Windows 10: Where is old Windows scientific calculator?

Discus and support Where is old Windows scientific calculator? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; . I have Win 10 Pro. Is there any way to install the old Windows scientific calculator, as shown in screenshot? Thanks. [img] . 102283 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by OldGrantonian, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Where is old Windows scientific calculator?

I have Win 10 Pro. Is there any way to install the old Windows scientific calculator, as shown in screenshot?

Thanks.

Where is old Windows scientific calculator? [​IMG]

:)

OldGrantonian, Jan 12, 2018

2. Microsoft calculator standard bug

The Windows calculator is not a scientific calculator. It is a calculator meant for everyday use by people who are not scientists. If it pleases you then you can call it a bug but in view of the fact that the calculator has been like this for the last 30
    years, your chances are slim that Microsoft will change its input mode from sequential to scientific.

Frederik Long, Jan 12, 2018
  3. lacrumb Win User
    Windows 10 calculator Enter equals button doesn't work right

My windows 10 calculator has a X and not a *.

Where did you get your calculator?

I got mine from All apps.

Also what setting are you on? Standard, Scientific, Programmer, etc of the 17?

lacrumb, Jan 12, 2018
  4. Barman58 Win User

Where is old Windows scientific calculator?

The new Calculator does have the scientific option the same as the older version if that is the reason for the request.

There is, however, a simple way to get the old style calculator and that is the Winaero Tweaker utility available here ... Winaero - Free small and useful software for Windows

This app gives a simple way to change the look of "annoyances" in Windows 10 and is free - also if you wish you should be able to use the app to make you changes and then uninstall the app and the changes will remain, but I just keep a copy on all my systems for the more technical tweaks

Barman58, Jan 12, 2018
  5. Try3 Win User
    As Barman says, you can do everything using the Scientific mode of the standard Windows 10 Calculator.

Or you can download the old Windows 7 calculator from http://www.softpedia.com/get/Science...lculator.shtml It has never caused me any problems on Windows 10,

Denis

6. Relative to the old calculator, shown in another recent post, the new calculator does not have the following options: inv, int, x^2, dms, yth root of x, x^3, third root of x, scientific notation, exp

I think that's ALL the app does. It does NOT add any apps that are not already part of Windows. It merely changes the APPEARANCE of some apps, and allows you to change some info, such as OEM. I'm sure these are useful features - but not what I'm looking for today.

The app does give some LINKS for apps that you might want to add. For example, if you scroll to the end of the options, there's a section "Get Classic Apps". One of these apps is "Classic Calculator". But, it's just a link to a web page (which is how I eventually found the old calculator).

OldGrantonian, Jan 12, 2018
  7. topgundcp Win User
    Unless I misunderstood the question. What's wrong with the calculator that came installed with win 10 ? It has all options that you can think of:

topgundcp, Jan 13, 2018
  8. Bree New Member

Try using it to find the nth root of a number - the cube root of 8, for example.

9. The post IMMEDIATELY BEFORE yours has your answer Where is old Windows scientific calculator? :)

Thanks.

OldGrantonian, Jan 13, 2018
  10. Try3 Win User
    Bree & OldGrantonian,

The Win10 Calculator can find the nth root of a number. If Windows 10 was not an experimental, undocumented OS this information would have been put in its Help system.

To find, for example, the cube root of 8 in the Scientific mode of the Windows 10 Calculator:-

• Press 8
    • Press the Up arrow [between 1/x and Pi] and you'll see the alternative key labels appear

• Press the y{root}x key
    • Press 3
    • Press =
    [The answer turns out to be 2]

Denis

11. Bree New Member
    Well I never - you live and learn!

12. Golden Win User
    Golden, Jan 13, 2018
  13. Try3 Win User

Glad to be of service.

Denis

14. Great post Where is old Windows scientific calculator? :)

That takes me back to the first HP-35 in 1972. It used Reversed Polish Notation. Very few companies produced RPN calculators after that. It took me 25 years to stop looking for the "Enter" button on other types of calculator (algebraic?). Pushing and popping on the stack made complex calcs very simple, so no parentheses were required. Cost $395. I didn't pay - RR paid.

