Windows 10: Where is the Wireless Network Properties window from W7?

Discus and support Where is the Wireless Network Properties window from W7? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I've had real trouble locating this particular window in Windows 10. The only way I can get to it is if I create a manual entry for a wireless... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by randallfloyd99, Nov 17, 2016.

1. Where is the Wireless Network Properties window from W7?

Hi,

I've had real trouble locating this particular window in Windows 10. The only way I can get to it is if I create a manual entry for a wireless network. In Windows 7 you used to be able to get to it for existing wireless networks that I had previously connected to. Does anyone have any idea how to get to it? Many thanks

Where is the Wireless Network Properties window from W7? [​IMG]

:)

randallfloyd99, Nov 17, 2016
  2. DcD79 Win User

Surface Pro 4 WiFi Slow Connectivity

Hi,

When i follow the steps, i get to here:

Method 2:

Remove and re-create the wireless network connection

To remove and re-create the wireless network connection, follow these steps:

1.Click Start, type ncpa.cpl, and then hit
    Enter

2.Right-click your wireless network connection, and then click
    Properties

3.Click the Wireless Networks tab.

This is where it breaks down as there is no Wireless networks tab. There is no preferred networks option.

This is Windows 10

DcD79, Nov 17, 2016
  3. why does a "Known Network" not show any properties

No, i am looking at "manage known networks." My 5Ghz network has no properties listed/

yes, a wireless network/connection. what do you want to do, delete one or what?

type in Cortana manage known network or task tray wireless network icon and do this

seahawks65, Nov 17, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

Where is the Wireless Network Properties window from W7?

5. I know how to view a list of previously connected networks, but if I want to edit the settings of that SSID, I have to delete it and re-create it manually. Whereas on W7 it was easily accessible in the window that I posted.

randallfloyd99, Nov 17, 2016
  6. Bongo Win User
    To change the SSID it's done in the router setup page.

Look at the screenshots below will show you how to get to that same window.

Jerry

Bongo, Nov 17, 2016
  7. bro67 Win User
    It is still in the adapter icon in the task area as it has always been since XP. You can also pull it up in the Control Panel.

bro67, Nov 17, 2016
  8. Where is the Wireless Network Properties window from W7?

I'm not seeing this as the same as W7. The last screenshot above will only allow you to change the properties of a network you're already connected to, not the same as the W7 functionality.

randallfloyd99, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Where is the Wireless Network Properties window from W7?

1. Where is the Wireless Network Properties window from W7? - Similar Threads - Where Wireless Network

2. W10 from W7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 from W7: Cant seem to get W10 to install. it loads up perfectly fine, up until blue screen. then it just... stops. the pop up i get says ''Windows 10 installation has failed.'' ive tried everything the internet has to offer and nothing works. help me out here......
  3. W10 from W7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 from W7: Cant seem to get W10 to install. it loads up perfectly fine, up until blue screen. then it just... stops. the pop up i get says ''Windows 10 installation has failed.'' ive tried everything the internet has to offer and nothing works. help me out here......
  4. W10 from W7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Copy properties from properties window

in Windows 10 Customization
    Copy properties from properties window: Hi, is there any way to copy data from such or similar windows? I need them in any editable format, like xls, csv, word, whatever. I mean similar to "Member of" section [ATTACH]...
  6. How to change a network channel in my wireless network properties

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change a network channel in my wireless network properties: I have low bandwidth and I heard that some neighbors may be on the same channel.. currently Network Channel 11. How do I change it to another "less occupied" channel. My IP settings are Automatic (DHCP) and the Network Channel "11" is greyed out?...
  7. 'Network Address' property not displaying for wireless adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    'Network Address' property not displaying for wireless adapter: If you go to the "Device Manager" control panel window, and open the 'Network Adapters' drop down, there is a list of different Network Adapters. My goal was to change the MAC address on my wireless adapter that I use to connect to the wifi. You can do this by displaying the...
  8. windows 10 networking with w7

windows 10 networking with w7: w7 can send files to and from w10 pc but w10 pc says you do not have permission to access this computer, that is windows 7 pc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-networking-with-w7/5aacca84-7aa9-4244-818a-a7337d147da2
  9. restore wireless property

restore wireless property: restore wireless property https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-wireless-property/138caa7c-1cbe-40e4-8c9f-358b08d8cf81
  10. W7 and W10 networking/sharing on home network

W7 and W10 networking/sharing on home network: Unfortunately my laptop had to be rolled back to W7 due to driver issues after the version 1803 update. Now I cannot get my home networking sharing working. I can see both computers but get "you do not have permission to access>>>>" warning on both pc when trying to access...