Windows 10: Where is the Windows 10 autocorrect library

Discus and support Where is the Windows 10 autocorrect library in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm having a problem with the Windows 10 autocorrect (not in the Office products, but in Windows overall). Somehow, when I type in the word "aging"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MrFine775, Jul 12, 2018.

1. MrFine775 Win User

Where is the Windows 10 autocorrect library

I'm having a problem with the Windows 10 autocorrect (not in the Office products, but in Windows overall).

Somehow, when I type in the word "aging" it autocorrects to "Zhong", all the time. Now, Zhong is the name of a friend of mine, and the system pulled this name from emails. But as you might imagine, I rarely want to type in his name outside of email.

I've looked into the dictionary located in ' %AppData%\Microsoft\Spelling ' and actually removed this word (Zhong). But Windows still replaces 'aging' with his name.

So, how can I edit this master library to stop the problem? It's not in the SETTINGS/DEVICES/TYPING panel.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

:)

MrFine775, Jul 12, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 12, 2018
  3. Erika Aro Win User
    Autocorrect in Win10... basically non-existent(?)

Hi,

Notepad is a simple text-editing program that allows minimal formatting and limited to simple text entry. Meanwhile, the autocorrect in Windows 10 can be enabled or disabled by following the steps below:

• Type Devices in Cortana search and press Enter.
    • Click Typing beside the keyboard icon.

Each program has their own autocorrect features, from Windows built-in applications, web browsers, to installed applications. We suggest that you contact the application support to know more about their features.

Feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Erika Aro, Jul 12, 2018
  4. Jefferson Ore Win User

Autocorrect in Win10... basically non-existent(?)

In this case, we suggest following the steps below to work around the issue:

• On the Cortana search box, type Typing Settings and press
      Enter.
    • Turn off Autocorrect misspelled words and Highlight misspelled words.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Do step 1 and 2 but this time turn on Autocorrect misspelled words
      and Highlight misspelled words.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Check if the issue still exist.

If you have questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Jul 12, 2018
Thema:

1. Where is the Windows 10 autocorrect library - Similar Threads - Where autocorrect library

2. Though "autocorrect" is stopped in Windows 10 (Home Edition) it is still correcting and...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Though "autocorrect" is stopped in Windows 10 (Home Edition) it is still correcting and...: Though "autocorrect" is stopped in Windows 10 (Home Edition) it is still correcting and marking my typings in all of my Apps I am currently using. What is wrong with Win 10? Spelling and autocorrecting options in all of my used applications, be it on desktop or in the...
  3. Windows Store Library

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Store Library: Hello Everyone, I'm wondering if there is any way to permanently delete apps in the Windows store library? I have uninstalled many apps, like games and such and when I want to install it again it says you own this app/ game. When I install the app/ or game it will make me...
  4. OneNote No AutoCorrect?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    OneNote No AutoCorrect?: Hey what's up, just got Windows 10 and everything is working great. I noticed that OneNote came with Windows 10? However I can't seem to find any features that came with the OneNote in W8 such as simple auto correct or right click to auto correct. What's going on...
  5. Windows 10 Homegroup Pictures Library "Working on it"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Homegroup Pictures Library "Working on it": I have two computers in a Homegroup. I have been able to share files with no issue between the two - except today I noticed that I get a "Working on it" message and File Explorer hangs when trying to pull up the Pictures library from one of the computers. The other libraries...
  6. Libraries

in Windows 10 Support
    Libraries: Libraries have just appeared in explorer how do I hide them please 42674
  7. Win 10 Tablet Keyboard - No autocorrection or predictions or caps?

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Tablet Keyboard - No autocorrection or predictions or caps?: Posted here originally not realizing it wqs a tutorial and doesmt get much action. but was wondering about the functionality of the Win10 tablet keyboard and whether others are experoencing the same issues or if i simply have a settings ossue somewhere. yes, im typing...
  8. Change Library Icon in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Library Icon in Windows 10: Heya Brink! I'm having trouble with this, at first it said you had published this (the forum site said, yeah that's right, it told me so...! lol but seriously...) on March 12th of 2017, but now I realize that might just have been a touchup or edit because now I se it was back...
  9. Include Folder to Library in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Include Folder to Library in Windows 10: See the attachments. My 'IT' guy assures me that our Windows 2008 server (F: drive) is indexed on the server itself. In Capture112 when you right click on F: drive from my pc you see "Allow files on this drive to have contents indexed in addition to file properties," and...
  10. Libraries ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Libraries ?: Have Libraries gone in the latest build ? I seem to remember that they were hidden in earlier ones, but now I can't seem to find them. I don't use them myself - just playing around trying out things and haven't come across them. 4028