Windows 10: Where to Find Paid Consultants for Easy Stuff?

Discus and support Where to Find Paid Consultants for Easy Stuff? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; All I need is someone to set up a VPN, set up my network, etc. Very simple things for the IT savy but something which takes millions of years for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CerebralFreeze, Feb 11, 2018.

1. Where to Find Paid Consultants for Easy Stuff?

All I need is someone to set up a VPN, set up my network, etc. Very simple things for the IT savy but something which takes millions of years for someone like me.

I've talked to IT services but they don't apparently work on things this easy and quick.

Does anyone know where I would go for help for something like this? A few hours of work. I've been trying to set up things myself but it's just taking forever. For example, just setting up a VPN is taking forever. I have no clue if I am even doing it correctly.

:)

CerebralFreeze, Feb 11, 2018
  2. Cal54 Win User

where to find windows easy transfer key

I think the easiest way to transfer files these days it to get a USB key and Copy and Paste everything you want on any other computer to the USB key.

Then plug it into the computer you want to have all that stuff. Then navigate to the USB key select all then copy and paste to the new computer.Where to Find Paid Consultants for Easy Stuff? :)

Cal54, Feb 11, 2018
  3. Shilohbob Win User
    Shilohbob, Feb 11, 2018
  4. EdTittel Win User

Where to Find Paid Consultants for Easy Stuff?

You can use paid-for services like Angieslist or free listings like back pages to look for computer assistance online. These kinds of listings specialize in hooking people in need of help like yours up with those who'll provide such help for an hourly or flat fee. Make sure you ask for and check references, and don't take anybody on you don't feel 100% comfortable with.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Feb 11, 2018
  5. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

why not invest in a little time and try and do it yourself -- loads of google stuff and on a home computer you can do it all in your own time and doesn't cost anything either. Also learning new stuff in your own time frame can be quite fun. I don't think though the so called "Millenial lot" and younger have much patience --if it can't be done in 5 mins then pay somebody else to do it.

Another advantage is that you can then easily spot the "B/S'ers" and avoid getting ripped off etc etc. if you really can't do it yourself. Just put on to a piece of paper (yes in days of smart phones paper and pen still exist !!) exactly what you want to do and then gradually get info from google or elsewhere and then try it. If you get it all working -- great feeling of achieving something and you perhaps can charge others for doing it !!!

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Feb 13, 2018
  6. Winuser Win User
    You could try asking friends and family if they know anyone. There may be some listing for networking and/or computer shops in the phone book that may be able to help. As for doing it yourself by looking for how-to's, I would only do that if you feel confident enough to try it.

Winuser, Feb 13, 2018
  7. Barman58 Win User
    You've already found what you need, all the knowledge is easily found on this very site - Yes you could pay someone a couple of hundred dollars to set things up for you but what happens when a minor change occurs with the next Windows upgrade (Due at End of March), causes your system to fail? another wad of bills to sort this out, and then your ISP changes something and so on

The adventure Starts Here ... Windows 10 Tutorials

Barman58, Feb 13, 2018
  8. Where to Find Paid Consultants for Easy Stuff?

Trust me but I've spent A LOT of time, trying to do these things that seem simple for you. I've spent a week, just trying to set up a VPN that connects two remote networks. After a long time, trying to figure this out, I realize that I need to have a static IP address or a domain name with a program that updates its dynamic ip address.

Here is one example of many that frustrates me but is probably simple for you guys. I need to input the ip address. But it doesn't state which or what type. The public ip address or the internal ip address? The VPN ip address? I try all 3 and nothing works. Then there is something else I might have done wrong so that means I have to try all 3 ip addresses when I change that "something else".

I have not just spent hours on my computer but weeks in pure time! And my computer still doesn't do what I need it to do.

I threw in the towel and realized that I was wasting so much of my time that I could be using to make money for my job or relaxing. It's not worth it! The Windows OS finally beat me bloody after about 1 year of trying to conquer it. I plead mercy. My pride is lost somewhere in the mass of wires that's scattered everywhere in my room.

Later this year, I was going to try to build my own computer but now I'm having second thoughts...

CerebralFreeze, Feb 13, 2018
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Feb 13, 2018
  10. My own personal "rule of thumb" for me.

If the other members here or the tutorials the forum has can't get me through whatever I'm trying to do. I don't need to do such a thing.

I have no degrees in computer science of any kind. I'm a home user, like most member here.
    That being said, this forum has members at all levels of knowledge to give guidance. I learn something new just about every day.
    With time and guidance from this forum, I can get most everything done that I want.

SO don't give up. Their is a bunch of members here that can guide you.

I build my own computers. Must say the first one was a challenge. After the first one it was homework, time and money.
    It's a learning experience and learning is fun.

Jack

Layback Bear, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Where to Find Paid Consultants for Easy Stuff?

1. Where to Find Paid Consultants for Easy Stuff? - Similar Threads - Where Find Paid

2. Consult / Consulta

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Consult / Consulta: Hola buenas, Cuando hago un Reset de mi disco ssd, los archivos o informacion del anterior sistema operativo no se elimina ya intente con un software, tambien intente con Cmd Consola con permiso de root, y ademas tambien intente con un pendrive e intentar resetealo con la...
  3. Consult / Consulta

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Consult / Consulta: Hola buenas, Cuando hago un Reset de mi disco ssd, los archivos o informacion del anterior sistema operativo no se elimina ya intente con un software, tambien intente con Cmd Consola con permiso de root, y ademas tambien intente con un pendrive e intentar resetealo con la...
  4. Consult / Consulta

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. consult-client.jnlp

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    consult-client.jnlp: how to open consult-client.jnlp? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/consult-clientjnlp/227810d5-7349-4670-b978-236857a0d8f6
  6. where in win 10 would i find my lenovo easy camera

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    where in win 10 would i find my lenovo easy camera: can't find and/or turn my Lenovo easy camera in win 10. I ALSO can't find my usb2.0 pc camera they both show up in my device manager the usb is under cameras and the the Lenovo is under imaging devices but I cant find them in win to turn them on. HELP!!!!!!!!plz...
  7. Wsus server consulting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wsus server consulting: Hello, IT Microsoft expert I have some issue with a new Wsus standalone deployment, below info: Infraestructure: Windows Server 2016 patch last update. WSUS suceed latest Sync Database is completly cleanup Destination computers info Windows 7 Windows 10 LTSB...
  8. Where is "send to" sending my stuff?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Where is "send to" sending my stuff?: While I use Chrome on my laptop, when I right-click, there's an option that says "Send to DESKTOP-BDAFMEL." What is "DESKTOP-BDAFMEL" and how can I find out what it is? Additionally, how can I get it to not have this as an option? I keep clicking it by accident. I don't...
  9. Paid for gamepass, trouble finding what I've paid for

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Paid for gamepass, trouble finding what I've paid for: I paid for the gamepass subscription on the microsoft store and I'm having major problems finding what exactly I get for my money. I can't seem to find a way for the windows store to show me which games I have available as part of my subscription as the majority of the games...
  10. Where my paid for upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where my paid for upgrade: I purchased the update for the games package on September 16 2018 and have not received software or had anything downloaded to stop the ads .. which is what I paid for ....