Windows 10: Where do I find my account picture?

Discus and support Where do I find my account picture? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Please note that this problem has been solved. I can't figure out how to change the prefix to "Solved" so I am editing the question with this... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by RhinoCan, Feb 26, 2017.

1. RhinoCan Win User

Where do I find my account picture?

Please note that this problem has been solved. I can't figure out how to change the prefix to "Solved" so I am editing the question with this paragraph.

Can anyone tell me where Windows puts my account photograph? I'm talking about the one that appears on my Windows login screen when I boot up the computer. You also see it when you go to Settings/Accounts/My Info.

I'm 99% sure that the file is called rhino.jpg but when I search for it in File Explorer it fails to find it, even after searching for a staggering amount of time. I'd love to know what directory Windows puts that picture in. I've tried clicking on the "Browse for one" button at My Info but it arbitrarily starts in a directory called Camera Roll which does NOT contain the photo I'm trying to find.

Let me stress that I do not want to replace this photo in my account. I simply want to find it so that I can print it for a purpose completely unrelated to Windows. (I had a good haircut that day and want to print it to show the hair cutter.)

Does anyone know where that picture is going to be?

:)

RhinoCan, Feb 26, 2017

2. Where do I find my missing "delete account" button in Mail?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Sorry to know that you are facing this issue.

I suggests you to follow the step by step guide on how to remove an account

in the mail app.

Refer the below Microsoft article and see if this helps :

Outlook help - Office Support

Steps for windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Let us know if this helps.

Keep us posted for further assistance, we are

here to assist you.

Akheel Ahmed, Feb 26, 2017
  3. Where do I find my missing "delete account" button in Mail?

I accidentally added a non-functioning account to Mail. It's not doing anything, so it's no biggie, but I wanted to delete it for tidiness. Apparently there should be a "delete account" option when I click on the account in the account manager. but it's
    not there. I have the "change mailbox sync settings" and "change account" settings, but the third button just isn't there.

ValerieBanwell, Feb 26, 2017
  4. f14tomcat Win User

Take a look here at this tutorial. Has all the ins and outs of your account picture in Windows 10.

Account Picture - Change in Windows 10

f14tomcat, Feb 26, 2017
  5. tracit99 Win User
    Copy following text and paste it in RUN dialog box or Windows Explorer addressbar and press Enter.
    %appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\AccountPictures
    It'll open "Account Pictures" folder where you'll see your customized user picture images.

tracit99, Feb 26, 2017
  6. Barman58 Win User
    I do not believe that windows moves the image file if you select a specific file when setting up the user account, you have the option to choose an image other than one of the windows provided ones - Windows then presents a regular file open dialogue which it uses to create a link to the chosen image.

If windows does make a copy I would suggest you look in the Hidden Appdata folder tree - If you unset the hide system files option and set to show hidden files you may find that the search will find the image file

Barman58, Feb 26, 2017
  7. RhinoCan Win User
    Thank you VERY much, F14Tomcat!

The tutorial explained where the current account picture was and I located 7 different versions of the picture, each of a different size. None of them had the "rhino.jpg" filename - they had a long ugly name formed from a GUID or other source - but the largest one was perfect for my needs. I just copied it to the desktop and renamed it rhino.jpg so I wouldn't have to look for it in future. I'm not sure what's become of the original picture now but that doesn't really matter.

Thanks again! (Thanks also to the others who replied.)

RhinoCan, Feb 26, 2017
  8. f14tomcat Win User

You're very welcome! Be brave and share! Post a picture of yourself

f14tomcat, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Where do I find my account picture? - Similar Threads - Where find account

2. Where do I find my question?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Where do I find my question?: Unable to login to computer. It asked me for a question https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-do-i-find-my-question/d4311767-ab16-4a23-9d9a-d81afbff227a
  3. Where do I find my question?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where do I find my question?: Unable to login to computer. It asked me for a question https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-do-i-find-my-question/d4311767-ab16-4a23-9d9a-d81afbff227a
  4. Where do I find my collections?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where do I find my collections?: Using ONLY basic HUMAN English, please tell me WHERE I can find the "saved pictures" that I have "loaded", for use as my backgrounds.Remember: HUMAN English ONLY. NO computer code....
  5. Where do I find my collections?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where do I find my collections?: Using ONLY basic HUMAN English, please tell me WHERE I can find the "saved pictures" that I have "loaded", for use as my backgrounds.Remember: HUMAN English ONLY. NO computer code....
  6. Where do I find this Windows 10 picture?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where do I find this Windows 10 picture?: Saw this on someone's windows 10 background, but can't find it on the internet Would appreciate if someone can tell me where can I find it submitted by /u/Chelister [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ixi2rm/where_do_i_find_this_windows_10_picture/
  7. where do i find my clipboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    where do i find my clipboard: where do I find my copied item that has been copy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-do-i-find-my-clipboard/8ef595dc-af05-43c6-9741-897144e118dd
  8. where do I find my pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    where do I find my pin: where do I find my pin so I can log in to my 365 account and use the software I have paid for https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-do-i-find-my-pin/6c62fe46-bf1b-4190-ba24-1b011081d244
  9. Where do I find my PIN?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Where do I find my PIN?: Where do I find my PIN? I never knew I had one and need it for a couple Microsoft apps...….. Thank You madee10 [Original Title: PIN] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/where-do-i-find-my-pin/cbd8d73b-c43d-4d83-b6fa-274ce7696127"
  10. Where do I find a list of user accounts for my computer?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Where do I find a list of user accounts for my computer?: Dear @ausgumbie: if, as appears to be the case, the recommended solution worked for you, please mark this thread solved by clicking the green button at the top right of the window for this thread: [img] That way, other visitors to TenForums will know that your question...