Windows 10: Where is "Show on Desktop"

Discus and support Where is "Show on Desktop" in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In W7 and the early versions of W10 you could right click on "My Computer", "Network" and "{your} Files" possibly other and select "Show on Desktop",... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jimmyb, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Jimmyb Win User

Where is "Show on Desktop"

In W7 and the early versions of W10 you could right click on "My Computer", "Network" and "{your} Files" possibly other and select "Show on Desktop", in W7 this could also be done from the Start Menu. This would enable you to have the actual folder/library available instead of a shortcut. Though these items are visible in the Desktop Folder, (open Recycle Bin and move up one level) there is no easy way (that I can find) that will allow you to make them visible on your Desktop - thoughts please.

:)

Jimmyb, Oct 27, 2017

2. " Nokia Simple " theme - where it this theme?

hi,

Some days ago on page
    http://ea.mobile.nokia.com/content/spin/ea/6120c/en/theme/index.xhtml
    or in phone (nokia 6120c) themes/general/download themes/ was very cool theme (light cream white, black fonts) " Nokia Simple ", now its dissapear from this site. Where i can get it?
    or maybe somebody has it and could send to me.

thx

szympek123, Oct 27, 2017
  3. okinawa---01, Oct 27, 2017
  4. Edwin New Member

Where is "Show on Desktop" [​IMG]

Edwin, Oct 27, 2017
  5. Jimmyb Win User
    Edwin many thanks, this must have been the only link I did not click on.

Jimmyb, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Where is "Show on Desktop" - Similar Threads - Where Show Desktop

2. Where are the desktop folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where are the desktop folders: First, I’m stupid when it comes to this stuff. My pc finally died windows 7 home premium. I had another pc that I put the hdd in and made it a secondary drive and it boots, but I can’t find the desktop files that were on. Of course the files are very important documents and...
  3. Where are the desktop folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where are the desktop folders: First, I’m stupid when it comes to this stuff. My pc finally died windows 7 home premium. I had another pc that I put the hdd in and made it a secondary drive and it boots, but I can’t find the desktop files that were on. Of course the files are very important documents and...
  4. Where is "Desktop"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is "Desktop"?: 1. I like a nice clean desktop, with no icons, no shortcuts, no files are kept on it for more than two minutes, as I hope can be seen from the background.2. When I click on the desktop icon on the left-hand pane of File Explorer... this folder is empty. When I look in the...
  5. Where is "Desktop"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where is "Desktop"?: 1. I like a nice clean desktop, with no icons, no shortcuts, no files are kept on it for more than two minutes, as I hope can be seen from the background.2. When I click on the desktop icon on the left-hand pane of File Explorer... this folder is empty. When I look in the...
  6. where is my desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    where is my desktop: my 'desktop' is gone. I don't even see my taskbar. my taskbar has back, search, cortana, and some ladder. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-my-desktop/f1b4c086-f605-4aca-aa81-2da80f124880
  7. Where is my desktop?

Where is my desktop?: What screen is my desktop screen? How do I delete all of the history I have visited? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-my-desktop/2117a6e8-35c0-4d14-861b-edf4d5c3a272
  8. Where's my desktop?

Where's my desktop?: Today's date is 8/25/2018. I just took a 1-hour nap. When I returned to work on this computer, everything on my display had been changed. All my icons were gone. I asked my wife about it; she hadn't been near my computer. The whole environment is now alien; explorer windows...
  9. Where Desktop BG Location ?

Where Desktop BG Location ?: I Want Remove Pictures in Red Circle Because I Accident Click "Set As Desktop BG" But I Can't Find Location I Always Use Slideshow 70548
  10. Where is my Desktop?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where is my Desktop?: Where is my desktop? I have a Microsoft-forced-on-me desktop that has a bunch of absolutely useless square icons. I want a desktop with my icons on it. The suggestions, so far, have been useless also. Nothing happens when I right click on the desktop. Ditto swiping in from...