Where is the Windows 10 autocorrect library

Discus and support Where is the Windows 10 autocorrect library in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm having a problem with the Windows 10 autocorrect (not in the Office products, but in Windows overall). Somehow, when I type in the word "aging"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MrFine775, Jul 12, 2018.

1. MrFine775 Win User

I'm having a problem with the Windows 10 autocorrect (not in the Office products, but in Windows overall).

Somehow, when I type in the word "aging" it autocorrects to "Zhong", all the time. Now, Zhong is the name of a friend of mine, and the system pulled this name from emails. But as you might imagine, I rarely want to type in his name outside of email.

I've looked into the dictionary located in ' %AppData%\Microsoft\Spelling ' and actually removed this word (Zhong). But Windows still replaces 'aging' with his name.

So, how can I edit this master library to stop the problem? It's not in the SETTINGS/DEVICES/TYPING panel.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

:)

MrFine775, Jul 12, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 12, 2018
  3. Erika Aro Win User
    Autocorrect in Win10... basically non-existent(?)

Hi,

Notepad is a simple text-editing program that allows minimal formatting and limited to simple text entry. Meanwhile, the autocorrect in Windows 10 can be enabled or disabled by following the steps below:

• Type Devices in Cortana search and press Enter.
    • Click Typing beside the keyboard icon.

Each program has their own autocorrect features, from Windows built-in applications, web browsers, to installed applications. We suggest that you contact the application support to know more about their features.

Feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Erika Aro, Jul 12, 2018
  4. Jefferson Ore Win User

Autocorrect in Win10... basically non-existent(?)

In this case, we suggest following the steps below to work around the issue:

• On the Cortana search box, type Typing Settings and press
      Enter.
    • Turn off Autocorrect misspelled words and Highlight misspelled words.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Do step 1 and 2 but this time turn on Autocorrect misspelled words
      and Highlight misspelled words.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Check if the issue still exist.

If you have questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Jul 12, 2018
Thema:

1. Where is the Windows 10 autocorrect library - Similar Threads - Where autocorrect library

2. I realize this is microsoft USERs - but, there is no where else.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I realize this is microsoft USERs - but, there is no where else.: STOP **** WITH MY PC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everything MS does SCREWS my computer - EVERYTIME. Stupid **** like changing my monitors, deleting my desktop icons, putting a red X on my sound (sound is fine, all services running fine) YOU STUPID, IGNORANT, USELESS,...
  3. Where i can Download Windows 10 Lean (CloudE) ISO File

Where i can Download Windows 10 Lean (CloudE) ISO File: Hy man! How are you? I hope all is going well. Will anyone tell me where I can download Windows 10 Lean ISO File? Because I have very slow pc. Now Windows 10 official version hang every time whenever I run a huge program. So, That's way am going to installing windows 10...
  4. Windows 10 Hero animated wallpaper - Where can i get one?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Hero animated wallpaper - Where can i get one?: Where/How can i get an HIGH DEFINITION Windows 10 Hero animated wallpaper? I want one for wallpaperengine. *Huh 114205
  5. Where can I find unsaved files after Windows restart?

Where can I find unsaved files after Windows restart?: I was working all day (13 hours) mainly using notepad, and left the computer a few moments to get something to eat. When I came back, the PC had entered sleep mode, and when hitting a key the PC blue screened with the message "Restarting...", and then it used an hour or two...
  6. Where did my backgrounds go?

Where did my backgrounds go?: For no apparent reason tonight my desktop wallpaper changed from a series of images that I have taken to a black screen. I opened the background settings to find a brand new layout staring at me. Digging through my C:\ drive I find no more trace of the backgrounds folder...
  7. How do I get Snipping Tool to stay where I put it?

How do I get Snipping Tool to stay where I put it?: Is there an option somewhere to tell/force the Snipping Tool to live on my screen where I put it and to NOT overlay over the spot I just snipped? I get very tired of moving it out of the way and get the "New" button somewhere that I can easily press it for the next shot I...
  8. All my files where deleted from my computer by factory eset

All my files where deleted from my computer by factory eset: I wanted to factory reset my computer, i ONLY wanted to erase games, files that i MADE, and such things. After i factory reset, it asked me if i wanted to keep or delete key files, and i pressed on reject. After, i got logged in as administrator, and as soon as i get logged...
  9. where do i find utilities?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    where do i find utilities?: I'm trying to find utilities so I can hook up my printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/where-do-i-find-utilities/ae8a05b1-f814-45f4-b08c-16538f195dbc
  10. I can not save videos from an external disc of a camcorder to my computer , where do I go...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can not save videos from an external disc of a camcorder to my computer , where do I go...: I am trying to save videos from a camcorder to my computer with the external disc from the camera, where or how do I save them to my computer ?...