Windows 10: Where monitor input settings-issue with waking up after sleep

Discus and support Where monitor input settings-issue with waking up after sleep in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Novice- talk slow to me please I have turned off all sleep options- and that may solve the problem In my case it may have been an easier resolve... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by browntbdd, Nov 29, 2017.

1. browntbdd Win User

Where monitor input settings-issue with waking up after sleep

Novice- talk slow to me please

I have turned off all sleep options- and that may solve the problem

In my case it may have been an easier resolve if i could figure out where to change monitor setting to VGA

I would attempt to wake up CPU
    shake mouse
    enter on keyboard
    turn screen on and off

FAIL

BUT- I would notice that before monitor went blank with no input found that there were 2 options

- DVI
    and
    -VGA

My 27 inch HD monitor is plugged into VGA (I have no other input on this CPU)

But- there is an arrow pointing towards DVI

Maybe if I could figure out how to get that arrow pointing towards VGA that would fix problem?

I cannot hit anything on the keyboard at this point to get that cursor to move

Thank You

:)

browntbdd, Nov 29, 2017
  2. OmriSh Win User

HDMI Audio not recognized (In some cases)

Hi,

I have recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10, and it's seems like Windows 10 having issues with my LCD monitor.

I turn the computer
    on while the monitor is not set to the computer's HDMI input, then I switch the input to the computer's
    but Windows 10 does not recognize the HDMI Audio (but it recognize the screen, and showing the picture on the screen).

I came out with a temporary solution, I set the computer to Sleep mode, wake it up (with the monitor set on the computer's HDMI input), and only then the HDMI Audio working properly.

Any help would be appreciated Where monitor input settings-issue with waking up after sleep :)

OmriSh, Nov 29, 2017
  3. Carypanda Win User
    Windows 10 does not wake up from sleep

Hello,

Thanks. If that is the issue, what would be the solution. The F1 key changes the monitor settings, but only when it is logged on. As the screen is blank there is no way for me to log on after it wakes up from sleep.

Carypanda, Nov 29, 2017
  4. Wynona Win User

Good morning, Brown and welcome to TenForums.

Turning off sleep may be a temporary solution, but it won't solve an underlying problem.

What this tells me is that your monitor may not be able to see the graphics card, or vice versa. It could be because of a loose VGA cable connection, or even a bad cable. Especially since things seem to work sometimes.

I would first suggest that you remove the VGA cable from both your monitor and your computer. While it's removed, check to be sure that all the pins inside the connectors are upright and not bent. Securely reconnect the cable, making sure the thumb screws are hand tight on both ends. If the computer will wake from sleep, a loose connection may have been your problem. If it still won't wake, you may need to try another VGA cable to rule out its being bad or damaged.

If I'm not mistaken, this indicates that (1) the computer is turned off or (2) the monitor isn't communicating with the graphics card.

I think this is merely an indication that either the computer's off or the cable is loose or bad.

And now, please help us to help you by completing your system information. Here's a tutorial on how it can be done:

Collecting System Specifications in Windows Hardware Drivers Tutorials

Wynona, Nov 29, 2017
  5. f14tomcat Win User
    But- there is an arrow pointing towards DVI

Maybe if I could figure out how to get that arrow pointing towards VGA that would fix problem?

I cannot hit anything on the keyboard at this point to get that cursor to move

@browntbdd What is the monitor make and model # ? Some have a small joy-stick type button, sometimes on the back, to make selections. Mine does. 27" Samsung. If you could tell us the make/model, it would help.

f14tomcat, Nov 29, 2017
  6. browntbdd Win User
    the nfo file that was generated would not load

browntbdd, Nov 29, 2017
  7. browntbdd Win User
    THANK YOU

HP w2207

browntbdd, Nov 29, 2017
  8. f14tomcat Win User

Thanks, Tony. What is the make and model of your monitor?

f14tomcat, Nov 29, 2017
  9. f14tomcat Win User
    Tony, I'm missing something. Let me try to explain. If you are having this problem after you have put the PC to sleep and are trying to wake it up, and getting this non-responsive monitor..... how did you get the PC up and running in the first place? In order to put the computer to sleep, you had to have had access to the monitor at some point. Do you see my question? I'm a little confused on the sequence of events.

f14tomcat, Nov 29, 2017
  10. browntbdd Win User
    Everything works fine until I do not use for awhile

when i go to wake it up- I get the sequence that i described

I have played around with a lot of settings and I may have it resolved by using other forum threads and turning all power and sleep settings to "never"- we shall see

I am also a puzzle solver enthusiast

When I have encountered this problem and turn monitor on and off it shows no input found with a cursor next to DVI

Since I am using a VGA connection- I was wondering where or how to move that cursor to VGA

Where exactly in any settings is that able to be accomplished?

