Windows 10: Where does Windows 10 Edge keep its Favorites folder items?

Discus and support Where does Windows 10 Edge keep its Favorites folder items? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I'm new to Edge, and would love to find where in Windows Explorer it keeps the folder storing Favorites links. However, all I've found so far in... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by RetiredEngineer, Mar 12, 2017.

1. Where does Windows 10 Edge keep its Favorites folder items?

I'm new to Edge, and would love to find where in Windows Explorer it keeps the folder storing Favorites links. However, all I've found so far in searching the Internet in general and TenForums in particular, are W10 Favorites folders which are either empty or contain only icons.

Assuming Microsoft has not encrypted all of Edge's Favorites and moved them to a hidden location as of today (3/13/2017), would someone please direct me to the latest help on this topic, or tell me how a new user should do this?

:)

RetiredEngineer, Mar 12, 2017
  2. RxDave Win User

The Edge browser internet favorites now includes all of my photo folders. Why?

For some reason, all of my photo folders now appear in my Edge internet favorites, but they don't link to anything. They're all listed with little folder icons. That's almost all I see in the Edge favorites bar. If I try to remove one (there are actually
    hundreds of them), it says the folder and all of its contents will be deleted. I don't want to delete the folders. I want to remove them from my internet favorites. Why are they even there?

Windows 10 seems to be obsessed with my photos. It keeps making albums I don't want and must repeatedly keep removing. Now this. I think this has to be the biggest Windows mess I have ever seen. It makes the Edge browser unusable.

1. How do I remove these folders from my Edge internet favorites without completely deleting the folder and the photos?

2. If these folders are deleted, will Windows 10 just keep putting them back like it does with the photo albums?

RxDave, Mar 12, 2017
  3. graye Win User
    Does Windows 10 Backup support Microsoft Edge

Edge now keeps its information in a database that's located at: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default\DataStore\Data\nouser1\120712-0049\DBStore\

You should be able to verify if the files/folders at that location are included in your backup

graye, Mar 12, 2017
  4. Where does Windows 10 Edge keep its Favorites folder items?

Hi RetiredEngineer

From what I found searching web and adding a favorite or two.

C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User \Default\Datastore\Data

From there you keep drilling. You were likely very close as I found a folder with Icons. They are kept in database call spartan.edb

Search this file and you get lots of hits.

My DB was updated with exact time that I added my last favorite.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 13, 2017
  5. Ivan4you Win User
    Ivan4you, Mar 13, 2017
  6. Imagine burying favorites down this path. Makes backups interesting.

Ken

7. Brink
    Brink New Member
  8. Where does Windows 10 Edge keep its Favorites folder items?

Excellent resource. That said I don't imagine Backup and Restore (Windows 7) catching this and I'm not sure that other commercial products that backup libraries would catch.

Would you know a reason why they didn't just place DB in Favorites folder?

Without resources like your tutorials people are left exposed.

Thanks Shawn.

Ken

9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hey Ken, *Smile

Originally, Microsoft Edge favorites were stored in a Favorites folder, but it was changed to a DB file for better security reasons.

Brink, Mar 13, 2017
  10. Fortunately, I have only a few links stored in Edge, so I quickly transferred them to my Links folder, which I use as a keyword-driven lookup table. MS allows 128 caracter file names, and this will hold a lot of keywords, which are searchable from the Search box in the upper right hand corner of File Explorer's windows. Right now I have ~1,500 links stored, and can locate anything in less than a minute using partial keyword searches.

RetiredEngineer, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Where does Windows 10 Edge keep its Favorites folder items?

1. Where does Windows 10 Edge keep its Favorites folder items? - Similar Threads - Where does Edge

2. How to Import Favorites from Windows 10 Favorites folder to Edge

in Browsers and Email
    How to Import Favorites from Windows 10 Favorites folder to Edge: When I try to import Favorites from Windows Favorites folder, by going to Edge Settings > Import or Export > Import from file. Then select: C drive > Users > User name > Favorites folder. It only shows the URL short cuts in the Favorites sub-folder, with no way to select...
  3. Windows 10 edge favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 edge favorites: My drop down favorites has populated to the home screen as a favorites bar? I went to the more/settings option and the show favorites is off? Any suggestion on how to remove the Favorites bar from my home screen? 113898
  4. Windows 10 edge favorites

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 edge favorites: My drop down favorites has populated to the home screen as a favorites bar? I went to the more/settings option and the show favorites is off? Any suggestion on how to remove the Favorites bar from my home screen? 113898
  5. Where does Edge Store the Favorites Bar Items

in Browsers and Email
    Where does Edge Store the Favorites Bar Items: Where does Edge store the Favorites Bar items. I'd like to be able to back it up. James 91327
  6. Cannot Rename Folder in Edge Favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot Rename Folder in Edge Favorites: As the title says. I can right-click on a folder in Edge favorites and click rename. Once the new name is typed in there seems to be no way to save it. No matter what I do it reverts to the previous name. Is it like this for everyone else? Jim 15600
  7. EDGE browser - Windows 10 Pro - FAVORITES folder

in Browsers and Email
    EDGE browser - Windows 10 Pro - FAVORITES folder: WINDOWS 10 PRO: Pursuant to the tutorial in Ten Forums, the FAVORITES folder in the EDGE browser is stored in the DataStore folder. Is that correct? Is the tutorial correct? My check of the folder indicates the tutorial was correct. . 38223
  8. Where are Edge Favorites stored ?

in Browsers and Email
    Where are Edge Favorites stored ?: I was able to import them for ie to edge but I am not sure if there are stored on the hard drive or some place else. I liked in ie that you could edit favorites directly in the folder structured. I would like to edit edge so it uses the favorites folder instead of where it...
  9. Where is Edge Favorites stored again?

in Browsers and Email
    Where is Edge Favorites stored again?: I used to know this, but I don't remember anymore. 81515
  10. Where Does Edge Store Favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Where Does Edge Store Favorites: Where Does Edge Store Favorites. James 34442

Users found this page by searching for:

1. where does edge store favorites

2. where does windows 10 edge keep favorites

3. where does edge keep favorites

4. where does edge store favorites windows 10,
  5. where does edge keep the files for the favorites bar,
  6. windows 10 edge favorites stored 2020,
  7. where does edge keep favorites file,
  8. where did window edge store favorites,
  9. what folders are favourites kept in windows 10 using edge,
  10. where does win 10 with edge keep favorites,
  11. where are favorites saved in windows 10,