Windows 10: Whete is the option to disable web search results?

Discus and support Whete is the option to disable web search results? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am trying to sort out a problem here. Two of my PC's have recently started to include web results in the search, which is something I don't want.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by davefaz, Jun 6, 2018.

1. davefaz Win User

Whete is the option to disable web search results?

I am trying to sort out a problem here.
    Two of my PC's have recently started to include web results in the search, which is something I don't want.
    It may well be that I forgot to disable that feature when I first installed Win 10. However, I now can't find the disable.
    I am certain there was a menu option in earlier versions but it seems to have gone.

:)

davefaz, Jun 6, 2018
  2. Antoneth Ber Win User

Uninstall annoying Cortana and return Search box

Hi,

Let us disable Search online and include web results option in Cortana's Settings so that you can only search Windows and it will not provide web results upon searching. To disable it, please follow the steps below:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click Settings.
    • Disable Search online and include web results.
    Let us know how it goes.

Antoneth Ber, Jun 8, 2018
  3. Anju Thekkethil Win User
    Setting for Cortana, Device Search History, and Search Online & Include Web Results

Hello Simmons,

A quick question before proceed:

Are you referring to hide search bar option?

If yes, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Right click on the search bar.

• Select search option.

• Now click on the hidden option.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

Whete is the option to disable web search results?

1. Whete is the option to disable web search results? - Similar Threads - Whete option disable

2. Cortana using IE not Edge for web search results

in Browsers and Email
    Cortana using IE not Edge for web search results: Ever since Build 14385 and now in 14388, Cortana has been using and opening IE as the browser for showing search web results instead of Edge. Edge is set as the default browser and has been for a long time. Have checked all the settings in both Edge and IE, as well as in...
  3. How to disable cortanas web search?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable cortanas web search?: I just reinstalled and theres no option in her settings to turn off the web search she does when you search for files on your pc and such. How else could I turn it off if its not listed in her settings? 24449
  4. Search Everywhere only opens files, not web results

in Windows 10 Support
    Search Everywhere only opens files, not web results: This is referring to the blue "Search Everywhere" panel that slides out from the right, not Cortana or the Start Menu search box. When I type into it, it'll list my local files on the top, then web results underneath. Clicking any listed local file will open that file, but...
  5. Turn On or Off Search online and include web results in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Search online and include web results in Windows 10: Apparently once you flip that switch it's gone forever? [img] I re-enabled it but that switch is still missing even after a restart. 25016
  6. Search only shows Web Results

in Windows 10 Support
    Search only shows Web Results: When I search for something in the search bar, now I am only getting web results. I am not getting computer related items. For example, if I search for printers, I only get web results about printers. I am not getting anything about the printers I have installed on this...
  7. disable web search

in Windows 10 Support
    disable web search: On the start menu I do not like that 10 is searching the web for results. I've found the entries in group policy as shown below but that doesn't work.*Mad How do I disable web search from the start menu. Disable web results in Windows 10 search - Microsoft Beta - Neowin...
  8. Disable Photos from Search Results

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable Photos from Search Results: Is there any way to adjust what is shown in the search results? I don't like photos popping up when I'm just trying to open a program. 67472
  9. Search not showing results

in Windows 10 Support
    Search not showing results: Hi. Anyone know how to fix the search function in Windows 10? It's not showing any results. So far I already tried the following but to no avail. Rebuild indexing, scannow cmd, chdsk /r,. 10886
  10. Can't get local search results on one machine (only web results)

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't get local search results on one machine (only web results): Hi folks. New to forum :-). Yesterday I upgraded two Dell laptops and my desktop machine to Windows 10. I am really liking it so far. But I have two things I can't seem to resolve: 1. Search - On my two Dell laptops if I search for, say, User Account Control, at the top of...