Windows 10: Where's my beautiful desktop?

Discus and support Where's my beautiful desktop? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, hoping you can help *Smile My desktop is now just apps. I can't see my usual desktop with the files etc, is there a way to fix this? THANKS (I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nyria, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Nyria Win User

Where's my beautiful desktop?

Hi, hoping you can help *Smile
    My desktop is now just apps. I can't see my usual desktop with the files etc, is there a way to fix this? THANKS
    (I have a pic of what it looks like but I'm not sure how to post it.)

:)

Nyria, Oct 4, 2016
  2. EldaSwall Win User

Label startup picture on Windows 10

When I wake up my computer to windows 10 a beautiful picture is displayed. Can they label what the picture is and where taken?

EldaSwall, Oct 4, 2016
  3. BT WiFi App no available

Thanks for your response. I've spoken to BT and eventually got through to tech department who informed me the App had been withdrawn due to problems with windows 10. They had no idea when or if a replacement app would be available. Recently found that the Booking.com
    App is not available to windows 10 either so will switch to android products now !

Where's my app, Oct 4, 2016
  4. Jaz210 Win User

Do you have "Show Desktop Icons Disabled"?

*right click your desktop and click on views to check*

Jaz210, Oct 4, 2016
  5. lehnerus2000, Oct 4, 2016
  6. Total Win User
    Total, Oct 4, 2016
  7. shimshom Win User
    Go to Settings, Personalization , Start and make sure the "Use Start Full Screen" is turned off

shimshom, Oct 4, 2016
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Nyria, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

Double check to see if you may have turned on Tablet mode by mistake.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Oct 4, 2016
  9. oscer1 Win User
    classic shell stopped working after the anniversary update on my machine.

oscer1, Oct 4, 2016
  10. Total Win User
    there is a update for classic shell for the anniversary update now .

Total, Oct 4, 2016
  11. oscer1 Win User
    ok will have to check it out. as I like win 7 look better

oscer1, Oct 4, 2016
  12. mrgeek Win User
    mrgeek, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Where's my beautiful desktop? - Similar Threads - Where's beautiful desktop

2. Where is "Desktop"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is "Desktop"?: 1. I like a nice clean desktop, with no icons, no shortcuts, no files are kept on it for more than two minutes, as I hope can be seen from the background.2. When I click on the desktop icon on the left-hand pane of File Explorer... this folder is empty. When I look in the...
  3. Where is "Desktop"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where is "Desktop"?: 1. I like a nice clean desktop, with no icons, no shortcuts, no files are kept on it for more than two minutes, as I hope can be seen from the background.2. When I click on the desktop icon on the left-hand pane of File Explorer... this folder is empty. When I look in the...
  4. Aero is beautiful

in Windows 10 Customization
    Aero is beautiful: I loved Aero! it was Comforting. Windows 10 UI is like a trip through the backrooms where everything is the same madness of Mono-Yellow over & over again. Windows 10 is very uncustomizable & I think it should be just as customizable as Minecraft. Windows 10 feels like it...
  5. Where did the beautiful Settings app go?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where did the beautiful Settings app go?: Just yesterday I had a beautiful Settings app like from Insider Preview. But when I woke up, I was horrified that the beauty was GONE and now I have the usual old Settings app. What should I do? submitted by /u/leonenko228 [link] [comments]...
  6. where is my desktop

where is my desktop: my 'desktop' is gone. I don't even see my taskbar. my taskbar has back, search, cortana, and some ladder. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-my-desktop/f1b4c086-f605-4aca-aa81-2da80f124880
  7. Where is my desktop?

Where is my desktop?: What screen is my desktop screen? How do I delete all of the history I have visited? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-my-desktop/2117a6e8-35c0-4d14-861b-edf4d5c3a272
  8. Where's my desktop?

Where's my desktop?: Today's date is 8/25/2018. I just took a 1-hour nap. When I returned to work on this computer, everything on my display had been changed. All my icons were gone. I asked my wife about it; she hadn't been near my computer. The whole environment is now alien; explorer windows...
  9. Where is my default Desktop?

Where is my default Desktop?: Hello everyone, what is **** for Windows 10? I feel disappointed because Windows 10 fakes my expensive work time. Why do I should do with Windows 10? No Thanks. I WANT GET BACK MY ORIGINAL DESKTOP. It looks like Desktop background is 3 sphere next light plane and 3...
  10. Where is my Desktop?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where is my Desktop?: Where is my desktop? I have a Microsoft-forced-on-me desktop that has a bunch of absolutely useless square icons. I want a desktop with my icons on it. The suggestions, so far, have been useless also. Nothing happens when I right click on the desktop. Ditto swiping in from...