Windows 10: Whether Indexing options settings are User specific or PC specific.

Discus and support Whether Indexing options settings are User specific or PC specific. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Whether Indexing options settings are User specific or PC specific 83575 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sam9, May 4, 2017.

1. sam9 Win User

Whether Indexing options settings are User specific or PC specific.

Whether Indexing options settings are User specific or PC specific

:)

sam9, May 4, 2017

2. How to disable activesync date time sync programatically

Hi,

If you do not setup a partnership with the PC then ActiveSync will not set the time on the device.

Also, there is an option in ActiveSync whether or not to synchronize time.

The option on the device whether or not to sync time is OEM specific. So I suggest that you contact the OEM of your device.

One last thought - there is an option for network time as well as ActiveSync that you may need to look into. This too is OEM specific.

Pocket PC FAQ - Pocket PC, Handheld PC and Windows CE FAQs, Reviews, Commentary, etc!

Pocket PC Talk - Your place for Pocket PC News

Chris De Herrera, May 4, 2017
  3. Unable to search for 'Settings' items and missing items

I have read all the posts all over the net about this issue in various forms. There's notes on using PowerShell to re-install Cortana. There's notes on removing all the options you are indexed for, rebuilding index, then re-enabling them, then re-indexing...
    There's one specific note about removing the indexing option for the:

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Packages\windows.immersivecontrolpanel_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState\Indexed

and then re-enabling.

My issue I think is that on my laptop under "Indexed" there is a "Settings" folder, but *nothing* under it. My desktop where it works perfectly has tons of files in the Settings folder. What do I have to do to get these files to be present? I have tried
    the other suggestions, rebuilding index (which always finishes), creating a new user (no files in that users directory either).

I also see when I go to "Search" and type "resolution" it says at the top "These results may be incomplete" but yet the indexing doesnt show that it is running at the moment, it said it completed. No ideas.

Aaron Gray, May 4, 2017
Thema:

Whether Indexing options settings are User specific or PC specific.

1. Whether Indexing options settings are User specific or PC specific. - Similar Threads - Whether Indexing options

2. No "uninstall" option for specific updates.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No "uninstall" option for specific updates.: Hello, So recently I updated some available updates, But I would like to uninstall them but I am unable too and get no "uninstall" option for the specific updates, when trying using CMD it says my system requires these recently installed updates. I have tried safe mode I have...
  3. No "uninstall" option for specific updates.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No "uninstall" option for specific updates.: Hello, So recently I updated some available updates, But I would like to uninstall them but I am unable too and get no "uninstall" option for the specific updates, when trying using CMD it says my system requires these recently installed updates. I have tried safe mode I have...
  4. No "uninstall" option for specific updates.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Install App for specific user

Install App for specific user: Hi, I have recently switched to Windows 11 as it seems inevitable anyways. I have created a private userfor all my private browsing, coding gaming stuff, and another user for everything I do in University.Since I have some apps that I only use for Uni and do not want to see...
  6. Is it possible to have a user-specific clock setting?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to have a user-specific clock setting?: I have both personal and business user accounts on my windows 11 computer. The personal account, I'd like to be on GMT, while the business account needs to be on Eastern Time. Each time I've tried to change the system clock for one user, it would also change the clock for the...
  7. Is it possible to have a user-specific clock setting?

Is it possible to have a user-specific clock setting?: I have both personal and business user accounts on my windows 11 computer. The personal account, I'd like to be on GMT, while the business account needs to be on Eastern Time. Each time I've tried to change the system clock for one user, it would also change the clock for the...
  8. How to prevent users from indexing Specific Paths in Search Index on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to prevent users from indexing Specific Paths in Search Index on Windows 10: At times, you might not want to include a particular folder or path in Windows Search. You can follow this tutorial to prevent users from indexing specific paths in the Search index on Windows 10 computer. It is possible to create this limitation using the Registry Editor and...
  9. How to share folder to specific user on specific PC on the network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to share folder to specific user on specific PC on the network: Hello, I have 3 PCs running Windows 10 (Home) and one of them is sharing a folder to the others. I shared the folder using Right click on the folder > Properties > Sharing > Advanced Sharing > Share this folder > Permissions > Everyone > Change (Or Full Access, depends what I...
  10. How to index only .exe's on specific drive?

in Cortana
    How to index only .exe's on specific drive?: Looking to index all my games on my secondary drive and some misc folders so I can just simply search for them however I can't seem to figure out how to change the "File Types" in the Index Settings only for the 2nd drive and specific folders without effecting the indexing...