Windows 10: Where Does Win 10 Save Cam Shots By Default?

Discus and support Where Does Win 10 Save Cam Shots By Default? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Why does Win 10 have to make things so freakin' complicated? For YEARS it has saved all pics in the Pictures Library, why all of a sudden change... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by gplea, Jan 3, 2016.

1. gplea Win User

Where Does Win 10 Save Cam Shots By Default?

Why does Win 10 have to make things so freakin' complicated?

For YEARS it has saved all pics in the Pictures Library, why all of a sudden change that?

And what did it change to?

And WHY can't I find out where they're saved?

And FINALLY, why doesn't the Win 10 Cam app let me determine where to save pics?

*Mad*Mad*Mad

GPL

:)

gplea, Jan 3, 2016

2. Unable to open/see images on PC that are captured by Nokia lumia 520 smart cam

You can't. That file is used with the program itself where you can then save Best Shot etc. As far as I know, it is not a viewable file.

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Jan 3, 2016
  3. Unable to open/see images on PC that are captured by Nokia lumia 520 smart cam

You are correct about that Sven. The nar file is the file created by smart cam. When a user selects the Best Shot etc., then it saves that shot in the Camera roll as a jpeg file.

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Jan 3, 2016
  4. OldMike65 Win User

Those pic's are save in your Camera Roll folder, which is in your Picture library *Smile

OldMike65, Jan 3, 2016
  5. gplea Win User
    Thanks for the help, and would've sworn I looked in there, but they weren't there. Thanks.

gplea, Jan 3, 2016
  6. OldMike65 Win User
    Glad it all worked out....take care. *Smile

OldMike65, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Where Does Win 10 Save Cam Shots By Default? - Similar Threads - Where Does Save

2. Where does the webcam save photos?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where does the webcam save photos?: If I open the webcam app, then get it to show the correct camera attached and press the "take a picture" button, there is really no clue where the file will get saved at all. I don't have a D drive, and the folder is writeable. And if I change the storage from C to C and...
  3. Where does the webcam save photos?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where does the webcam save photos?: If I open the webcam app, then get it to show the correct camera attached and press the "take a picture" button, there is really no clue where the file will get saved at all. I don't have a D drive, and the folder is writeable. And if I change the storage from C to C and...
  4. Where are restore points saved - Win 10 Pro ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Where are restore points saved - Win 10 Pro ?: When creating restore points where are they located on the dik? Can I back them up to a removable drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-are-restore-points-saved-win-10-pro/a4a727bf-abd9-4491-82c8-8e755bad4ae7
  5. where are the screen shots saved?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    where are the screen shots saved?: recently I realised that you can use the key combo WinKey+shift+S to take a screenshot however, I can find where its stored. Ive tryed looking it upbut its just lead me to dead ends. I think its saposed to be saved in the screenshots folder. but it doesnt show up, and it only...
  6. Where is the Windows 10 Screen Shots folder?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Where is the Windows 10 Screen Shots folder?: In my previous installation of Windows 10, PrtScn, Ctrl-PrtScn, and Alt-PrtScn produced an image file and stored it in a Screen Shots folder on my PC. I would then receive a notification in the notification area of my Task Bar, the a new screen shot was available and I could...
  7. cant take snap shots on my cam

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cant take snap shots on my cam: Cant take photos ----snap shots on my cam https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-take-snap-shots-on-my-cam/a6c09d82-f56b-4471-907d-1a7fc2b28cf9
  8. Where does the Win 10 download go?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Where does the Win 10 download go?: Hi I registered for Win 10 and then cancelled. Last week, there was a large (3GB or so) hit on my Broadband allowance, which seems to roughly coincide with the size of Win 10. How can I see whether the files have been downloaded? Where does it put them and what would I do if...
  9. Where are the default Windows backgrounds saved?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where are the default Windows backgrounds saved?: So I started changing my desktop backgrounds with my own images, but now, in "Settings", I no longer see the backgrounds that are included with Windows 10, like the blue Windows logo one. They don't show up in the 5 boxes. This new "Settings" Personalisation page is...
  10. Give the default apps a shot

in Windows 10 News
    Give the default apps a shot: One interesting change is a small prompt that appears in Windows 10 build 10568 when you attempt to change your default apps. When you try to change your default browser to something other than Edge, Microsoft’s own browser, you are prompted with a small box that says “Give...