Windows 10: where is the control panel?

Discus and support where is the control panel? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; this is probably a dumb question, but I want to delete a program and can't find the control panel. I've looked in settings but don't see it anywhere.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mapa, Aug 5, 2015.

1. mapa Win User

where is the control panel?

this is probably a dumb question, but I want to delete a program and can't find the control panel. I've looked in settings but don't see it anywhere.

:)

mapa, Aug 5, 2015

2. where do I find where the control panel is

I want to scan an item and a pop up states I need to go to the control panel , open mail, click show profiles and then click add. I can't find how to get to the control panel, when I was on the old windows it had everything on the left side, now its gone.
    HELP

PatriciaSkowron, Aug 5, 2015
  3. where do I find where the control panel is

Right click the start button and select control Panel should do so.

In addition Cortana can also find it.

hope that helps.

Sumit Dhiman2, Aug 5, 2015
  4. where is the control panel?

hi,
    welcome to the forum

right hand click on the start button, one of the options is control panel

or select the top option, programs and features, from this list to get the app list quickly

paulsalter, Aug 5, 2015
  5. cbwilsha Win User
    Or ask Cortana to "Open Control Panel". *Rolleyes

cbwilsha, Aug 5, 2015
  6. mapa Win User
    Oh! this answers so many questions. Never even thought of right clicking. Haha. thank you so much!

mapa, Aug 5, 2015
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
  8. where is the control panel?

Ditto on the Cortana search. It is very good when finding things. It's almost faster since I type so fast.

GamerwGlasses, Aug 5, 2015
  9. mapa Win User
    oh, don't bring that up! Cortana doesn't listen to me!

mapa, Aug 5, 2015
  10. dencal Win User
    To put Control Panel on taskbar type "Control Panel" in Cortana, open it, minimise to taskbar, right click on it to pin to taskbar.

dencal, Feb 16, 2016
  11. The first thing I do when I get a new computer is to add COntrol Panel as a desktop shortcut.

1. Right click desktop
    2. Select personalize
    3 Change Desktop shortcuts
    4. Desktop Icon check the box for Control Panel and it will display on your desktop

orlbuckeye, Feb 16, 2016
  12. caperjack Win User
    This is an old thread from last year

caperjack, Feb 16, 2016
  13. AndreyT Win User

What's the importance of minimizing it? It pins perfectly fine without minimizing. Just right-click its taskbar entry and choose "Pin to taskbar".

AndreyT, Feb 17, 2016
  14. AndreyT Win User
    There's no such concept as "old thread" in a technical forum. Especially in the era of all-seeing search engines.

AndreyT, Feb 17, 2016
  15. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Yep, any helpful comments or suggestions are always welcomed to be added no matter how old a thread is. *Smile

Brink, Feb 17, 2016
Thema:

1. where is the control panel? - Similar Threads - where control panel

2. where is the control panel for windows 10 version 22h2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    where is the control panel for windows 10 version 22h2: where is the control panel for windows 10 version 22h2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-the-control-panel-for-windows-10-version/faf075a9-ee7d-4fde-92e3-d5918c098c6b
  3. where is the control panel for windows 10 version 22h2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    where is the control panel for windows 10 version 22h2: where is the control panel for windows 10 version 22h2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-the-control-panel-for-windows-10-version/faf075a9-ee7d-4fde-92e3-d5918c098c6b
  4. where is the control panel for windows 10 version 22h2

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. where is control panel in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    where is control panel in windows 11: where is control panel in windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-control-panel-in-windows-11/48e60140-134b-4c83-ae94-c0d0f61e8c8b
  6. where is control panel in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    where is control panel in windows 11: where is control panel in windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-control-panel-in-windows-11/48e60140-134b-4c83-ae94-c0d0f61e8c8b
  7. Where are the old Control Panel items?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where are the old Control Panel items?: Does anyone know how i can get the old Control Panel applets/menus in Windows 10 like Display and Default Programs? I know how to get the old Personalisation settings, i just wondered where the rest of the Control Panel pages have gone. Also btw sorry for the terrible...
  8. Where is the HDMI port in the Control Panel?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Where is the HDMI port in the Control Panel?: My motherboard has an HDMI port on the back. It does not seem to work. I want to see if it enabled in the Windows Control Panel or Device Manager, but I cannot find it. Can anyone tell me where to find it? Thank you for your help. 43862
  9. Where is Dim Display in Control Panel?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where is Dim Display in Control Panel?: Hey Guys, I just got a new system , I always had in power options in control panel to "DIM THE DISPLAY" and now in win 10 there is no option to dim the display .. I thought it had to do with the Nvida driver .. or something like that ... Anyone know how to add this option?...
  10. Strange - where is control panel?

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange - where is control panel?: Have two laptops - installed Win 10 on old one a while back and now on my new one. On the old one, I have an icon for control panel - on the new one I do not and can find no way to get to control panel. Among other things, I want to disable my touch pad but can find no...