Whete is the option to disable web search results?

Discus and support Whete is the option to disable web search results? in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; I am trying to sort out a problem here. Two of my PC's have recently started to include web results in the search, which is something I don't want.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by davefaz, Jun 6, 2018.

1. davefaz Win User

I am trying to sort out a problem here.
    Two of my PC's have recently started to include web results in the search, which is something I don't want.
    It may well be that I forgot to disable that feature when I first installed Win 10. However, I now can't find the disable.
    I am certain there was a menu option in earlier versions but it seems to have gone.

:)

davefaz, Jun 6, 2018
  2. Antoneth Ber Win User

Uninstall annoying Cortana and return Search box

Hi,

Let us disable Search online and include web results option in Cortana's Settings so that you can only search Windows and it will not provide web results upon searching. To disable it, please follow the steps below:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click Settings.
    • Disable Search online and include web results.
    Let us know how it goes.

Antoneth Ber, Jun 8, 2018
  3. Anju Thekkethil Win User
    Setting for Cortana, Device Search History, and Search Online & Include Web Results

Hello Simmons,

A quick question before proceed:

Are you referring to hide search bar option?

If yes, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Right click on the search bar.

• Select search option.

• Now click on the hidden option.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

Whete is the option to disable web search results? - Similar Threads - Whete option disable

1. Difference Between Exploit Protection DEP & Performance Options DEP

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Difference Between Exploit Protection DEP & Performance Options DEP: When I was playing around with some settings in Windows Defender, I noticed that there is a setting to turn on/turn off DEP in the Exploit Protection settings section. I've had trouble with DEP on Windows 7 so I ran the following command to disable it completely: bcdedit.exe...
  2. Intel(R) Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework Settings power option

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Intel(R) Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework Settings power option: Hey Guys/Brink I can see a few guides to add certain features to the power options via reg key of command line. Can someone please let me know what the commad line info is to add" Intel(R) Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework Settings" (Config TDP Level) ? I know how to...
  3. Windows 10 Pro 1803: Error accessing Change Adaptor Options

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Pro 1803: Error accessing Change Adaptor Options: Hi Anyone have any idea why I'm getting this error and if so how do I resolve it, just updated to Windows 10 1803 from 1709, no issues before the update [img] Thanks in advance Ged 112311
  4. Error accessing Change Adaptor Options Windows 10 Pro 1803

in Windows 10 Support
    Error accessing Change Adaptor Options Windows 10 Pro 1803: Hi Anyone have any idea why I'm getting this error and if so how do I resolve it, just updated to Windows 10 1803 from 1709, no issues before the update [img] Thanks in advance Ged 112311
  5. Windows Recovery Environment only shows Advanced Boot Options.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Recovery Environment only shows Advanced Boot Options.: Windows Recovery Environment is only showing Advanced Boot Options, no other options (Such as System Restore, Command Prompt etc.). Any ideas as to why this is? 112043
  6. Taskbar GPO option NOT properly preventing right-click on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar GPO option NOT properly preventing right-click on Start Menu: The GPO option "Remove access to the context menus for the taskbar" is NOT properly preventing users from opening up the Power User Tasks Menu by right-clicking on the Start Menu button. (I swear this USED to work before the Windows 10 Pro April 2018 update - build 1803)...
  7. Windows Update Settings Refuses to Let Me Use This Option

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update Settings Refuses to Let Me Use This Option: I got an issue with windows update. When I go to settings > windows update > advanced options. I cant turn this on the option, "automatically download updates, even over metered data connections". Whenever I try to, it switches back to off. I just want to automatically...