Windows 10: Where's The Registry Location For File Explorer's Size?

Discus and support Where's The Registry Location For File Explorer's Size? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, when you open any File Explorer window (such as going to C:\ ), File Explorer has a specific saved window size that it opens with. So when you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pepanee, Jan 12, 2017.

1. pepanee Win User

Where's The Registry Location For File Explorer's Size?

Hello, when you open any File Explorer window (such as going to C:\ ), File Explorer has a specific saved window size that it opens with. So when you resize it, either horizontally and/or vertically, close it and re-open it again, it saves the size of the window. I would like to know the location within the Registry where this information is saved. Also if possible, I would like to know the saved window size location for Notepad is, as well. Anyone know where this is?

:)

pepanee, Jan 12, 2017

2. Random files not showing up in Documents library

Files are missing in documents, but they appear when you browse to the location in File Explorer?

So, where are they missing? That is, where are you looking before you actually open that location?

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Jan 12, 2017
  3. Shilohbob Win User
    Any folders on any USB inserted in my Windows 10 computer shows as Shortcuts

Where are the USB contents being shown as shortcuts, desktop, File Explore, Start Menu. etc.?

When you look at the properties of these shortcuts where is it showing as the 'file location'?

Could you post a screenshot of location of these shortcuts.

Shilohbob, Jan 12, 2017
  4. elaz Win User

On my system, HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags\AllFolders\Shell\WinPos1280x1024x96(2).position, where position is left, right, top or bottom, gives the position of the window border in pixels.

I assume the name of the key depends on the screen resolution.

5. pepanee Win User
    pepanee, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Where's The Registry Location For File Explorer's Size? - Similar Threads - Where's Registry Location

2. Where is the Registry?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is the Registry?: Hello, A few years ago, I had an error message about my profile. I couldn't get onto my computer the normal way, I needed to get on in a different mode. Anyway, I googled the problem I was having and found a youtube w/instructions on how to fix it. The instructions called for...
  3. Edge executable file location in registry

in Browsers and Email
    Edge executable file location in registry: Where do I find the C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge\Application\msedge.exe path in the registry? Thanks! 178354
  4. Where do microsoft store's game file located in file explorer

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Where do microsoft store's game file located in file explorer: I **** up in random game on microsoft store and i reinstall it but game save on it own and continue as if i never uninstall it, how do i find those game's file and delete it? * Moved from Community Participation Center * OS not specified...
  5. File Explorer - File Size

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer - File Size: Hi. In the File Size column in File Explorer the size is displayed in kBs. When the list of files contains extreme size variations, there is a necessity to have wide column to get the millions of kBs displayed. Also, having the display automatically adjust itself to a...
  6. Where is ms-settings: located in file explorer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where is ms-settings: located in file explorer?: I’m trying to customize something within my windows 10 settings, but I cannot find ms-settings anywhere. submitted by /u/MrFlamethrower [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g3w0a3/where_is_mssettings_located_in_file_explorer/
  7. Where is Windows Explorer locate?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where is Windows Explorer locate?: Where is Windows Explorer locate? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-windows-explorer-locate/0fc63215-e3c7-45f8-822a-c3a04a2d0948"
  8. Win Explorer is displaying the file size incorrectly, KB where is MB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win Explorer is displaying the file size incorrectly, KB where is MB: New Laptop w/Win 10 displayed the file size correctly until this morning. This morning, they all are KB. It USES KB instead MB. I know they are MB size. Example, right window where the files are listed under the SIZE col, all are 00,000 KB. I know they are large so...
  9. Registry Backup File Size Is Growing

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Registry Backup File Size Is Growing: I've backed up my registry twice recently, and I noticed a huge difference in the size of the backup file. Two days ago, the backup I created was 18,066 KB. The one I created this morning is 247,691 KB. Should I be concerned about this, and, if so, what can I do about it? 29317
  10. Where's The Registry Location For The Notepad Window Size?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where's The Registry Location For The Notepad Window Size?: The window size (horizontally & vertically) for Notepad is stored somewhere in the Registry. Does anyone know where the location of it is? 74884

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wheres the registry location for file explorers size windows 10

2. where is the registry located in the file explorer