error when i try to print from my wireless printer: i think i connected my wireless bluetooth computer to my laptop but when i tried to print i get a software communication error and nothing prints...
  8. Halfway this evening Windows Photos lost the export to Instagram option. Why?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Halfway this evening Windows Photos lost the export to Instagram option. Why?: Earlier this evening I shared some of my photos from Windows Photos to Instagram through the share --> instagram option. Now that's gone. It turns out to be impossible to access the Windows Photos app library from the Instagram app, so the other route does not work either. It...
  9. No pinch zoom option. Help!!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No pinch zoom option. Help!!: I am utterly disgusted with this computer. I can't figure out how to stop it from zooming in and out. It also keeps jumping from page to page. I've watched a few videos online, but I don't seem to have the option they keep suggesting (pinch zoom). Please help! Seriously...
  10. Cannot remove old account from login screen

Cannot remove old account from login screen: When I turn on my computer I get the old user ID and have to click on new user ID on bottom left portion of screen to sign in with new user ID. How do I remove the old user ID from login screen?...