This post prompted me to look on the iPhone. I found an HP-35 simulator. Cost £1-99. Brilliant. It even has a "click" to emulate the keypress. It was the click that made the HP-35 feel like a Rolls Royce compared with its competitor from Texas Instruments.

The User Manual is here:
    http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~sedwards/hp35colr.pdf

Trivia: The User Manual taught me one of the most accurate approximations for "pi" that I've ever seen: 355/113

The mnemonic is: 11 33 55. In other words, write 113. Then write 355 above that.

Here is the quote from the User Manual regarding the accuracy: 355/113 approximates pi to within 8.47 millionths of one percent. (It makes 22/7 look pretty sad.)

Thanks again for the HP-42S post Where is old Windows scientific calculator? :)

OldGrantonian, Jan 13, 2018
  15. Barman58 Win User
    I can remember a Mathematics teacher setting a project for us, his students to calculate Pi to an many places as we could - I think he expected a maximum of ten to fifteen places. Of course we had access to the school Manframe, and a mischievous nature *Devil - So we got the Mainframe to calculate Pi to one hundred decimal places and copied it out longhand and handed it in when due - I believe it took him several days to manually calculate to check we were correct *Eek

These days High accuracy Pi figures are just a google away ...

100,000 Digits of Pi

Our mischievous antics did cause some problems like the time we removed all the fixing screws from the partition wall between two temporary classrooms *Zip or connected all the piping feeding the Bunsen burners in the Chem lab to the cold water main *092

Barman58, Jan 13, 2018
Thema:

1. Where is old Windows scientific calculator? - Similar Threads - Where old scientific

2. WHERE IS THE CALCULATOR IN WINDOWS 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHERE IS THE CALCULATOR IN WINDOWS 11?: I had the calculator before I had to Reset my computer. Now can't find it anywhere.Haven't had this computer very long & I'm not sure I like Windows 11.Lots of **** I don't want, or need & continued efforts to prevent access to windows files....
  3. WHERE IS THE CALCULATOR IN WINDOWS 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WHERE IS THE CALCULATOR IN WINDOWS 11?: I had the calculator before I had to Reset my computer. Now can't find it anywhere.Haven't had this computer very long & I'm not sure I like Windows 11.Lots of **** I don't want, or need & continued efforts to prevent access to windows files....
  4. Windows 10 Scientific calculator bug???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Scientific calculator bug???: I am using Calculator version 10.2103.8.0 that came with Windows 10.The Scientific calculator provides the ability to enter angles in degrees, radians, or grads to calculate the sine, cosine, tangent, etc. When using the inverse trig functions the result is converted to the...
  5. Windows 10 Scientific calculator bug???

Windows 10 Scientific calculator bug???: I am using Calculator version 10.2103.8.0 that came with Windows 10.The Scientific calculator provides the ability to enter angles in degrees, radians, or grads to calculate the sine, cosine, tangent, etc. When using the inverse trig functions the result is converted to the...
  6. Is there a FREE scientific calculator emulator software i can download?

Is there a FREE scientific calculator emulator software i can download?: Hi everyone, m sorry that m asking more questions than writing answers here, but this is the ONLY forum where people are decent and don't fight over petty stuff. I love this forum and really don't want to go anywhere else for my answers, most other forums are full of rude...
  7. How do I enter numbers in scientific notation in the calculator?

How do I enter numbers in scientific notation in the calculator?: I want to calculate the pH of a solution knowing its [H+} using the formula pH = -log({H+], where [H+] is 6.5x10^-5. is there a simple way to enter 6.5e-5, and the rest of this calculation?...
  8. Where is cube root in windows calculator

Where is cube root in windows calculator: where in the world is cube root in windows ca;culator https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-cube-root-in-windows-calculator/e3d13859-00e6-4236-9c17-1fc33f655584
  9. Need Old Calculator

Need Old Calculator: Howdy, I want to use the old calculator from Windows 8.1 in Windows 10. The new metro app is pretty slow and ugly, I think. I copied calc.exe from System32 and SysWOW64 folder of Windows 8.1 to my Windows 10 but it won't run. I searched the web for a whole day for a...
  10. where is calculator in the Windows 10 start menu?

where is calculator in the Windows 10 start menu?: I looked online but it just said click on the start menu and type in calc.exe. I am looking for where it is in the start menu instead of where to access it. 72647