Windows 10: Where is Battery Power Pause Option on Slideshow?

Discus and support Where is Battery Power Pause Option on Slideshow? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Now that I've upgraded to Windows 10, I can no longer manage my slideshows for my desktop. In Win 7 and Win 8, I could manage whether or not to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Viren, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Viren Win User

Where is Battery Power Pause Option on Slideshow?

Now that I've upgraded to Windows 10, I can no longer manage my slideshows for my desktop.

In Win 7 and Win 8, I could manage whether or not to shuffle my slideshow and whether to pause the slideshow when on battery power. You can see that screen by looking at my tablet, which is still Win 8.1:

Where is Battery Power Pause Option on Slideshow? [​IMG]

Now both options are missing. I found a forum thread on how to fix the shuffle using regedit, but I have found no way to manage the pausing of the slideshow while on battery power. It is currently stuck on pause. How do I get it unstuck?

This only happens when I am on battery power, not when I have my laptop plugged in. When my laptop is plugged in, the slideshow proceeds like it should.

(I really hope they add both those options back to the options screen on the slideshow...)

Thanks!

:)

Viren, Aug 3, 2015
  2. Mike 1430 Win User

Automatically pause indexing when on battery power?

Does windows have an option to automatically pause indexing when on battery power?

IT SHOULD, in Power Options.

Mike 1430, Aug 3, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Slideshow never changes

I figured it out. The slideshow was set to paused when on battery.

I changed the option in:

control panel - power options - change plan settings - change advanced power settings

Expanded: desktop background settings - slide show

And set: on battery -> to available

Richard_007, Aug 3, 2015
  4. Where is Battery Power Pause Option on Slideshow?

Where is Battery Power Pause Option on Slideshow? [​IMG]

Is this the option you were looking for?
    Let me know i you need help getting here.

joeypent69, Aug 4, 2015
  5. Viren Win User
    Yes! Fantastic. That's not the screen I used before, but that works! Thanks.

Viren, Aug 4, 2015
  6. No problem. Be sure to mark this as solved if this takes care of the issue.

joeypent69, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Where is Battery Power Pause Option on Slideshow?

1. Where is Battery Power Pause Option on Slideshow? - Similar Threads - Where Battery Power

2. No battery power options

in Windows 10 Customization
    No battery power options: No battery power options available. On a side note, my battery does not last long. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-battery-power-options/434b3519-489b-4616-be56-d3eea5e145b4
  3. Where is the option to pause a child's account in Family Safety?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Where is the option to pause a child's account in Family Safety?: Where is the option to pause a child's account in Family Safety? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-the-option-to-pause-a-childs-account-in/3698f60b-f1a8-40ac-9dd9-dba7bcd676e6
  4. Slideshow options

Slideshow options: I created a slideshow for my screensaver and I found a photo that I really like but it looks awkward in the full display mode on the screensaver settings. It looks better in the center display mode but that mode makes the rest of the images look weird. Can I set my slideshow...
  5. Pausing photo slideshow

in Windows 10 Support
    Pausing photo slideshow: How do I pause a picture slideshow? The normal procedure of right clicking and choosing your options doesn't exist on Windows 10 and it's driving me nuts. 130287
  6. Battery Slider vs Power Options

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery Slider vs Power Options: What bearing if any does the slider have on the power options (from control panel) I slid it to better battery but the power plan was still set to balanced? Are they completely independent? I needed to leave my laptop on over night and the fan kept starting up (not sure...
  7. Windows 10 Slideshow not Pausing on Battery

Windows 10 Slideshow not Pausing on Battery: I have read other people having issues with the background slideshow feature, but I think that mine is unique. I have the display background set up to pull from a folder of pictures and to change every day, with the allow slideshow on battery power button turned off, and the...
  8. "Allow slideshow on battery power" turns itself off.

"Allow slideshow on battery power" turns itself off.: So I have my background set to change to another picture in a slideshow once a day, but I often use the laptop unplugged, and the slideshow doesn't change. The first few days I was confused, but then I realized that the option "Allow slideshow when on battery power" was...
  9. How to Pause a Slideshow in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Pause a Slideshow in OneDrive: OneDrive has a useful slideshow feature but there seems to be no way of slowing down the display speed or pausing the display. Am I missing something or is this another product where MS failed to consider how their product would be used? 61601
  10. unable to select use battery power with slideshows

in Windows 10 Support
    unable to select use battery power with slideshows: hi there im going to keep this short so here is what happened i got a wallpaper dump i set it as slideshow the next day(today) i notice it does not change when not plugged in i say to my self hmm i think i enabled battery wallpapers. i go to check the settings it...