Windows 10: Where is "Archive" in Mail app

Discus and support Where is "Archive" in Mail app in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi all, Just started to use the "Mail" app on a new work PC I built with W-10 Pro. Eval. copy Build 14316.rs1 release 160402-2217 I have 5 accounts... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by cfourkays, Apr 13, 2016.

1. cfourkays Win User

Where is "Archive" in Mail app

Hi all,
    Just started to use the "Mail" app on a new work PC I built with W-10 Pro. Eval. copy Build 14316.rs1 release 160402-2217
    I have 5 accounts set up on it and sort of like it.
    The only confusing thing I found, and haven't found an answer, is what happens to messages I send to "Archive".
    Want to spend a day, try Googling that.*Confused
    Pete

:)

cfourkays, Apr 13, 2016

2. " Nokia Simple " theme - where it this theme?

hi,

Some days ago on page
    http://ea.mobile.nokia.com/content/spin/ea/6120c/en/theme/index.xhtml
    or in phone (nokia 6120c) themes/general/download themes/ was very cool theme (light cream white, black fonts) " Nokia Simple ", now its dissapear from this site. Where i can get it?
    or maybe somebody has it and could send to me.

thx

szympek123, Apr 13, 2016
  3. okinawa---01, Apr 13, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

The archive function seems to depend on the type of email account you have. For example, in Gmail it sends a copy of the email to the All Mail folder which then ends up with two copies of the email; in my Outlook mail account there does not appear to be an Archive option; one of my IMAP accounts has an Archive folder which gets used for any emails you choose to archive from the menu.

Hope this helps!

philc43, Apr 13, 2016
  5. Cliff S New Member
    If you are using a (1)Windows account(Outlook or Hotmail) just click (2)"More" and you will see (3)it on the flyout.
    Right click it, to place it in the (4)favorites column.

Where is "Archive" in Mail app [​IMG]

Cliff S, Apr 13, 2016
  6. cfourkays Win User
    OK. Now I see why all the Google quires were all over the place. The concept of "depends on what type of email account you have" weird to me. I've been using Outlook (Office Version), and Windows Live Mail.

My Comcast email accounts have "no" Archive.
    My Gmail does but it doesn't archive.
    My att has no Archive.

Postbox looks pretty good to me right now. I'm moving away from Outlook, great but cumbersome, WLM, OK but will be phased out, Gmail's mail which I don't really like.

I got confused at the many searches that asked what email I was using.

Like: "Well, what email are you using?"
    W-10 Mail app.
    "No, what email?"
    I just told you.
    "*MadWhat's your email address?"
    What difference does that make. Isn't the W-10 Mail app just another email client that accepts all different Domain addresses and treats them all the same as far as what you want to do with them?

"No, it depends on what email address you're trying to set up in the W-10 Mail app"

cfourkays, Apr 13, 2016
  7. Cliff S New Member
    Better said is Email Provider, not address.

Cliff S, Apr 13, 2016
  8. cfourkays Win User

Right. Are you using the Mail app? I don't think its going to work for me. 2 Gmail addresses, 2 of which are work.

cfourkays, Apr 13, 2016
  9. Cliff S New Member
    I have a Hotmail, 1 Outlook alias and a Gmail, all work fine. I also have Outlook 2016, but for quick checks and answers I still use the Universal app.*Smile

Cliff S, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Where is "Archive" in Mail app - Similar Threads - Where Archive Mail

2. Retrieving archived mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Retrieving archived mail: Important emails accidently archived rather than moved to folder. How do I get them back? Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/retrieving-archived-mail/76f61b49-74e9-4c4e-a673-a0d4d44cd17b
  3. Mail App- Gmail applying Archive label to all mails

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App- Gmail applying Archive label to all mails: I am using Win 10 mail app to access my gmail. This recently started happening, I can see all my mails appearing twice - please see below. [img] How do I get rid of the one with the 'Archive' label for current ones as well as future? I remember not setting up any such...
  4. Mail App- Gmail applying Archive label to all mails

in Windows 10 Support
    Mail App- Gmail applying Archive label to all mails: I am using Win 10 mail app to access my gmail. This recently started happening, I can see all my mails appearing twice - please see below. [img] How do I get rid of the one with the 'Archive' label for current ones as well as future? I remember not setting up any such...
  5. Archive folder in Mail app on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Archive folder in Mail app on Windows 10: Hi I am able to archive emails in Microsoft Mail app. But not able to see Archive folder. Not sure where my emails are being archieved. How tomlocate my Archive folder. Please see below snapshot with Archive Folder. [ATTACH]...
  6. Where does Windows Mail store archived emails?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where does Windows Mail store archived emails?: Hi! I tried to use Windows Mail to download and archive some old emails, so I logged in to my email through Windows Mail. I chose a bunch of emails and clicked "archive". To my mild horror the emails disappeared both from the server and from Windows mail. Then I found the...
  7. Change mail app archive location

in Browsers and Email
    Change mail app archive location: I've searched until my fingers are raw... *Sick In the Windows 10 mail app, I want to change the location where the "Archive" button sends the mail to. Currently the default location is the "All Mail" folder, I'd like to change that. Can anyone tell me how to go about that?...
  8. Windows Mail Archive

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Mail Archive: Just moved to this app from windows live mail Accidently hit the archive button, where did the email go? I don't see an archive folder... I do notice when I click on, and enter "all mail" the email is now shown, however if I'm in the inbox it isn't. (Wish I could get rid...
  9. where the archive folder for Windows 10 mail

where the archive folder for Windows 10 mail: where the archive folder for Windows 10 mail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/where-the-archive-folder-for-windows-10-mail/62ec34de-5468-4d36-8b3c-87f0c54c7684
  10. Can't archive e-mails in Windows 10 Mail app

Can't archive e-mails in Windows 10 Mail app: Hi I can't archive my e-mails anymore (gmail) with the Windows 10 Mail app (version 17.9330.21365.0), only the trash icon is appearing. Can anyone help me on this? Thanks in advance Stefan...