Thank You

browntbdd, Nov 29, 2017
  11. f14tomcat Win User
    There is no Windows setting I am aware of to set the type of connection. The monitor and the cable and the port you are hooked to should all see each other and connect automatically. Question....when you turn it off and on, and get those choices, does it eventually connect and give you a screen? Or just stay blank?

f14tomcat, Nov 29, 2017
  12. Wynona Win User
    That's what I thought you had said.

That's also what I thought you said; however, if you can't get the monitor to work, how are you posting? Do you have a second computer, or maybe you shut the computer down and reboot?

I think that's the part we're not understanding.

As TC said, there are no Windows settings to accomplish that.

Do you have a user guide/manual to the monitor? Mine has a row of buttons on the bottom right that I can adjust certain things with, like Menu, game mode, brightness and source. Could it be possible one of those buttons got out of sync?

Wynona, Nov 29, 2017
  13. browntbdd Win User

i hit all those buttons on bottom right of monitor
    MENU brings up OSD LOCKOUT

Hit MENU again and it goes away

browntbdd, Nov 29, 2017
  14. f14tomcat Win User
    That means On Screen Display Lockout. Press and hold the keys, not just hit. See what happens.

Your manual....best I could find: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c00834092

HP LCD and LED Monitors - OSD Lockout Message Appears on the Screen | HP® Customer Support

HP w2207 22 inch LCD Monitor | HP® Customer Support

HP and Compaq Flat Panel Monitors - Flat Panel Monitor Displays Message about No Signal, Signal out of Range, Sleep, or Power Save | HP® Customer Support

f14tomcat, Nov 29, 2017
  15. browntbdd Win User
    Turns out, after playing around, that the problem does not have anything to do with monitor settings.

The lock up occurs whenever the disc goes to sleep- it just does not "wake up"

I moved hard disk power back to 3 hours- but if I leave- ;ock up

Any thoughts?

An update must have changed something

browntbdd, Dec 4, 2017
Thema:

1. Where monitor input settings-issue with waking up after sleep - Similar Threads - Where monitor input

2. Monitor won't wake up in dual monitor Windows 10 after sleep or wake up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor won't wake up in dual monitor Windows 10 after sleep or wake up: I have samsung 34 inch wide monitor connected to my windows laptop via USB - C , however evetime, laptop goes to sleep and when I try to login again, only laptop monitor starts up, then I either need to plug out the USB c cable and connect again to recognize the connected...
  3. Monitor won't wake up in dual monitor Windows 10 after sleep or wake up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor won't wake up in dual monitor Windows 10 after sleep or wake up: I have samsung 34 inch wide monitor connected to my windows laptop via USB - C , however evetime, laptop goes to sleep and when I try to login again, only laptop monitor starts up, then I either need to plug out the USB c cable and connect again to recognize the connected...
  4. Monitor won't wake up in dual monitor Windows 10 after sleep or wake up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Dual Monitor Does Not Wake Up After Sleep

Dual Monitor Does Not Wake Up After Sleep: You have closed the thread without providing the solution to this problem. I have a HP laptop with Radeon up-to-date graphic card and AOC monitor with up-to-date driver. They are connected over HDMI. Problem occurs sometimes usually after several sleep-wakeup actions and if I...
  6. Monitor Wakes after sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitor Wakes after sleep: I have a self built AMD system with an ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO MOBO I set the screen to turn off after 3 minutes. It does, although it hangs up sometimes if Facebook is open But then it comes on again for 3 more minutes after 3 minutes of being off I thought it might be a MOBO...
  7. Monitor won't wake up after sleep

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor won't wake up after sleep: Hello guys, I built my PC a few weeks ago and since then I am struggling with a problem. When my PC wakes up from standby mode the monitor stays off and does not wake up anymore. I have already reinstalled all drivers and tried it with other GPU but without success. I...
  8. Remote Monitor Won't Wake Up After Sleep

Remote Monitor Won't Wake Up After Sleep: After the last Windows update my remote monitor no longer wakes up when my computer is awakened. What to do? I have tried reloading the monitor drivers to no avail....
  9. Monitor Doesnt wake up after pc sleeps

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor Doesnt wake up after pc sleeps: Hello all. Been having this problem for a while now so i wanted to come here and see if anyone can help me out. Whenever my pc goes to sleep, the screen will not display a picture when i try to wake up. It will come back if i turn the power to the monitor off and then back...
  10. Monitor Not Waking Up After Sleep

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor Not Waking Up After Sleep: I am experiencing a critical issue - when my computer goes into sleep mode, or if I manually place it in sleep mode, the monitor will not wake. The PC is running; I can hear the fan and the light on the front of the monitor is on, but the monitor itself will not wake. The...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. monitor input after sleep