Windows 10: ..where'd my 'pending windows updates' notifications go?

Discus and support ..where'd my 'pending windows updates' notifications go? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; ok, three or four updates ago, I for whatever reason, stopped getting windows update notifications in the action center. I'm pretty sure I should... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by xraiderv1, Jul 12, 2017.

1. xraiderv1 Win User

..where'd my 'pending windows updates' notifications go?

ok, three or four updates ago, I for whatever reason, stopped getting windows update notifications in the action center.

I'm pretty sure I should receive notifications that I have pending updates, rather than find out as an unpleasant late night surprise before shutdown at bedtime, that I've got an update waiting.

is there a setting somewhere or other that controls whether or not I receive notifications for this in the action center?

:)

xraiderv1, Jul 12, 2017
  2. Next3 Win User

Windows Live Messenger Lost In X3

Hey Dude..i had the exact same problem after the firmware update...cant find windows live!

where'd you get it? i will be very thnkful.

Next3, Jul 12, 2017
  3. Can't work out the Ovi Twitter widget, anyone help?

Where'd you get that?

richwhite---01, Jul 12, 2017
  4. ..where'd my 'pending windows updates' notifications go?

Ever since updating to the Creator's Update I haven't had an Action Center notification for updates. Either I check on Patch Tuesday manually, or I find out when I click the start button, and see an "Updates pending" kind of notice when I go to shut down. I also don't get the "Windows installed updates" Action Center notification either when I restart. I used to get both, but now neither.

Bobby Phoenix, Jul 13, 2017
  5. xraiderv1 Win User
    so..did they take that out or did something get broked when windows updated?

xraiderv1, Jul 13, 2017
  6. I think it's by default now. It's the same for all four of my PCs. Maybe there is an option to turn it back on, but I haven't look around yet.

7. xraiderv1 Win User
    cause...it was an unpleasant surprise last night as I was readying to shut down for bed only to find that waiting...

xraiderv1, Jul 13, 2017
  8. ..where'd my 'pending windows updates' notifications go?

I was looking in the Restart options, and mine are off. Maybe that's where you turn it on to get them like we used to? It's only showing that a restart in needed, but not if there are pending updates to install.

..where'd my 'pending windows updates' notifications go? [​IMG]

9. xraiderv1 Win User
    hopefully that fixes it? we'll only find out in another 4 weeks when they push the next update I suppose.

xraiderv1, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

..where'd my 'pending windows updates' notifications go?

1. ..where'd my 'pending windows updates' notifications go? - Similar Threads - where'd 'pending updates'

2. Where'd the search icon go after a restart ? BAD improvement...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where'd the search icon go after a restart ? BAD improvement...: 22h2 19045.3031 My corporate VPN wouldn't connect so I restarted. My Windows search icon is gone. There are no choices for search in the taskbar context menu ... you know to choose between box or icon !!! ** I ** know I can just hit Win key and start typing. This is going to...
  3. Where'd My Files Go?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where'd My Files Go?: I'm curious. What happened to the little accessibility arrowheads in the leftmost column in Explorer? In Windows 10, you could click the little arrowhead and open the main file, find the subfile you wanted, and click it. Now, with Windows 11, that accessibility is gone,...
  4. Where'd My Files Go?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where'd My Files Go?: I'm curious. What happened to the little accessibility arrowheads in the leftmost column in Explorer? In Windows 10, you could click the little arrowhead and open the main file, find the subfile you wanted, and click it. Now, with Windows 11, that accessibility is gone,...
  5. Updates pending

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updates pending: How do I start an update if one is available for Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updates-pending/65380a30-2cb6-433f-95b8-487a342e9c53
  6. Would like a notification of a pending update before download begins

Would like a notification of a pending update before download begins: Is there an option in Windows update to notify me that there is an update available? When a large update, such as the Windows 10 Version 2004, begins to download, it ties REALLY SLOWS DOWN the internet connection and ties up the laptop. I would like to be able to determine...
  7. Update Pending

Update Pending: Dear Sir/Madam, i'm using windows 10 Pro 1909. When i got 2004?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-pending/026acb1a-9b52-434c-bb08-e98e243df14d
  8. Where'd the free software thread go?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where'd the free software thread go?: Tried to find it but couldn't so I'll post this by itself. I know one doesn't really need third-party software to tune-up win10, but I see this occasionally on the forum: After years of development, I decided to release an all-in-one application which will include most...
  9. Windows updates pending

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows updates pending: Every time I get a update lately it will say update pending and hangs there. I run update trouble shooter and two fixes are applied then update installs, but this happens every time now and been doing it for the last 10 days or so ?...
  10. Where'd the old Windows games go?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where'd the old Windows games go?: I'm trying to get the old games like minesweeper solitaire spider etc. can't find a download package online. Would appreciate someone helping me get them back. Thanks! 28515