Windows 10: Where does Edge Store the Favorites Bar Items

Discus and support Where does Edge Store the Favorites Bar Items in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Where does Edge store the Favorites Bar items. I'd like to be able to back it up. James 91327 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by JamesJoey, Aug 13, 2017.

1. JamesJoey Win User

Where does Edge Store the Favorites Bar Items

Where does Edge store the Favorites Bar items.

I'd like to be able to back it up.

James

:)

JamesJoey, Aug 13, 2017
  2. MikeIrvan Win User

Microsoft Edge Favorites Not Syncing

so where would we find our favorites than in edge if not with the favorites bar?

MikeIrvan, Aug 13, 2017
  3. SDW1031 Win User
    Favorites Bar

I ran across this post as I am trying to find out how to delete specific links from my Edge Favorites Bar.

While the first poster did not reply to your response it does not seem to answer the question of deleting items from the Favorites Bar. Your reply simply turns off the whole Favorites Bar when the specific question was "How do you delete items from the favorites
    bar in the new WIndows 10?"

I have had the same issue as the first poster. I cannot delete a specific single site from my Favorites Bar.

While I can right click on the icon/link in the Hub-Favorites Bar folder or even on the Bar itself, when I click Remove nothing happens at all.

As a note, I CAN delete any other Favorites I have on Edge, I just CANNOT Remove (delete) any of the ones in my Favorites Bar.

When I go to C: drive Users Favorites - Favorites Bar folder what shows are the IE11 favorites not my Edge favorites (and Favorites Bar) which have changed in the 5 weeks or so that I have had Win10.

I am also interested to know why in your response above, if someone just wanted to not show the Favorites Bar, you must turn it off in both Edge and IE11. Are Edge and IE11 intimately linked together? (Note: I have been able to delete the link from my Favorites
    Bar on IE11 just not from Edge.)

SDW1031, Aug 13, 2017
  4. Mooly Win User

Mooly, Aug 13, 2017
  5. JamesJoey Win User
    I imported them fine.
    But, when I got to the Favorited folder in Explorer the content is not the same.
    I dragged and dropped what I needed form 'Imported form Internet Explore' and then deleted the Internet Explore' folder in Edge.

JamesJoey, Aug 13, 2017
  6. Jeddie Win User
  7. JamesJoey Win User
    That'll work.

Thanks,
    James

JamesJoey, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Where does Edge Store the Favorites Bar Items - Similar Threads - Where does Edge

2. Edge favorites bar

in Browsers and Email
    Edge favorites bar: Hi, I have the Edge Favorites bar along the top of my home page. I have put many favorites along the top, I have selected " show icons only" to save space, however it keeps reverting back after about a day. I repeat this again, and it reverts back again. How can I prevent it...
  3. Edge Favorites Bar Customization

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Favorites Bar Customization: Is it possible to set the favorites on the favorites bar to just icons like you have the option in IE11? I'm right clicking all over this program, but I don't see hardly anything that can be customized. 28020
  4. Favorites from Firefox to Favorites BAR in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Favorites from Firefox to Favorites BAR in Edge: I recently upgraded to Win 10 64 and have decided that I am going to use Edge as my default browser. I have followed the directions on 2 websites now that tell how to transfer favorites from Firefox to Edge and seem to have hit a little snag. I am trying to transfer my...
  5. Edge Favorites Bar Not Showing Additional Favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Favorites Bar Not Showing Additional Favorites: I have enough icons in the Edge favorites bar that they do not all show in a browser window. Before the Creator update, at the right end of the items that showed there was a down carrot that expanded vertically down to show a list of the remaining favorites beyond those...
  6. Where does Windows 10 Edge keep its Favorites folder items?

in Browsers and Email
    Where does Windows 10 Edge keep its Favorites folder items?: I'm new to Edge, and would love to find where in Windows Explorer it keeps the folder storing Favorites links. However, all I've found so far in searching the Internet in general and TenForums in particular, are W10 Favorites folders which are either empty or contain only...
  7. Where are Edge Favorites stored ?

in Browsers and Email
    Where are Edge Favorites stored ?: I was able to import them for ie to edge but I am not sure if there are stored on the hard drive or some place else. I liked in ie that you could edit favorites directly in the folder structured. I would like to edit edge so it uses the favorites folder instead of where it...
  8. Where is Edge Favorites stored again?

in Browsers and Email
    Where is Edge Favorites stored again?: I used to know this, but I don't remember anymore. 81515
  9. How to add a favorite to favorites bar in Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    How to add a favorite to favorites bar in Edge?: Hey gang, I can't seem to figure this one out. When I set up Win 10 a few days ago, I imported my IE settings into Edge. All my favorites are there, and the ones I had pinned to my favorites bar are there. But I can not seem to figure out, how to add a favorite to the...
  10. Where Does Edge Store Favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Where Does Edge Store Favorites: Where Does Edge Store Favorites. James 34442

Users found this page by searching for:

1. where does edge store favorites

2. where does windows edge store favorites

3. where does edge store favorites 2019

4. where does edge store favorites bar,
  5. microsoft edge not syncing favorites 2018,
  6. where are my edge favorites stored,
  7. what file are edge favorite bar items sored in,
  8. where does microsoft edge store favorites,
  9. where are favorites bar items stored in edge,
  10. where does edge store favorites windows 10,
  11. where does edge store bookmarks,