Whete is the option to disable web search results?

Discus and support Whete is the option to disable web search results? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am trying to sort out a problem here. Two of my PC's have recently started to include web results in the search, which is something I don't want.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by davefaz, Jun 6, 2018.

1. davefaz Win User

I am trying to sort out a problem here.
    Two of my PC's have recently started to include web results in the search, which is something I don't want.
    It may well be that I forgot to disable that feature when I first installed Win 10. However, I now can't find the disable.
    I am certain there was a menu option in earlier versions but it seems to have gone.

:)

davefaz, Jun 6, 2018
  2. Antoneth Ber Win User

Uninstall annoying Cortana and return Search box

Hi,

Let us disable Search online and include web results option in Cortana's Settings so that you can only search Windows and it will not provide web results upon searching. To disable it, please follow the steps below:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click Settings.
    • Disable Search online and include web results.
    Let us know how it goes.

Antoneth Ber, Jun 8, 2018
  3. Anju Thekkethil Win User
    Setting for Cortana, Device Search History, and Search Online & Include Web Results

Hello Simmons,

A quick question before proceed:

Are you referring to hide search bar option?

If yes, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Right click on the search bar.

• Select search option.

• Now click on the hidden option.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Whete is the option to disable web search results? - Similar Threads - Whete option disable

2. How to disable the HOME key?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable the HOME key?: I want to change the registry entry 'Scancode Map' to disable the HOME key. I have already disabled the Caps Lock key and I want to add the Home key to the string but cannot find the changes to make. I DO NOT want to use 'Disable Key' program. Thanks....
  3. Windows Error When Trying to Access "Language Bar Options"

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Error When Trying to Access "Language Bar Options": I recently bought this Lenovo Ideapad 110 for studying and watching videos on Youtube. I study 3 languages, so having shortcuts like ctrl+shift+1 to switch to a particular language is much more preferable to having to press windows+space to slowly switch between them. Today,...
  4. Windows 10 sign-in options

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 sign-in options: Suddenly, my PC requires me to sign in any time it goes to sleep (and now it goes to sleep after just a few minutes). I am the only user and I hate having to do this. I followed the instructions in the forum, but it didn't work. Still having to sign in often throughout the...
  5. Using Bing in Firefox Address Bar Search

in Browsers and Email
    Using Bing in Firefox Address Bar Search: I am using Firefox 61.0.2 under W10. If I type a search term in the Search Bar, it searches using Bing just as I set it up. Fine. However, if I want to search by putting a term in the Address Bar it insists on using Google. I don't want that, I want Bing. Is there anyway I...
  6. A Couple of Brief Questions: Search Engines / Unplugged Laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    A Couple of Brief Questions: Search Engines / Unplugged Laptop: 1. When I want to 'clean' my laptop, I often go to History and 'Clear History'. Then I scroll up to Manage Search Engines and there are 5, 6 , 8 different websites I have recently visited. I am confident they exist because my computer has picked up some cookies, but they are...
  7. How to disable touch-pad on HP 17bs0xx laptop with Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to disable touch-pad on HP 17bs0xx laptop with Windows 10.: I'm a clumsy dork and while typing I keep sending the cursor to left field. I've tried instructions I've found on the web and have deleted the touchpad from the list of devices. however, the pad continues to work. Did double restarts. No luck. If anyone would deign to help...
  8. How to re-download/re-installWMP 12? It's NOT in Optional Features!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to re-download/re-installWMP 12? It's NOT in Optional Features!: I've always hated Windows Media Player, so after I installed 64-bit Windows 10 Pro (EN-US - NOT N or K), I uninstalled WMP 12 and was happy. But now I'm trying to install a new application called PlayOn Desktop, but it always fails because I don't have WMP installed. I'm...
  9. sign in options

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    sign in options: face recognition not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/sign-in-options/51e53638-2dce-458e-942a-6e193e834c5b
  10. web site secure

in Windows 10 Customization
    web site secure: Hello, Across the top where the web address is I see site not secure, It happens on outlook.com and several others. Any suggestions or help as to why this happens? Thank you...