Windows 10: Where is the Taskbar & Start Menu Properties in the Anniversary Update

Discus and support Where is the Taskbar & Start Menu Properties in the Anniversary Update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In 1511 I right clicked in the Start field and it brought up a Properties link. Then there were lots of configuration setting for the Start screen.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TV2, Aug 13, 2016.

1. TV2
    TV2 Win User

Where is the Taskbar & Start Menu Properties in the Anniversary Update

In 1511 I right clicked in the Start field and it brought up a Properties link. Then there were lots of configuration setting for the Start screen. That no longer works.

To the point, before I was able to hide the Apps column and access it by clicking All Apps. I'd like to reset that back.

Possible now?

:)

2. Where is the Start menu tab in Taskbar properties in Windows 10?

Click the Windows key and type "Use start full screen" (it will suggest it to you before you finish) and configure your Start menu as you wish.

Kind regards.

Simón DaríoValdivia, Aug 13, 2016
  3. Where is the Start menu tab in Taskbar properties in Windows 10?

Yeah, I did try it but it scrolls vertically and I need it horizontally. Pls help

MohammedZiyad, Aug 13, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

No, sorry. People keep asking.. this is a design change by MS as you will see if you search the web for articles e.g.
    "what has changed in the windows anniversary edition"

e.g.
    How to change START look, cant remove all app mode - Windows 10 Forums

If you don't like it, I recommend using a 3rd party start menu. The Win 10 start menu fails miserably in representing a Win 7 style start menu folder structure using subfolders.

dalchina, Aug 13, 2016
  5. TV2
    TV2 Win User
    Heavy Sigh
    Yes, you are correct.
    The message has been quite clear for the past year: "Your preferences are not important. Just get used to it."

6. dalchina New Member
    ...MS is on a mission. Cross platform compatibility with one offering. But it's also had to backtrack a bit. Windows is less flexible than it was in some ways, exp. appearance.

You are still free to install a 3rd party menu. I use Classic Shell- it just works.

dalchina, Aug 13, 2016
  7. TV2
    TV2 Win User
    I've played with those, including classic shell. It's just not so important I need to invest the time.
    My only beef is that this PC is in an office setting, and when I fire it up in the morning to get some work done I don't need to be dealing with my workspace changing without notice (or permission).

Thema:

1. Where is the Taskbar & Start Menu Properties in the Anniversary Update - Similar Threads - Where Taskbar Start

2. Where are the Settings/Properties for Win10's Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where are the Settings/Properties for Win10's Start Menu?: And what's up with all the errors when I click on All Apps, and one of the Apps?I often can't uninstall Microsoft apps even though there is an uninstall button. Its typically grayed out. Can I change the Start Menu so it doesn't look so useless? I want what it like it used to...
  3. Where are the Settings/Properties for Win10's Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where are the Settings/Properties for Win10's Start Menu?: And what's up with all the errors when I click on All Apps, and one of the Apps?I often can't uninstall Microsoft apps even though there is an uninstall button. Its typically grayed out. Can I change the Start Menu so it doesn't look so useless? I want what it like it used to...
  4. Where are the Settings/Properties for Win10's Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. No "All Apps" in Start Menu after Anniversary Update!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No "All Apps" in Start Menu after Anniversary Update!: So I just updated to the latest Windows Update upon a prompt. (Automatically in other words.) This added the Anniversary Update as well, which changed the Start Menu somewhat. There is one problem though, it doesn't work as intended. I was under the impression that "All Apps"...
  6. No taskbar properties in the context menu of the taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    No taskbar properties in the context menu of the taskbar: Hi guys, Yesterday I installed Windows 10 Pro and after sometime I noticed that when I right-click on the taskbar I don't have "Properties" option which normally should be. Could you please help me to sort it out. Thank you. 62126
  7. Where are Win 10 Start Menu Program Properties (like "Start in")?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where are Win 10 Start Menu Program Properties (like "Start in")?: Guys, I was just forced at work to change my beloved Win 7 box to Win 10 spyware as a service. One aspect of Win 10 that I cannot figure out is how I can access Properties for the programs that I have added to the Start Menu. In Win 7, if I left click on the Start Menu,...
  8. Start menu after the anniversary update

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu after the anniversary update: Hello As mentioned I updated my windows 10 yesterday, it took a while but finally it went all good. However some things are bugging me crazy after the process. The menu start before the update used to show only the tiles, now after the new version being brought the...
  9. Anniversary Update - Clean Install. Start menu anomaly

in Windows 10 Support
    Anniversary Update - Clean Install. Start menu anomaly: Hi all, Wondering if anyone else has experienced an icon display issue on their start menu with the 1607 update? I have just clean installed (and fully updated) the 1607 Anniversary Update on 2 PC's and both are experiencing an identical issue with their start menu. The...
  10. "Taskbar and Start Menu Properties" have no "Start Menu" tab anymore??

in Windows 10 Support
    "Taskbar and Start Menu Properties" have no "Start Menu" tab anymore??: Here's a screenshot of "Taskbar and Start Menu Properties" dialog from a fresh clean install of Windows 10 Pro x64 [img] As you can see, despite its name, it does not have a tab for "Start Menu". I remember that Preview versions of Windows 10 had a "Start Menu" tab. Did...