Windows 10: Where to find bootable ISO made during installation

Discus and support Where to find bootable ISO made during installation in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was running Windows 7 on an Intel NUC and went to the Microsoft site where I did an install. Before the install began, I was asked if I wanted a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by rtcary, Jul 31, 2016.

1. rtcary Win User

Where to find bootable ISO made during installation

I was running Windows 7 on an Intel NUC and went to the Microsoft site where I did an install. Before the install began, I was asked if I wanted a bootable media.

I clicked yes, and it appeared to create a file, however after a successful install, I have not been able to find the ISO file. Should there be one, or am I misinformed? If there is one, where do I find it?

Many thanks...

Todd

:)

rtcary, Jul 31, 2016
  2. MMaynard Win User

Windows 10 installation error 'media driver missing'

Original Title: media driver missing

Installing Windows 10 on an old Lenovo (T61) running Vista:

Made a bootable cd of Windows 10, get 'media driver missing' during installation. Made a bootable cd of Windows 10 single language and I don't get this error but the product code from my purchase won't work during installation. Made a bootable usb of Windows
    10 and get the same 'media driver missing' error as before. Thanks.

MMaynard, Jul 31, 2016
  3. eebuckeye Win User
    Clean install to SSD using ISO image and error "We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one." Help please!

Great news.. I downloaded the ISO and made a DVD but it was not bootable.

Do I need to do something to the ISO file to make it bootable?

eebuckeye, Jul 31, 2016
  4. rtcary Win User

Ohh! I'm suppose to do it *after* installing Windows 10!

Doing it now...sorry for the inconvenience.

/rtc

rtcary, Jul 31, 2016
Thema:

1. Where to find bootable ISO made during installation - Similar Threads - Where find bootable

2. Bootable PC Toolkit ISOs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bootable PC Toolkit ISOs: What Bootable PC Toolkit ISOs [ NOT Portable Programs/Apps ] do you use and find invaluable. To start this off, here are a few of those that I use [ in Alphabetical Order ] . . . All in One System Rescue Toolkit: > All in One System Rescue Toolkit AOMEI Bootable Media: AOMEI...
  3. Home made Windows install ISO query

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Home made Windows install ISO query: Hi folks To make a "Home Grown" Windows install ISO is it sufficient simply to use dism capture WIM from a system you want to use as your base install and replace the install WIM in the standard ISO or do other steps need to be taken. I want a base Windows with just the admin...
  4. Installing Win10 from a Bootable USB Made on a Mac

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing Win10 from a Bootable USB Made on a Mac: Hello! I’m a pretty tech savvy person, which is why I decided to take on this task. I’m primarily a Mac user (I’m a graphic designer) but can work cross-platform (my day job keeps me on a machine running Win7 and I use a VM on that computer for a system running what looks...
  5. Windows 10 iso not bootable

Windows 10 iso not bootable: I wanted to switch back to windows from Kali Linux, so I downloaded the 64-bit English October 2020 update windows 10 iso and tried to burn it to a usb 8.1 gigs with BalenaEtcher. It showed a message: "Missing partition table. It looks like this is not a bootable image....
  6. Bootable ISO Failure

Bootable ISO Failure: To start, last January, due to a mangled Windows 10 Home (skipping the details), I created and booted into the USB ISO, chose the option "Install Windows and keep files", which installed a new, clean copy. Last Friday, I suddenly lost my WiFi Internet, and have not yet been...
  7. Freeware Bootable ISO program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Freeware Bootable ISO program: Greetings All, Is there a freeware program that will work with "XP"? 1)...What I have done is copied files from a 4+GB dvd disc to a folder on my desktop...(I made sure to uh-hide hidden files). 2)...I wish to take all those files which also contain a "setup" file and...
  8. Creating bootable unattended ISO..

Creating bootable unattended ISO..: Hi, Is there a proper way to create an unattended bootable ISO (the methods I have tried thus far do NOT work). I have the following ISO files. 1. Windows 10 1903 ISO directly downloaded from Microsoft. 2. Windows ADK for 1903. I only took the auto answer file part from...
  9. create bootable iso for 1803

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    create bootable iso for 1803: hi joydeep sir what tool i will use to create bootable iso for 1803 as 1809 got totally due to some bugs or isolated reported issue by customers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-bootable-iso-for-1803/57e5925e-8d7a-4f8a-b056-360d3dc43a66
  10. Can a clean install USB be made without an ISO?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Can a clean install USB be made without an ISO?: Two days ago, without any previous problems, I suddenly found myself basically locked out of my laptop. (I'm leaving out further explanation, because it's probably not relevant to my question.) I called tech support. They said it sounded like something had gone wrong...