Windows 10: Whete is the option to disable web search results?

Discus and support Whete is the option to disable web search results? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am trying to sort out a problem here. Two of my PC's have recently started to include web results in the search, which is something I don't want.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by davefaz, Jun 6, 2018.

1. davefaz Win User

Whete is the option to disable web search results?

I am trying to sort out a problem here.
    Two of my PC's have recently started to include web results in the search, which is something I don't want.
    It may well be that I forgot to disable that feature when I first installed Win 10. However, I now can't find the disable.
    I am certain there was a menu option in earlier versions but it seems to have gone.

:)

davefaz, Jun 6, 2018

2. Uninstall annoying Cortana and return Search box

Hi,

Let us disable Search online and include web results option in Cortana's Settings so that you can only search Windows and it will not provide web results upon searching. To disable it, please follow the steps below:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click Settings.
    • Disable Search online and include web results.
    Let us know how it goes.

Antoneth Ber, Jun 8, 2018
  3. Setting for Cortana, Device Search History, and Search Online & Include Web Results

Hello Simmons,

A quick question before proceed:

Are you referring to hide search bar option?

If yes, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Right click on the search bar.

• Select search option.

• Now click on the hidden option.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

Whete is the option to disable web search results?

1. Whete is the option to disable web search results? - Similar Threads - Whete option disable

2. Web search results

in Cortana
    Web search results: Hi, my name is Sumiyuru I am using a windows 10 home operating system hp I have a problem in the search box, as experienced in my other 2 computers when I search something in the web it immediately gives me web results but in my hp computer in the search box when I search...
  3. Windows Search Not Showing Web Results

in Cortana
    Windows Search Not Showing Web Results: I have been using a Windows 10 Professional from the past 4 months and from yesterday the Windows Search was not showing any Web Results. I am from India and according to this article:...
  4. how to disable web results in search boxmenu?

in Cortana
    how to disable web results in search boxmenu?: hi, as the title says, i want to disable whole web searching in search menu as it just slows down my pc and i never use it anyway. please suggest some way to disable it? also, is there a way to safely remove cortana app and its related services? i am using windows 10 2004...
  5. Disabling "See web results" from search

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disabling "See web results" from search: Hi. I've tried multiple tutorials on the internet, and nothing removes the "see web results" in 1903. It's really irritating that Edge opens when I mistype something and press enter. Thanks in advance! submitted by /u/ApertureNext [link] [comments]...
  6. How to disable search the web option in Search/Cortana?

in Cortana
    How to disable search the web option in Search/Cortana?: How do you disable "search the web" in search/Cortana? ***Modified title from: Search*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-search-the-web-option-in/27e0c3a8-c337-49d7-8416-5c7dd8d9dc4f"
  7. Web search results not included in search bar

in Cortana
    Web search results not included in search bar: To whom it may concern, I updated from Windows 10 Home 1803 to 1903 yesterday June 19th 2019. Everything seemed fine after that until I discovered that the web searches are no longer included in my searches from the search bar. It only displays local content from my docs,...
  8. Disable web results in search

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disable web results in search: What am I missing here to stop getting web results when searching for stuff on my PC? Enabling "Do not allow web search" does....nothing..... [img] [img] 120609
  9. Search only shows Web Results

in Windows 10 Support
    Search only shows Web Results: When I search for something in the search bar, now I am only getting web results. I am not getting computer related items. For example, if I search for printers, I only get web results about printers. I am not getting anything about the printers I have installed on this...
  10. disable web search

in Windows 10 Support
    disable web search: On the start menu I do not like that 10 is searching the web for results. I've found the entries in group policy as shown below but that doesn't work.*Mad How do I disable web search from the start menu. Disable web results in Windows 10 search - Microsoft Beta - Neowin...