Windows 10: Where do I need to run this command...

Discus and support Where do I need to run this command... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I've been moving mp3's from one drive to another... In one of the folders I moved I got this message... Description:The server service was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Raner, Jul 1, 2017.

1. Raner Win User

Where do I need to run this command...

Hi, I've been moving mp3's from one drive to another...
    In one of the folders I moved I got this message...

Description:The server service was unable to recreate the share Modified Bass Song USB (Latest Updated Copy) because the directory G:\Both ~All Songs & Modified Bass ~ Flash Drives Files (In Use Now)\Modified Bass Song USB (Latest Updated Copy) no longer exists. Please run "net share Modified Bass Song USB (Latest Updated Copy) /delete" to delete the share, or recreate the directory G:\Both ~All Songs & Modified Bass ~ Flash Drives Files (In Use Now)\Modified Bass Song USB (Latest Updated Copy).

Where do I run this... Looks like it would be with the Admin Command Prompt (But not sure)
    Please run "net share Modified Bass Song USB (Latest Updated Copy) /delete"
    Thanks....

:)

Raner, Jul 1, 2017

2. How do I use the RUN Command in Windows 10? Where do I go to find this?

Most helpful, Prabhavathi. Wish MS would make this clear when they update their OS !

I did a search in Windows 10 for this information, but Windows came up with a "nothing found" reply. Most odd!

I have now tried using the RUN command followed by SFC / scanner, to try to get round my Outlook 2010 problem, mentioned in another post last week by myself. The suggestion was that running SFC / scanner could possibly correct the problem of not being able
    to send emails in Outlook 2010 under Windows 10, but sadly this is not the case.

You invited me to come back to you if more help was needed, so, if you know of a possible solution, I should be grateful for your further advice.

Thanks again.

PeterCrossleySX, Jul 1, 2017
  3. How do I use the RUN Command in Windows 10? Where do I go to find this?

Hi Peter,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please press Windows button and R together to launch command prompt.

I suggest you to refer to the below link “command prompt frequently asked questions” for more information on command prompt.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/command-prompt-faq#1TC=windows-8

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Jul 1, 2017
  4. spunk Win User

just do this or manually delete the directory in the G: drive

spunk, Jul 1, 2017
  5. Raner Win User
    I was having a problem, The warring would keep coming back every time I deleted the folder...
    I figured how to do fix this warning. It took a bit of work but it's gone...
    I went in admin command prompt and typed the command Please run net share da da da,
    and the return said to get more help type something, I forgot what it said.
    But I did not get anywhere with the command prompt... So I did this...
    First I looked in here:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Shares
    All I did was check to make sure the error was in there...It Was...
    I made a folder with the original name in the path the missing folder was
    deleted from.
    Rebooted then went back to :
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Shares
    The file was still in there, So I clicked on the file and changed "Type=0 to Type=1
    Rebooted again.
    Went back to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Shares
    This time the file was gone.
    So I deleted the folder I made.
    Rebooted and the warring was gone from the event viewer...
    Side Note: The thing was that this file was never shared. Don't know why the
    the error asked to check in "net share", I guess there was a glitch in the
    share file rule...Anyway that fixed it for me...
    Thanks for taking the time to help me out... Spunk...

Raner, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Where do I need to run this command... - Similar Threads - Where need run

2. It says I need permission. Where do I set it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It says I need permission. Where do I set it?: I heard that I need permission. Where do I set it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-says-i-need-permission-where-do-i-set-it/3552625d-9618-4a35-bc81-361d5440b3c9
  3. It says I need permission. Where do I set it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    It says I need permission. Where do I set it?: I heard that I need permission. Where do I set it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-says-i-need-permission-where-do-i-set-it/3552625d-9618-4a35-bc81-361d5440b3c9
  4. Why do I need ctfmon.exe running?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I need ctfmon.exe running?: I recently had to format my os drive and start over. Like always I go into msconfig and other startup areas and make the os as light as I can. Usually consists of googling every service and app I'm not sure of to see if I can remove or stop it from running. There are some...
  5. Why do I need ctfmon.exe running?

Why do I need ctfmon.exe running?: I recently had to format my os drive and start over. Like always I go into msconfig and other startup areas and make the os as light as I can. Usually consists of googling every service and app I'm not sure of to see if I can remove or stop it from running. There are some...
  6. I need halp i cannot run anny of the dism commands

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need halp i cannot run anny of the dism commands: As i said in title none of the "DISM" commands wont work neither in power shell or cmd with administrator acces. I can send you my cbs.log if thats whats needed to resolve the issue. Please HELP ME i have a lot stuff on my pc that i cannot lose....
  7. I need halp i cannot run anny of the dism commands

I need halp i cannot run anny of the dism commands: As i said in title none of the "DISM" commands wont work neither in power shell or cmd with administrator acces. I can send you my cbs.log if thats whats needed to resolve the issue. Please HELP ME i have a lot stuff on my pc that i cannot lose....
  8. window 11 needs some command where to install or to do else. I am compelled to opt for No....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    window 11 needs some command where to install or to do else. I am compelled to opt for No....: window 11 needs some command where to install or to do else. I am compelled to opt for No. My pc stops working for a while hampering all working. Can you help me in doing so through updates. Installations need to change my pc setting but I do not know the command to be...
  9. window 11 needs some command where to install or to do else. I am compelled to opt for No....

window 11 needs some command where to install or to do else. I am compelled to opt for No....: window 11 needs some command where to install or to do else. I am compelled to opt for No. My pc stops working for a while hampering all working. Can you help me in doing so through updates. Installations need to change my pc setting but I do not know the command to be...
  10. Why do I need Run as administrator?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why do I need Run as administrator?: Hi, Even if we signed in with administrator account, mostly we use Run as administrator. Why do I need Run as administrator? Regards InTechSys https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-need-run-as-administrator/abe2c534-5986-44b7-aba1-c0e0f8bf4c6a