Windows 10: Where to find WPA/WEP for my printer

Discus and support Where to find WPA/WEP for my printer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I would like to reinstall my HP Envy 4500 printer onto my network. It asks for my WPA/WEP in order to do so. Where do I find this security code? I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by melbee8220, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Where to find WPA/WEP for my printer

I would like to reinstall my HP Envy 4500 printer onto my network. It asks for my WPA/WEP in order to do so. Where do I find this security code? I have Windows 10 on my HP computer. Thanks for any help you can give.

:)

melbee8220, Aug 22, 2018
  2. newtekie1 Win User

What is WPA-AES?

The reason WEP is defaulted to in most installations is that is is compatible with everything. You want some examples of things that I've personally as a network engineer have had to deal with? Nintendo DSes don't support anything beyond WEP, it wasn't until the DSi was released in 2008 that WPA support was implemented. There are still a lot of wireless printers, particulary the cheap ones, that do not support WPA, or claim support for WPA but don't actually work with it. The last lexmark printer I bought about 2 years ago, claimed to support WPA, but would not connect to any WPA network. It just wouldn't do it. It tossed that POS in the trash because it sucked anyway, but the point is that WEP works and that is why people use it.

I wouldn't go as far as saying WEP is bad, in fact in 90% of usage senarios it is perfectly fine. Yes, it is hackable. Is it as easy as some make it out to be? No. Is my neighbor, or my neighbor's 16 year old kid like to have the hardware to do it and the knowledge? No, despite what some want to make it seem like, they won't.

That being said, definitely use WPA/WPA2 if possible, because there is no reason not to if everything is compatible. But most ISPs don't want to have to deal with the support calls from the people with devices that aren't compatible, so they just use WEP, and for home users that really isn't a problem.

newtekie1, Aug 22, 2018
  3. zehpavora Win User
    Finding my WPA key...

With such new information, I think your router is not configured to use WPA, but another authenticating method which I not familiar with. Maybe if you use the username and password you use for your cellphone, you may be able to access your router.

slyfox2151, I was not aware of that. I know WPA is far more secure that WEP just didn't know how harder it was to crack it. And yes, I knew he had WPA not WEP. I was suggesting based on my not-so-applicable knowledge.

zehpavora, Aug 22, 2018
  4. Where to find WPA/WEP for my printer

Wireless LAN key change from WEP to WPA?

I too have this problem with my E70. My router is setup as WPA-PSK (TKIP) and I have set the security settings under Connection/Access Points/ on the phone to WPA/WPA2 and given the correct pre-shared key. When I try and access the router I can see the
    access point SSID however the phone keeps asking for a WEP key and if I look at the Available WLAN under Connectivity the correct SSID network is found but the phone says the security is WEP. I have checked the router and it is definitely WPA-PSK (TKIP)! My
    laptop, WiFi printer and PDA all see it as WPA. Please help.

raymondd---01, Aug 22, 2018
Thema:

Where to find WPA/WEP for my printer

1. Where to find WPA/WEP for my printer - Similar Threads - Where find WPA

2. where do I find the list of printers connected to my laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    where do I find the list of printers connected to my laptop?: where to I find the printers connected to my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-do-i-find-the-list-of-printers-connected-to/185cec9c-8ab4-424a-ae36-fadcf2b37cc8
  3. Where do I find the security key for my printer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where do I find the security key for my printer?: where do I find the security key for my printer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-do-i-find-the-security-key-for-my-printer/45808c19-d1d8-4924-99c0-bbfc72684432
  4. Where do I find the security key for my printer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where do I find the security key for my printer?: where do I find the security key for my printer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-do-i-find-the-security-key-for-my-printer/45808c19-d1d8-4924-99c0-bbfc72684432
  5. is there a website where I can find Printer Software for a specific Printer?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    is there a website where I can find Printer Software for a specific Printer?: I have a notebook operating on Windows10, which seems like rubbish. I cant install anything on it i had on previous versions!I have barely used printers & scanners as young/old as 2007,BUT I nolonger have most of their Software CD.The 1 or 2 I do still have i cant get my...
  6. where to find printers in windows 10

where to find printers in windows 10: where do I find devices and printers in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-to-find-printers-in-windows-10/be514c4b-2095-4660-96ff-43aab070b22d
  7. how do you find your wpa/wep address in order to connect my wireless printer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do you find your wpa/wep address in order to connect my wireless printer: How do you find your WPA/WEP address in order to connect to wireless printer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-find-your-wpawep-address-in-order-to/a7f79082-0847-47f0-8a9c-748b955af080
  8. What is a WEP key and where can I find it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is a WEP key and where can I find it?: I printed something... and next to WEP Key Length is printer 'inactive'. I tried to enter that but it said it was not correct. At another point it asked for a WPS number which I couldn't find either; but, now I don't even know where that was. I am trying to connect a Canon...
  9. Where do I find the product number on my printer?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Where do I find the product number on my printer?: Hello! I am trying to register my printer and it keeps asking for the product number! The only number I can find is the FPU number but that is not the one they are looking for!...
  10. Where are my printers????

Where are my printers????: Windows 10 does its update without my permission and Adobe PDF printer is gone, my Xerox printer is gone, my network printers on other machines are gone and Microsoft thinks they are professional? This isn't funny but it is malicious and nasty and damn rotten. Anybody...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wpa/wep

2. what is wpa/wep for wireless printer

3. find wep in win10

4. where do i find wpa/wep for my printer,
  5. what is wpa/wep on printer,
  6. wpa/wep for wireless printer,
  7. where is wpa/wep for wireless printer,
  8. trying to connect my printer to my wifi what is a WPA,
  9. what wpa or wep,
  10. wahat is WPAWEP,
  11. where is the wep key located on my hp printer,