Windows 10: Where's The Registry Location For The Notepad Window Size?

Discus and support Where's The Registry Location For The Notepad Window Size? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The window size (horizontally & vertically) for Notepad is stored somewhere in the Registry. Does anyone know where the location of it is? 74884 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pepanee, Jan 14, 2017.

1. pepanee Win User

Where's The Registry Location For The Notepad Window Size?

The window size (horizontally & vertically) for Notepad is stored somewhere in the Registry. Does anyone know where the location of it is?

:)

pepanee, Jan 14, 2017
  2. Secretj2 Win User

Windows 10 Start Menu Pinned Tiles Location?

Where are the start menu pinned tiles located in Windows 10? Example: I pin Weather, Notepad, and Calculator to the start menu. Where does this data get written? In Windows 7 it was under Program Data>Microsoft>Windows>Start Menu. It appears to have moved
    in Windows 10. Is it a folder I just haven't been able to find, or is it a registry key now?

Thanks

-Jim

Secretj2, Jan 14, 2017
  3. How do I get regedit.exe to original-

"removeproperties" got added under open with notepad plus "open with notepad" and "command" are in the same level. To Add "Open With Notepad" and "Remove Properties" to the correct location, use this REG file.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\notepad]

@="Open With Notepad"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\notepad\command]

@="notepad \"%1\""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\removeproperties]

"ProgrammaticAccessOnly"="Apartment"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\removeproperties\DropTarget]

"CLSID"="{09a28848-0e97-4cef-b950-cea037161155}"

And, to remove the erroneous entries, post the results of this command (from Command Prompt window):

reg query hkcr\*

Paste the output here so that I can construct a REG file to remove the invalid items.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Jan 14, 2017
  4. Edwin New Member

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Notepad

It's a dynamic value; why do you want to know?

Edwin, Jan 14, 2017
  5. pepanee Win User
    Awesome! Thank you Edwin =)

Reason why is because sometimes I accidentally click and drag an edge of Notepad (and it gets resized). I like having it in a certain size for certain projects' notes that I have a custom layout inside Notepad for. I use that same layout for all the other project notes that I use. So I saved extracted and saved this info in a custom reg file that I have that if I mess up a certain setting, I can re-register that reg file to set things back to the way that I want them. (For example, inside that same reg file, I have File Explorer's size saved in there too. etc.)

pepanee, Jan 14, 2017
  6. Edwin New Member
    *Thumbs

Edwin, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Where's The Registry Location For The Notepad Window Size? - Similar Threads - Where's Registry Location

2. Notepad window size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notepad window size: Every time I launch notepad, the default window is too big for my screen and it appears in the top left corner. I have to use the Windows+Arrow shortcut to move it in the right place each time. Is there a way to restore the default settings as it used to just open a small...
  3. Notepad window size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notepad window size: Every time I launch notepad, the default window is too big for my screen and it appears in the top left corner. I have to use the Windows+Arrow shortcut to move it in the right place each time. Is there a way to restore the default settings as it used to just open a small...
  4. Notepad window size

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Where is the Registry?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is the Registry?: Hello, A few years ago, I had an error message about my profile. I couldn't get onto my computer the normal way, I needed to get on in a different mode. Anyway, I googled the problem I was having and found a youtube w/instructions on how to fix it. The instructions called for...
  6. notepad sizing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    notepad sizing: I need better control of the window sizing of the new notepad. The old notepad worked fine. How can the window be narrower and shorter? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notepad-sizing/3ca80777-6257-434b-aaee-f79a13aeb1d5
  7. notepad sizing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    notepad sizing: I need better control of the window sizing of the new notepad. The old notepad worked fine. How can the window be narrower and shorter? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notepad-sizing/3ca80777-6257-434b-aaee-f79a13aeb1d5
  8. size of font notepad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    size of font notepad: hi I want notepad to open up on the size of font I like and the colour of font I like so I dont have to start resetting things every time Is there any way to do this ?...
  9. windows size and location

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows size and location: I'm using Windows 10 Pro. How do I get the windows to remember the size and location I closed them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-size-and-location/24c054f5-5393-45d9-bdda-6abc719c58d9
  10. Where's The Registry Location For File Explorer's Size?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where's The Registry Location For File Explorer's Size?: Hello, when you open any File Explorer window (such as going to C:\ ), File Explorer has a specific saved window size that it opens with. So when you resize it, either horizontally and/or vertically, close it and re-open it again, it saves the size of the window. I would like...