Windows 10: where do I restrict popups? (screenshot)

Discus and support where do I restrict popups? (screenshot) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I'm using my computer I will get these messages that appear like this occasionally to let me know about things I can download. [img] 68920 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ironfist, Nov 3, 2016.

1. ironfist Win User

where do I restrict popups? (screenshot)

When I'm using my computer I will get these messages that appear like this occasionally to let me know about things I can download.

where do I restrict popups? (screenshot) [​IMG]

:)

ironfist, Nov 3, 2016

2. where do i find and how do i download OFFICE SNIP for Windows 10 ... Best Tool for Screenshot, Voice Annotation, Video & Highlighter (Snip for Windows PC)

Where do i find and how do i download OFFICE SNIP for WINDOWS 10 .... Best Tool for Screenshot, Voice Annotation, Video & Highlighter (Snip for Windows PC)

[Moved from:
    Microsoft Edge / All other issues / Windows 10]

SparkySparks1, Nov 3, 2016
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Where do I find a .dll file?

Hi jeanne, can you please provide a screenshot of the error message, so that we can glean a bit more information and provide a solution . . .

DaveM121, Nov 3, 2016
  4. Neemobeer Win User

Neemobeer, Nov 3, 2016
  5. ironfist Win User
    There do not exist any options for Edge there, now should I just turn off all the choices for all of the products?

ironfist, Nov 3, 2016
  6. Neemobeer Win User
    Nvm you want to disable Ads.
    • [Windows key + i]
    • Privacy
    • Turn off "Let apps use my advertising ID..."

Neemobeer, Nov 3, 2016
  7. ARC1020 Win User
    It's not something that I've come across yet and a quick search for "Wanna earn while you browse" or "Get free movies and games with Microsoft Edge" didn't reveal much in the way of solutions, so I'm not entirely sure.

If the above poster's solution doesn't work (I.E. Settings App > Privacy > Turn off 'Let apps use my advertising ID for experiences across apps'), maybe try turning off the following and see if these settings stop these types of notifications from occurring:

Settings App > System > Notifications & Actions > Turn off 'Get tips, tricks and suggestions as you use Windows'

Settings App > Personalisation > Start > Turn off 'Occasionally show suggestions in Start'

Settings App > Personalisation > Lock Screen > Turn off 'Get fun facts, tips, tricks and more on your lock screen'

If they don't work, then maybe try a more nuclear approach by killing all Edge notifications and see if maybe that stops it:

Settings App > System > Notifications & Actions > Microsoft Edge > Turn off 'Notifications'

ARC1020, Nov 3, 2016
  8. where do I restrict popups? (screenshot)

TairikuOkami, Nov 4, 2016
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello ironfist, *Smile

Turning off notifications for the Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows option should stop this.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. where do I restrict popups? (screenshot) - Similar Threads - where restrict popups

2. where do i go to find a screenshot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    where do i go to find a screenshot: Where do i go to find a screenshot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-do-i-go-to-find-a-screenshot/e8daa79b-c929-4e7c-8060-89f0e9e7d99b
  3. where do i go to find a screenshot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    where do i go to find a screenshot: Where do i go to find a screenshot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-do-i-go-to-find-a-screenshot/e8daa79b-c929-4e7c-8060-89f0e9e7d99b
  4. where do i go to find a screenshot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Screenshots are stored where?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screenshots are stored where?: Where are screenshots stored? I looked in C:\Users\....\Pictures\Screenshots and there's nothing there. But I know they are somewhere because I can insert a screenshot in Powerpoint....
  6. Screenshots are stored where?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screenshots are stored where?: Where are screenshots stored? I looked in C:\Users\....\Pictures\Screenshots and there's nothing there. But I know they are somewhere because I can insert a screenshot in Powerpoint....
  7. Where can i find screenshots?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where can i find screenshots?: When i make a screenshot with fn+prt sc/insert i cant view it unless i do shift+insert/prt sc somewhere i can attach images. I searched every folder but cant find the one. Anyone knows where it is? Its a HP elitebook 840, windows 10 pro, version 2004. I don't know when i got...
  8. HP PC Windows ... where do I find screenshots?

HP PC Windows ... where do I find screenshots?: Hello, I am not that familiar with screenshorts on my PC. I looked all over pictures folders and One Drive, but didn't find screenshots I had taken. I did not save each one after taking them, thinking they would be automatically saved somewhere! Thank you!!...
  9. Where are screenshots saved?

Where are screenshots saved?: I know that I should press PrtSc to save a screenshot. But when I click on it, nothing happens. They might be saved somewhere or not.I don’t know https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-are-screenshots-saved/6ed62a9d-ffdb-4ae4-893f-3605370194b8"
  10. What is the origin of these popups? (see screenshot)

in Windows 10 Support
    What is the origin of these popups? (see screenshot): They're maddening and I've no idea from where they're being launched. [img] 146239