Windows 10: Which edition for Win 7 Home Premium and Win 8.1 Single Language?

Discus and support Which edition for Win 7 Home Premium and Win 8.1 Single Language? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I just joined. I have a 1 MBPS unlimited connection; it takes about two hours to download 700 MBs, and the Win 10 download is around 3 GBs,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BhargavJ, Aug 15, 2015.

1. BhargavJ Win User

Which edition for Win 7 Home Premium and Win 8.1 Single Language?

Hello, I just joined.

I have a 1 MBPS unlimited connection; it takes about two hours to download 700 MBs, and the Win 10 download is around 3 GBs, so I have to make sure whether or not the edition I'm downloading is the correct one or not.

I have two laptops; both came with Windows pre-installed (licensed copy).

One is a three-years old Toshiba laptop which has Windows 7 Home Premium x64.

The other is a one-year old Dell laptop which had Windows 8 Single Language x64, which I updated to Win 8.1. System information just says "Windows 8.1 Single Language", but doesn't say whether its Pro or anything else, which means its the Win 8.1 Core edition - correct me if I'm wrong.

According to Microsoft, both of these can be upgraded to Windows 10 Home. For downloading Win 10, I'm going to use either the Media Creation Tool or the ESD links given on the Reddit page. In the beginning, the Media Creation Tool gives an option to select which Win 10 edition I want to download - Home / Home N / Home Single Language / Pro / Pro N.

My question is, can I download just one edition which can be used to upgrade both the laptops, or will I have to download two different editions for both? If I have to download twice, then I won't select the edition at all; in both laptops, I'll just let the Tool decide (Upgrade this PC option). If one download will suffice, for Win 8.1, I'll have to download Win 10 Home Single Language edition, but which version should I download for Win 7 Home Premium - Win 10 Home or Win 10 Home N?

I know the MTP will create an ISO while the direct download links give an ESD file; I've worked with ESD files earlier, so that's not a problem. I'm more inclined to download using the direct links as I can use a download accelerator as against MTP, which, from what I've read, often stops downloading midway and then you have to start the download again.

Thanks. *Smile

:)

BhargavJ, Aug 15, 2015

2. Windows Defender turned off, cant turn it on says I have another AV installed when I dont

Hi,

I have the paid version of MalwareBytes installed on my Windows10 64 bit Home edition and on all my other computers (Win.8 Pro, Win. 8.1 Pro and Win.7 SP1 Home Premium [ Those are 32 bit }). Previously I had the free MalwareBytes version(s).

No problem what so ever with Windows Defender.

Regards.

Cranky_10XA_is back, Aug 15, 2015
  3. Balaji TG Win User
    Windows activation error 0x80041023

Win 7 ultimate to win 10 Pro

Regards,

Balaji

Balaji TG, Aug 15, 2015
  4. Which edition for Win 7 Home Premium and Win 8.1 Single Language?

Yes, the (Windows Home 64bit) download will work for both computers.

teachermark, Aug 15, 2015
Thema:

Which edition for Win 7 Home Premium and Win 8.1 Single Language?

1. Which edition for Win 7 Home Premium and Win 8.1 Single Language? - Similar Threads - edition Home Premium

2. Chang language Win 11 Home single language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chang language Win 11 Home single language: I bought a computer for secondary home use and it seems to have Thai as the system default language. I do live in Thailand but neither speak nor read Thai. But if I try to download the English pack I'm told that I have a single language version of WIndows11 and can only...
  3. Chang language Win 11 Home single language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chang language Win 11 Home single language: I bought a computer for secondary home use and it seems to have Thai as the system default language. I do live in Thailand but neither speak nor read Thai. But if I try to download the English pack I'm told that I have a single language version of WIndows11 and can only...
  4. Windows 10 home single language edition

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 home single language edition: i purchased my laptop with Windows 10 home single language edition with the product key but after some years i changed to different edition of windows but now i want to install windows 10 home single language edition again how can i get the iso file as it is not available...
  5. Downgrade Win 10 Pro to Home Single Language

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Downgrade Win 10 Pro to Home Single Language: I have made backup of Win 10 Home to Pendrive when i first opened the laptop, before upgrading it to Win 10 Pro. After upgrading it to Win 10 Pro i did a reset where a warning showed up which told me that "digital license is valid for Home Single User Language and not for...
  6. Upgrade from Win 7 Home Premium

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade from Win 7 Home Premium: I Just found your site - amazing! Planning to upgrade to Win 10 from Win 7 Home Premium. All the chat talks about Win 7 Pro and Win 10 Pro. Will the procedures be the same for my upgrade? I do have my Win 7 Product Key. 145738
  7. Win 10 home single language

Win 10 home single language: Hello. Is an upgrade from win 10 home single language to win 10 Pro possible or have i do a clean install for Pro ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-home-single-language/cdadffb2-b0f6-430b-9ef3-66a53024f4a2
  8. How to download Win 7 premium OA Home ISO?

How to download Win 7 premium OA Home ISO?: Could you tell me if it is possible to download a legitimate Win 7 Home ISO? I am trying to find it and I have a product key but it seems that Microsoft discontinued this product...
  9. Upgrade Win 7 Home Premium to Win 10 fails.

Upgrade Win 7 Home Premium to Win 10 fails.: It is Windows Home Premium 32 bit. The HDD has 285 GB free. I'm trying to upgrade online with the Media Creator. It gets all the way through and installs Win 10, then reboots and starts "Working on Updates" At 7% it reboots and goes back to Win 7. 111708
  10. Resetting computer which originally had Win 7 and was updated to Win 1

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Resetting computer which originally had Win 7 and was updated to Win 1: Is it possible to reset a computer which originally had Windows 7 and was upgraded to Windows 10? I want it back to the way it was AFTER the upgrade, just as if it had been a new computer with Win 10 installed. I have backed up all data files (and have all software for...