Windows 10: Where is the Windows 10 autocorrect library

Discus and support Where is the Windows 10 autocorrect library in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm having a problem with the Windows 10 autocorrect (not in the Office products, but in Windows overall). Somehow, when I type in the word "aging"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MrFine775, Jul 12, 2018.

1. MrFine775 Win User

Where is the Windows 10 autocorrect library

I'm having a problem with the Windows 10 autocorrect (not in the Office products, but in Windows overall).

Somehow, when I type in the word "aging" it autocorrects to "Zhong", all the time. Now, Zhong is the name of a friend of mine, and the system pulled this name from emails. But as you might imagine, I rarely want to type in his name outside of email.

I've looked into the dictionary located in ' %AppData%\Microsoft\Spelling ' and actually removed this word (Zhong). But Windows still replaces 'aging' with his name.

So, how can I edit this master library to stop the problem? It's not in the SETTINGS/DEVICES/TYPING panel.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

:)

MrFine775, Jul 12, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 12, 2018
  3. Erika Aro Win User
    Autocorrect in Win10... basically non-existent(?)

Hi,

Notepad is a simple text-editing program that allows minimal formatting and limited to simple text entry. Meanwhile, the autocorrect in Windows 10 can be enabled or disabled by following the steps below:

• Type Devices in Cortana search and press Enter.
    • Click Typing beside the keyboard icon.

Each program has their own autocorrect features, from Windows built-in applications, web browsers, to installed applications. We suggest that you contact the application support to know more about their features.

Feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Erika Aro, Jul 12, 2018
  4. Where is the Windows 10 autocorrect library

Autocorrect in Win10... basically non-existent(?)

In this case, we suggest following the steps below to work around the issue:

• On the Cortana search box, type Typing Settings and press
      Enter.
    • Turn off Autocorrect misspelled words and Highlight misspelled words.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Do step 1 and 2 but this time turn on Autocorrect misspelled words
      and Highlight misspelled words.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Check if the issue still exist.

If you have questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Jul 12, 2018
Thema:

Where is the Windows 10 autocorrect library

1. Where is the Windows 10 autocorrect library - Similar Threads - Where autocorrect library

2. In Windows 10, where is the autocorrect file?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    In Windows 10, where is the autocorrect file?: In Windows 10, where is the autocorrect file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-windows-10-where-is-the-autocorrect-file/6f7e3dd1-7b4d-4393-945d-d34571972743
  3. In Windows 10, where is the autocorrect file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In Windows 10, where is the autocorrect file?: In Windows 10, where is the autocorrect file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-windows-10-where-is-the-autocorrect-file/6f7e3dd1-7b4d-4393-945d-d34571972743
  4. In Windows 10, where is the autocorrect file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Autocorrect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Autocorrect: My autocorrector works perfectly on word, but it doesnt't work on any other app. I looked on settings, but I can't find a way of solving it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/autocorrect/f6a2ab9b-6820-47d1-8eb6-9798dad1ae76
  6. Where to find my library on windows

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Where to find my library on windows: I have purchased a number of films and tv series through my xbox 360. Now I want to watch them on my PC but am unable to find my library. Where can I find them?...
  7. Autocorrect

in Windows 10 Customization
    Autocorrect: I have been trying to figure out a way to make the software stop autocorrecting the name Aasim to Wasim on my laptop, but I cannot find a method that works. At all. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/autocorrect/3c408d10-51b1-4950-86f4-b0f83dae4a06
  8. Autocorrect

in Windows 10 Customization
    Autocorrect: How do I stop Word in Windows 10 from capitalizing the first letter of a line of type? I want to corect my own mistakes, when they are mistakes. And where to I see an answer to my question? I would love to get email at *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  9. Where is the library icon?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where is the library icon?: i have installed the latest version in the microsoft store. I can't upload photos [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-the-library-icon/10711ae9-efdf-4533-8e02-00aa44bb4952
  10. OneNote No AutoCorrect?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    OneNote No AutoCorrect?: Hey what's up, just got Windows 10 and everything is working great. I noticed that OneNote came with Windows 10? However I can't seem to find any features that came with the OneNote in W8 such as simple auto correct or right click to auto correct. What's going on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows autocorrect

2. autocorrect library windows

3. what is autocorrect library

4. autocorrect library,
  5. auto correct library windows10,
  6. w10 autocorrect library