Windows 10: Where is my Desktop?

Discus and support Where is my Desktop? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Where is my desktop? I have a Microsoft-forced-on-me desktop that has a bunch of absolutely useless square icons. I want a desktop with my icons on it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TerryNewport, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Where is my Desktop?

Where is my desktop? I have a Microsoft-forced-on-me desktop that has a bunch of absolutely useless square icons. I want a desktop with my icons on it. The suggestions, so far, have been useless also. Nothing happens when I right click on the desktop. Ditto swiping in from the right.

:)

TerryNewport, Aug 26, 2015

2. where is my music? where are my documents? they are not showing in either folder (music or doucments).

Hello Ray,

Thank you for getting back to us with any update.

Usually you can see missing files in Windows.old. However you try to search and failed to find them. Try the below steps and see if it helps you.

* Go to ThisPC,

* When you're on ThisPC, you will find search bar
    on top right of the window. Enter the names of the file which you seen missing. Like music or document files name into the search space.

* Wait till the search completes. If it brings up the missing files, then right click on the file and select
    Open file location. This another way to find the missing files.

Note: Click and expand
    View ribbon on top of the menu and select Hidden items
    check box before you start search.

If it doesn't bring up the files, then it is clear that the files are unavailable on your PC.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Aug 26, 2015
  3. RayGeska Win User
    where is my music? where are my documents? they are not showing in either folder (music or doucments).

thanks for the response. I have tried entering the paths you discussed above.

I am just seeing 'folder is empty' responses. I try the windows.old method and am still seeing 'folder empty'.

I tried selecting hidden items and any folder that shows up just ends up telling me 'folder is empty".

what can I do to find these? thank you again.

RayGeska, Aug 26, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Where is my Desktop?

Brink, Aug 26, 2015
  5. also, check you haven't hit the Task View Button..
    that throws up an almost empty screen, if you've nothing pending..

- can be a bit disturbing, at first when it suddenly appears..

BugMeister, Aug 26, 2015
  6. I have my desktop back. I did the Windows Button + P and tried PC Screen Only - No help, Duplicate - No help, Extend - Bingo. The Whatever desktop full of useless to me icons disappeared and my desktop appeared. Thank you.*Biggrin

TerryNewport, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Where is my Desktop?

1. Where is my Desktop? - Similar Threads - Where Desktop

2. Windows 11 HP Desktop with ASUS Monitor where sound stopped working. Drivers reloaded...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 HP Desktop with ASUS Monitor where sound stopped working. Drivers reloaded...: I use an HP desktop with Windows 11 and an ASUS Gaming Monitor. The sound used to come from the monitor. It just stopped. All sound tests fail. I did Hp diagnostics. No help. The drivers have been reloaded but no sound. Do I need speakers now? I need my sound. Please help....
  3. Windows 11 HP Desktop with ASUS Monitor where sound stopped working. Drivers reloaded...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 HP Desktop with ASUS Monitor where sound stopped working. Drivers reloaded...: I use an HP desktop with Windows 11 and an ASUS Gaming Monitor. The sound used to come from the monitor. It just stopped. All sound tests fail. I did Hp diagnostics. No help. The drivers have been reloaded but no sound. Do I need speakers now? I need my sound. Please help....
  4. Where do i find drives for desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where do i find drives for desktop: So i am reinstalling windows 10 onto my hp pavilion gaming pc, and whenever i go to where do you want to install windows it says “cant find any drivers” i tried downloading drives for my pc onto the flashdrive but none are compatible.. what do i do?...
  5. Where do i find drives for desktop

Where do i find drives for desktop: So i am reinstalling windows 10 onto my hp pavilion gaming pc, and whenever i go to where do you want to install windows it says “cant find any drivers” i tried downloading drives for my pc onto the flashdrive but none are compatible.. what do i do?...
  6. Where do i find drives for desktop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Where are the desktop folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where are the desktop folders: First, I’m stupid when it comes to this stuff. My pc finally died windows 7 home premium. I had another pc that I put the hdd in and made it a secondary drive and it boots, but I can’t find the desktop files that were on. Of course the files are very important documents and...
  8. Where are the desktop folders

Where are the desktop folders: First, I’m stupid when it comes to this stuff. My pc finally died windows 7 home premium. I had another pc that I put the hdd in and made it a secondary drive and it boots, but I can’t find the desktop files that were on. Of course the files are very important documents and...
  9. I received error code: 0x80000003 from Explorer.exe and some icons where removed from desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I received error code: 0x80000003 from Explorer.exe and some icons where removed from desktop: I had a popup titled "explorer.exe - Application Error" that said: "The exception breakpointA breakpoint has been reached.080000003 occurred in the application at location0x00007FFC1119C56CClick OK to terminate the program"After clicking OK my monitor flickered and some of my...
  10. I received error code: 0x80000003 from Explorer.exe and some icons where removed from desktop

I received error code: 0x80000003 from Explorer.exe and some icons where removed from desktop: I had a popup titled "explorer.exe - Application Error" that said: "The exception breakpointA breakpoint has been reached.080000003 occurred in the application at location0x00007FFC1119C56CClick OK to terminate the program"After clicking OK my monitor flickered and some of my...