Windows 10: Where did "From the Web" option go?

Discus and support Where did "From the Web" option go? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; We've installed Win 1709 and MS Photos on all of our devices but some of them have the option to add Photos and Videos "From the Web" and some of our... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AppGuy, Aug 10, 2018.

1. AppGuy Win User

Where did "From the Web" option go?

We've installed Win 1709 and MS Photos on all of our devices but some of them have the option to add Photos and Videos "From the Web" and some of our devices don't have that option. Why is there a difference and how do I make them all have the option to add "From the Web"?

Where did "From the Web" option go? 4010c1ad-9447-403b-a42b-4d3358608933?upload=true.png Where did "From the Web" option go? ab032723-eb80-4965-9ef5-7e62cd6333bd?upload=true.png

:)

AppGuy, Aug 10, 2018
  2. Polarman Win User

Looking for a particular web site ?

I remember seeing this here but i can't find it using the search thingy.

A guy posted a web site that had a comprensive list of all Windows update 32&64. I used to have it in my favorites before i formatted my HD.

Does someone know it?

They suggested a sticky for it but they never did.

Polarman, Aug 10, 2018
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Aug 10, 2018
  4. Gerard Qui Win User

Disable Web Search Results in Windows 10 Start Menu

Hi Taira,

Disabling web results in the search box depends on the version and build of your Windows 10. We suggest checking the Windows 10 version and build installed on your computer. To check the version and build, follow the steps below:

• On Cortana search, type winver and press
      Enter
    • A pop-up box will appear containing the version and build of your operating system.

Meanwhile, you can try these steps on how to disable web results in the search box:

• Click the search box in the taskbar.
    • Select the Notebook icon
      Where did "From the Web" option go? a0c1fa7c-1198-4621-a19b-ece827a34a33.png

in the left pane.
    • Click Settings from the list.
    • In the Settings page, turn off the Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more option.
    • Also, turn off the Search online and include web results option.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

Gerard Qui, Aug 10, 2018
Thema:

1. Where did "From the Web" option go? - Similar Threads - Where did Web

2. where did the battery icon go?

in Windows 10 Customization
    where did the battery icon go?: where did the battery life icon go? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/where-did-the-battery-icon-go/cdfe66f4-e4b2-426e-b8e1-208ffb4f1679
  3. Where did Outlook Express go?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Where did Outlook Express go?: Windows 10 updated, now outlook express won't work. Solutions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/where-did-outlook-express-go/ac55264b-ef8b-4819-8190-94012626b471
  4. Web search dissapered - where it go?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Web search dissapered - where it go?: Suddenly I can't search the web from the Start men search box, and I can't right click on a word on a website and search it on the web. All else works OK in Win10. Did an OS reinstall (not clean) but didn't fix it. Any clues? Thanks...
  5. Where did my backgrounds go?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Where did my backgrounds go?: For no apparent reason tonight my desktop wallpaper changed from a series of images that I have taken to a black screen. I opened the background settings to find a brand new layout staring at me. Digging through my C:\ drive I find no more trace of the backgrounds folder...
  6. Where did my contacts go?

in Browsers and Email
    Where did my contacts go?: I am running Office Pro Plus 2007 and went to send email tonight and all my contacts have disappeared. I looked in icloud and nothing but got this error. This set of folders cannot be opened. Can't remember how to bring a file from Notepad into here. sorry. Hope someone can...
  7. Where did my outlook go?

in Browsers and Email
    Where did my outlook go?: Hi all. I just restarted my PC, and now I cannot find my "outlook" program. When I hit start and search for "outlook", it just stays there searching. And in my "all apps", I can't find it either. 20705
  8. Advanced Power Options under Build 1703 - Where did they go?

in Windows 10 Support
    Advanced Power Options under Build 1703 - Where did they go?: Prior to the Build 1703 "upgrade", my Power Options > Advanced Settings had many more settings, for example, maximum CPA power levels, and graphics utilization. They are gone now, and only items such as "close lid" and "power button", brightness settings, remain. The new...
  9. Where did the DVD drives go

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Where did the DVD drives go: Hello! A strange one for me. The DVD drives do not show except on Device Manager or Disk Management. SO NO DVD Drives in File Manager. Suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks and make sure that you have a great day! 38593
  10. Where did my files go?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Where did my files go?: Just updated to a new windows 10 build using the dvd. Installed using the keep personal files option. The complete opposite seems to have happened! My program files folder is still there. I have a windows.old folder. And a new e: but wherever I look the users folders,...