Windows 10: Where do copies go?

Discus and support Where do copies go? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Just a simple question. In my Documents Directory, I can select an individual file or a folder with multiple files in it. If I right click on it, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dorian mode, Oct 30, 2016.

1. Where do copies go?

Just a simple question. In my Documents Directory, I can select an individual file or a folder with multiple files in it.
    If I right click on it, I get the option to Copy (among others).
    If I choose Copy, nothing seems to happen ? Did it copy? And if it did where did they go? How can I find them?
    Would it be preferable to use the CLI to Copy, and designate a destination for the copied files?
    Thank you.

:)

dorian mode, Oct 30, 2016

2. Where Nokia Suite stores local copies of firmware and software update

C:\Documents and Settings\USER\Local Settings\Application Data\Nokia\NSU3\NOSSU2\types is where i found the files for a machine running Win XPsp3/NokiaSuite 3.8.3

matthewkuhl, Oct 30, 2016
  3. Where Nokia Suite stores local copies of firmware and software update

hello..try this, found mine at this directory:

just make you have enabled to show all hidden files in Folder Options:

then navigate to C:\Program Data\Nokia\Nokia Suite\NOSSU2\variants\Production External\Products\RM-XXX

..hope this helps..

shawty_se7en, Oct 30, 2016
  4. Edwin New Member

Where do copies go?

It copies the item to the 'Clipboard', then you go 'Paste' it somewhere.

You could also add 'Copy To'/'Move To' to your right click context menu by saving the following code to Notepad as a .reg file then merge it:

Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Copy To] @="{C2FBB630-2971-11D1-A18C-00C04FD75D13}" [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Move To] @="{C2FBB631-2971-11D1-A18C-00C04FD75D13}"[/quote]
    Where do copies go? [​IMG]

Edwin, Oct 30, 2016
  5. Okay, Thank you.
    That brings up another question then. If I copy a folder containing multiple files, Is the actual content of the folder copied?
    ie: all the files?

6. Edwin New Member
    Yes, the folder and everything in it.

Edwin, Oct 30, 2016
  7. Yes, Thank you, I just tried this and it worked like a charm. This is simple stuff, but something I didn't know.
    This will come in very handy, Much appreciated.

8. Where do copies go?

[/quote] Could you elaborate on this please. Is this a one time procedure? What is involved in the "merge" process?

9. Bree New Member
    Could you elaborate on this please. Is this a one time procedure? What is involved in the "merge" process? The default action when you double-click on a .reg file is to run Regedit to add the contents of the .reg file to the registry - a process Microsoft call 'merging'. You'll be asked if you really want to do this...

10. Edwin New Member
    What @Bree said. *Wink

If you want to undo the Registry modification, create a .reg file, in like manner, with the following:

Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Copy To] [-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Move To][/quote]

Edwin, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Where do copies go?

1. Where do copies go? - Similar Threads - Where copies

2. Where has "Copy Link" gone!!??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where has "Copy Link" gone!!??: Just installed the latest update for windows 11, and now, in file explorer, the "copy link" option is no longer there.To top it off, when i hit share, i get a nice window giving me options to share with people, but I can only select one person! and it shares a copy of the...
  3. Where has "Copy Link" gone!!??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where has "Copy Link" gone!!??: Just installed the latest update for windows 11, and now, in file explorer, the "copy link" option is no longer there.To top it off, when i hit share, i get a nice window giving me options to share with people, but I can only select one person! and it shares a copy of the...
  4. Where can I view a copy of Windows 11 22H2 EULA

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where can I view a copy of Windows 11 22H2 EULA: I don't have this version of Windows 11 installed.Just want to view a copy of the EULA in text format if possible. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-can-i-view-a-copy-of-windows-11-22h2-eula/e8719faa-24c2-4a8b-ace6-576da5536cc1
  5. Where can I view a copy of Windows 11 22H2 EULA

Where can I view a copy of Windows 11 22H2 EULA: I don't have this version of Windows 11 installed.Just want to view a copy of the EULA in text format if possible. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-can-i-view-a-copy-of-windows-11-22h2-eula/e8719faa-24c2-4a8b-ace6-576da5536cc1
  6. where to find vendor for asking new copy of windows product key?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    where to find vendor for asking new copy of windows product key?: i need a new windows product key. and i dont know where to go? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-to-find-vendor-for-asking-new-copy-of/3ebf4b76-ac1f-4d58-a5b6-e36933e7fd45
  7. where to find vendor for asking new copy of windows product key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    where to find vendor for asking new copy of windows product key?: i need a new windows product key. and i dont know where to go? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-to-find-vendor-for-asking-new-copy-of/3ebf4b76-ac1f-4d58-a5b6-e36933e7fd45
  8. where to find vendor for asking new copy of windows product key?

9. Report where illegal copies are used

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Report where illegal copies are used: Hello.255 46 Sk c&c 1 . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/report-where-illegal-copies-are-used/01d62eb0-795e-4732-9a3b-87c9d7ec2675
  10. Report where illegal copies are used

Report where illegal copies are used: Hello.255 46 Sk c&c 1 . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/report-where-illegal-copies-are-used/01d62eb0-795e-4732-9a3b-87c9d7ec2675

Users found this page by searching for:

1. where do my copies go