Windows 10: Where to get webcam driver.

Discus and support Where to get webcam driver. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a web cam that id's as: USB\VID_05E1&PID_0B01&REV_0002, for the driver. Does anyone know where to get this driver from a site that gives a clean... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jerry Delacruz, May 2, 2016.

1. Where to get webcam driver.

I have a web cam that id's as: USB\VID_05E1&PID_0B01&REV_0002, for the driver. Does anyone know where to get this driver from a site that gives a clean version of the driver without the potential viruses.

:)

Jerry Delacruz, May 2, 2016
  2. allscaff Win User

Where can I find webcam drivers ?

can anyone tell me where to find drivers for the ps3 webcam b4.09.24.1. it is for windows 10.

[Original Title: webcam drivers]

allscaff, May 2, 2016
  3. Scott Xe Win User
    Front webcam malfunctioned after upgraded

I have done the Windows Update and Manufacturer's drivers without success. Where can I approach Samsung to get Windows 10 driver for front webcam?

Scott Xe, May 2, 2016
  4. jds63 Win User

Where to get webcam driver.

Yes, the manufacturer's site of a webcam is always the best place to start. This is for the one built into the laptop ?
    The ATK Package usually includes all the drivers for the laptop.
    http://www.asus.com/supportonly/Q301...Desk_Download/

jds63, May 2, 2016
  5. The camera is an Aduro dashcam and the manufacturer says the computer should recognize it, which it doesn't. Device Manager list the device ID under properties as listed in the above post. The web is full of the usual sites just begging to introduce a virus and I can't find a clean site that simply downloads the driver. I joined and unjoined one site (Driverguide) since they just went on and on for more information.
    Where to get webcam driver. [​IMG]

6. jds63 Win User
    I see only reason to use this on a PC is to transfer files which is done through a USB Port or taking the SD card and inserting into a card reader on a PC. So it should be recognized as a USB device. When plugged into PC what happens exactly, open Device Manager and look for any yellow exclamation points, also in control panel check Devices and Printers to see if it shows up. As it is most likely going to show as similar to a hard drive ,should not need any drivers.

jds63, May 2, 2016
  7. When the camera is set as a storage device it behaves exactly as you describe, no problem reading the card in the camera. When it is set as a pc web cam, the Device Manager reads it as Other Devices>USB Camera, with the yellow triangle. Attempting to update the driver from the web, responds with, "Windows was unable to install your USB Camera, Windows could not find the driver software for your device. etc." Under Hardware ID, I get the following.

8. jds63 Win User

That site did not have a support link. How old is this cam ? May not be a Windows 10 Driver or even Windows 8.1.

I was not sure it had the capability to be a webcam since it is a dashcam for a car, this was after i saw the site and saw the manual.

jds63, May 2, 2016
  9. jds63 Win User
    Did not see manual stating other hookups to a PC except for file transfer.

jds63, May 2, 2016
  10. I'm sure it's from the XP days, but that shouldn't be a problem as Win 10 doesn't say it can handle the camera it just says it can't find the driver. All the places I've checked that have the driver show shenanigans with the files when I check them with VirusTotal so I don't bother. The camera clearly has a PC cam switch in it's menu and shows a little web cam on the screen when I set it as a web cam rather than storage device. The manual is: http://www.topdawgelectronics.com/co...Dash%20Cam.pdf
    and states:

11. jds63 Win User
    I think i dealt with this with somebody else almost same model. As stated no driver needed. If you right click and uninstall it from device manager, does it come back ? Probably not compatible for Windows 10, although i can not see why since it should not require a driver to operate as a USB device on a PC.

jds63, May 2, 2016
  12. jds63 Win User
    Of course this part is being shown for it's webcam capabilities in Windows 10 in the device manager and this is where it is having it's issues needing a driver that might of been available with other OS's but i assume not Win 10.
    Reasons it falls under other devices there. As a driver then comes with software for the webcam to use it under windows, how else would you use it without webcam software.

jds63, May 2, 2016
  13. Where to get webcam driver.

Device Manager will recognize the camera after I do the uninstall if I plug the camera in again or rescan for devices. I have an old Vostro with XP and I will try installing it there. But my Win 10 HP is also running win 98 in Oracle VB. I want to use this camera as a web cam with the Vostro as a backup camera in my RV, replacing the antiquated tube monitor and truly ancient video camera. The Vostro screen is twice as big as the Sony monitor and provides color and higher resolution.

14. jds63 Win User
    Well installing it on an XP computer and getting an XP driver may work fine since this being older hardware device. Oracle Virtual Box is compatible with Windows 10 as i see it. I can not see any other way if no compatible driver for Windows 10, how will you operate it in Windows 10 without software drivers as a webcam.

Seems you did talk with the manufacturer, if not try again.

jds63, May 2, 2016
  15. The driver is on the web, the problem is downloading it without having to join a group, register to get crap mail, or get a virus and have to reinstall win10 all over again. If you know where to get the driver without all the crap, just download it and send it or give me the link. But I've been to Yahoo and Google and for three pages into each return of the search every site is full of crap. Just google USB\VID_05E1&PID_0B01&REV_0002, and you'll see what I mean.

Thema:

1. Where to get webcam driver. - Similar Threads - Where webcam driver

2. Webcam Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Webcam Driver: Recently I converted windows 7 to windows 10 and I lost built in Camera driver from my laptop HP computer. Could you help to install webcam driver? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/webcam-driver/fc6f63ee-c1ec-4327-b47f-1ccd30916fb7
  3. Webcam Driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Webcam Driver: Recently I converted windows 7 to windows 10 and I lost built in Camera driver from my laptop HP computer. Could you help to install webcam driver? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/webcam-driver/fc6f63ee-c1ec-4327-b47f-1ccd30916fb7
  4. Webcam Driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Webcam Driver

Webcam Driver: Good day I am in need of some assistance, please. I recently purchased a DSY-WC310 webcam trouble getting to work on my computer. It's running Windows 10 Pro x64. In device manager it picks up that there is a camera under "Other devices" as "USB20 Camera" with a question...
  6. Webcam Drivers

Webcam Drivers: Hi, I recently took apart a old pc running windows 7 or 10Can't Remember, from which I had scavenged a webcam. After wiring it up to a usb cable and making sure its connected correctly I connected it to my desktop, but was unable to use it as a webcam. Iwent to device manger...
  7. Webcam execution file where?

Webcam execution file where?: Hello: I need to put the webcam execution files into True Launch Bar so that I can open the webcam from there. However, in spite of searching far and wide on the Web, I have not been able to find out what file opens the webcam (I have Windows 10, 64 bit). I cannot copy or...
  8. Webcam Driver

Webcam Driver: I have unfortunately deleted webcam device driver. I have DELL Inspiron 14 3442 4th generation windows 10 pro. Now how can I install the "Imaging Driver" or "Webcam software" on it?... plz help me....
  9. Webcam Driver

Webcam Driver: Hello, I disabled my camera driver a few months ago because of privacy reasons, but when I came back to try to re-enable it I can't find it anymore on the device manager. I also tried reinstalling the webcam driver but I cannot find the driver for my pc (ASUS VivoBook...
  10. Webcam drivers

Webcam drivers: I'm looking for a compatible driver for a webcam on an L755-S5245 Toshiba laptop. It has been upgraded to Windows 10 and I have no idea what I did with the drivers I downloaded for it as a Windows 7 system. I didn't do the generic "update" upgrade. I did H/W changes as well....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot

2. usb video device version 10.0.17763.404