Windows 10: Where/how to get a two-factor authenticator that works everwhere?

Discus and support Where/how to get a two-factor authenticator that works everwhere? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; 23July2018. Where to get a 2-factor authenticator that works on lap top pc with W10 upgrade, and on/together with a cellphone (there are internet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by hofkar, Jul 23, 2018.

1. hofkar Win User

Where/how to get a two-factor authenticator that works everwhere?

23July2018.
    Where to get a 2-factor authenticator that
    works on lap top pc with W10 upgrade, and
    on/together with a cellphone (there are internet
    somewhere there inside the phone, but I never
    used it).- I know you have TOPT/HOPT, DUO/DuoPush,
    winauth, Azure, Google authenticator, HMAX, RFC
    authenticators, U2F, 1password, Yubikey etc.
    But I would like to manage log-ins without a smartphone.
    The 2-factor log-in (text-code via phone) on Coinbase stopped
    working. On a cryptocurrency exchange you couldn`t do
    anything without a U2F.
    Remarks
    *note

:)

hofkar, Jul 23, 2018

2. Two factor authentication for Windows 10

Hi Pascal,

I understand that you want to know how to enable two-factor authentication for the Windows 10 sign in.

I suggest you to refer the Microsoft article on
    About two-step verification and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/12408/microsoft-account-about-two-step-verification

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Jul 23, 2018
  3. Microsoft Account set to use 2 Factor Authentication & Authentication Phone App but it doesn't prompt for authentication when signing in to my Windows 10 PC locally or remotely (via RDP).

OK I created a 2nd Microsoft account and setup the Authentication App on an old phone I had lying around for 2-factor authentication.

Step 1

I logged into this website with that account and it prompted me with the Authentication App so 2 factor is setup correctly on the NEW Microsoft Account.

Step 2

I logged in on my Windows 10 PC with that NEW account and it also DOES NOT PROMPT for 2-Factor Authentication.

I tried to log in via RDP and, again, it DOES NOT PROMPT for 2-Factor.

My question remains unanswered.

TylerMason, Jul 23, 2018
  4. Where/how to get a two-factor authenticator that works everwhere?

How to deploy two factor authentication

Hello

The "answer" above is one of the "not so smart ones", and the information that you provided doesn't help at all. And is it a human beeing or a computer that suggests to post this question in a Windows 8 Technet forum?

"Two factor authentication" is nothing that is exclusive to Windows 10 Enterprise. It's a feature that is advertised for all Windows 10 Versions.

Can you please tell us if "two factor authentication" is available today (as advertised from Microsoft), or if it is just vaporware at present?

Kind regards, Franz

FranzSchenk, Jul 23, 2018
Thema:

Where/how to get a two-factor authenticator that works everwhere?

1. Where/how to get a two-factor authenticator that works everwhere? - Similar Threads - Where factor authenticator

2. TWO FACTOR AUTHENTICATION APP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TWO FACTOR AUTHENTICATION APP: I have come to a disappointing realization that I can no longer access my Facebook account using the authentication app. In an attempt to resolve the issue, I removed the app from my secondary phone, but this step did not alleviate the problem. I have reached out to Facebook...
  3. Two Factor Authentication Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two Factor Authentication Issue: Two Factor Authentication has been forced upon all users who aren't already using it. I have a user that doesn't have a phone, therefore cannot use the authenticator app, and it doesn't even give the option to use a phone number. This user cannot get onto the system and this...
  4. Two Factor Authentication Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two Factor Authentication Issue: Two Factor Authentication has been forced upon all users who aren't already using it. I have a user that doesn't have a phone, therefore cannot use the authenticator app, and it doesn't even give the option to use a phone number. This user cannot get onto the system and this...
  5. Two factor authentication problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two factor authentication problem.: i using my accout since long time. i'm using two factor authentication for privacy purpose. recently i lost my mobile number and can't get that number. thats why i can't access my account properly. what should i do now? where i can prove my identity i have every documents....
  6. Two factor authentication problem.

Two factor authentication problem.: i using my accout since long time. i'm using two factor authentication for privacy purpose. recently i lost my mobile number and can't get that number. thats why i can't access my account properly. what should i do now? where i can prove my identity i have every documents....
  7. Two-factor Authentication Recovery

Two-factor Authentication Recovery: I had 2FA set up on an android phone which is now broken - I did not 'back-up' the Microsoft 2FA app unfortunately. Is there a way to restore the accounts I had on there with my new phone?...
  8. Two-factor Authentication Recovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two-factor Authentication Recovery: I had 2FA set up on an android phone which is now broken - I did not 'back-up' the Microsoft 2FA app unfortunately. Is there a way to restore the accounts I had on there with my new phone?...
  9. Two-factor Authentication Recovery

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. Two Factor Authentication Issue

Two Factor Authentication Issue: I'll start by saying this is a temp account I created specifically to ask this question on the forum. I recently switched mobile devices and I had the Microsoft Authenticator app set up with my actual account on the old phone. When i transferred data to the new phone, i...