Windows 10: Where to find the downloaded offline maps.

Discus and support Where to find the downloaded offline maps. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just upgraded from Build 10041 to Build 10061. I downloaded a few maps using 'Systems - Maps' but unable to find where these maps are saved. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by kelvincoq, Apr 23, 2015.

1. kelvincoq Win User

Where to find the downloaded offline maps.

I just upgraded from Build 10041 to Build 10061. I downloaded a few maps using 'Systems - Maps' but unable to find where these maps are saved.
    This happens to both builds.
    Please advise where can I find the saved maps.

:)

kelvincoq, Apr 23, 2015

2. Using offline maps in Windows 10??

Ok, so I downloaded the offline maps for Florida and the Bahamas but now I can't find them. The offline map section shows them as downloaded but no instruction on where they are or how to use them?? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Gary SherryFreimuth, Apr 23, 2015
  3. PAT_29 Win User
    Offlne mapsloads ok but...

on the settings, System, offline maps. I downloaded

the Ontario map 500\mg. Dowload went ok but

cant find where it downloaded. can you help pls.

PAT_29, Apr 23, 2015
  4. Dude Win User

Welcome to the forums kelvincoq. They hid them good, I haven't found them yet. I know I can open them while offline, but like you I'm not sure where they are saved.

5. Crashed Win User
    Not sure if it's the same in the builds you mention, but in 10074 they are in Settings>System.
    Worth a check.

Where to find the downloaded offline maps. [​IMG]

Crashed, May 1, 2015
  6. Crashed Win User
    Meh, should of read your post, instead of just the title. *Redface
    Never mind my previous post, you obviously know where that is.

Yes they did hide em well.

Would they be any good for anything anyway?
    I mean probably the only thing that would open them would be the map app anyway.
    Or are you hoping to copy them to a Windows phone or something?

Crashed, May 1, 2015
  7. New here ..... first post ..... and I just very recently upgraded both my home PC and my laptop to W-10. I am on a Verizon 4G connection, it's limited 10 Gb per month so I only id the home PC here.
    I did the laptop upgrade while visiting family using BIL's unlimited data linkup in Ga. and I down loaded over 4 Gb of North American maps for offline use on the laptop afterwards. They work fine ..... but now I am home and would like to do a file transfer to my home PC but cannot find them maps anywhere on the laptop ..... but it opens them. I hate to have to use up 4 plus more Gb data of my allowance to get them on home PC.

Also ..... wish there was a way to darken or add contrast to Windows Maps!

Thanks ..... Later ............... *Smile

CrystalPistol, Dec 31, 2015
  8. Where to find the downloaded offline maps.

start PERFMON.EXE
    show diskactivity: order by WRITE desc
    start downloading a map
    look where the i/o activity is

works also with other "problems"

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\MapData\diskcache\BundleStore

KindRegards, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Where to find the downloaded offline maps. - Similar Threads - Where find downloaded

2. Where are Win10 offline maps stored?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where are Win10 offline maps stored?: I can't find them at C:\. What would be the file name of the offline map for Colorado?Thanks,Terry https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-are-win10-offline-maps-stored/5357b774-2f21-484a-859a-603d30060e58
  3. Offline maps download unbearably slow!!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Offline maps download unbearably slow!!!: Microsoft using dial-up for this function?Try it yourself before you ask me any questions. Region USA/Missouri. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/offline-maps-download-unbearably-slow/6ee1a581-c19b-4f2b-9232-9fe63cc60548
  4. Offline Maps keeps downloading maps that are already downloaded

Offline Maps keeps downloading maps that are already downloaded: Hi I have downloaded a quite a number of offline maps, however if I reduce the the offline maps window to the taskbar or closed the window and then opened it again it starts downloading all my maps again. They all show "waiting to download" while it downloads the first map...
  5. unable to download offline maps

in Windows 10 Customization
    unable to download offline maps: I faced an issue with downloading offline maps. I go to the Settings then find Apps and Download maps. But then the system requires that I delete maps because there is an issue there....
  6. download offline maps?

in Windows 10 Customization
    download offline maps?: I cannot download offlinemaps. I go to settings>apps> download maps and am told there is a problem and I have to delete maps, click to delete maps, info changes so that I can click download maps but the Download Maps has a heading but nothing to chose?...
  7. Pakistan Map in offline download

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pakistan Map in offline download: why there is no Pakistan map in offline download. Bangladesh, India maps are available but not Pakistan now that racist. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pakistan-map-in-offline-download/645d5c5c-a257-4037-b757-fd4e7492bb48
  8. Offline Maps

Offline Maps: Where can I find downloaded offline maps, so that I can copy them over to my new laptop for traveling instead of having to download all over again ? Would simple copying works? Thanks for any advice. 49342
  9. Disable Offline Map downloads and updates

Disable Offline Map downloads and updates: Hello, If you browse to Settings>System>Offline Maps, you'll see the +Download Maps option, and further down, the "automatically update maps" toggle. How would one disable both of these from the registry? I'm starting the search in HKLM\System\Maps - but nothing that...
  10. Download Offline Maps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Download Offline Maps in Windows 10: How to: Download Offline Maps in Windows 10 How to Download Offline Maps in Windows 10 Windows 10 comes with the Maps app preinstalled. Maps is your guide to everywhere. Find your way with voice navigation and turn-by-turn driving, transit, and walking directions....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. where i must i find the dowload in my pc

2. MapData folder